HTC Incredible 4G is now Official

derek533

[H]F Junkie
4.0" qHd screen, Sense 4.0, ICS 4.0, 4G LTE, S4 Processor. I see what they did there.

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/05/0...redible-4g-lte-available-in-the-coming-weeks/

Supposedly, it's going to go for $149 which means it's exactly what I thought it would be; a mid-tier phone. Also, while some prefer smaller screens, I prefer bigger and consider it a downgrade to go from my current DX to this phone.

Where the heck is the Galaxy Journal (aka Note) Verizon! I'm almost considering dumping my unlimited data to go to the dark side or Sprint should they get it.

A downgrade compared to a Droid ? Best laugh of the night

Looks real nice, however I can't help but notice they didn't show any side profiles..... thick phone maybe?

I'd rather have the One series

Technically this is a One series. ;)

It's a One S with a smaller screen. In the end it's yawn worthy. Verizon really needs to release a new phone or two to compete with the likes of One X (btw fuck AT&T and not allowing HTC to unlock the bootloader) and a true One S. Pushing a "new" blue Droid RAZR and this watered down One S derivative doesn't cut it.

Having a smaller screen, clocking the CPU down while using the same LTE integrated Snapdragon S4 Krait means this phone should beat the One S in battery life. If clocked up to the same speed, it should also beat it in benchmarks having less pixels to push. And you get a microsd slot, all for cheap. To a lot of people, this has the dream performance/battery life/price ratio.

Having a smaller screen, clocking the CPU down while using the same LTE integrated Snapdragon S4 Krait means this phone should beat the One S in battery life. If clocked up to the same speed, it should also beat it in benchmarks having less pixels to push. And you get a microsd slot, all for cheap. To a lot of people, this has the dream performance/battery life/price ratio.

I agree, the specs are very nice. If it follows other HTC Verizon phones and allows bootloader unlocking this thing will be a beast once you get a solid ROM on it. I did wish they had used the new ceramic metal material instead of the same tired old plastic ribbed backing and the lack of the One series imaging chip (burst shots and some other effects I guess) is a bit of a disappointment but not a deal breaker. If Verizon had any announced plans of getting the One S I would wait for it over this but as of right now this is the best phone in their lineup for people that don't need a hueg screen.

Looks real nice, however I can't help but notice they didn't show any side profiles..... thick phone maybe?

Phone arena has it listed at 12mm. Gonna have to try to hold the phone in person and see if that matters to me but I don't think that's going to hold me back. The top bezel on the other hand is unnecessarily tall with that stupid Verizon logo and might wind up turning me off a bit, still shorter than the headliner phones but they could have done better.

Its a One S with a smaller screen and no ImageSense camera.
WTF. Thats horrible even for Verizon.

I think the main thing to keep in mind here more than anything else, is that for awhile, Verizon was the place to be for top notch Android phones while ATT played bed buddies with Apple for the iPhone. We haven't heard anything in months and CES was a big disappointment for Verizon customers as well. When they finally do announce an new device, it's a phone that is meh to me and a lot of other users from what I've been reading on msg boards and blogs.

I agree with the above poster, WTF Verizon?

A downgrade compared to a Droid ? Best laugh of the night

A downgrade in terms of screen size. I've got ICS on my X and it does everything I want it to and more. The development community has kept it afloat even after the GB debacle. I get two solid days out of the battery as well.

Sure the Inc 4 has better specs however, with the loss of the screen size (it's hard going to a smaller screen when your used to a larger one, try it if you don't believe me), a pentile screen, and mid-range specs compared to what else is out there, why would I want to lock into another 18 months for a small bump at most, in specs and speed?

Its a One S with a smaller screen and no ImageSense camera.
WTF. Thats horrible even for Verizon.

Well it makes sense given it's an Incredible. They're keeping the size similar to what the Incredibles have been.

ImageSense was probably taken away to leave for their higher end phones.

I'm hoping to see the XL on Verizon too, but I don't expect it since they have the SGSIII and Nexus Prime for their large phone option.

There is nothing 'Incredible' about this phone. At least when Sprint made their own version of the One X, they made it better. Verizon made the One S worse in every possible way.

Back