HTC Flyer at Bestbuy for only $99

Nice find, too bad none of the local stores around me have any.

I will be calling three locations in my area and having them set aside one for me. All I want is one for me and one for the woman...

None of the locations near me have them (and they haven't even opened yet today). Seems like it was supposed to be $499 - $200 = $299 instead of $299 - $200 = $99.

Yummy, 2 of 4 stores within 45 min'ish drive say in stock.

EDIT: Hrmm, yahoo search shows that BB dropped the price on this to $299 on October 1st, so I am seriously wondering if this is indeed a price mistake. Gonna try to hit my local BB up in a bit, armed with a printout of the web page showing the $99 price.

Last edited:
It looks like it was indeed a website pricing error on Best Buys part. Oh well... :(

line outside at the local shop, manager announced it was a price mistake and they will not honor it, plenty in stock but not for that price... cleared everyone out.

fu_face.jpg

Assuming it wasn't a price mistake, I was tempted. But I kinda think I'd rather spend the extra $100 and get the Kindle Fire anyway.

Best Buy seriously sucks for price mistakes. I've tried on maybe twelve or thirteen of them over the years and have never gotten a single one. Sometimes I've even made it to the register only to have a douchebag employee call the manager over and say, "Hey, I think this guy is trying to rip us off can you check the price?" and be denied.

MY LOCAL STORE HONORED THE PRICE...

However... I got there <10 minutes after the store opened, they HAD 5 in stock, the 5 people that walked out past me bought them all up, the rep said it WAS a price mistake, however he DID honor the online price for them. DAMN you unusually high morning traffic!!!!!

maybe you are used to disappointing your boss. I aim a bit higher.

You should be ashamed and fired. I think it's obvious a more motivated employee would have robbed the Best Buy and gotten their boss a dozen HTC Flyers for free. :D

I'm not stupid enough to think I can do the impossible for a boss. I'm also not enough of an ass-kisser to even try.

your boss asks you to leave work to pick something up for them and you say no ?

was there a long line at the drive thru window or were you too busy collecting carts ?

Manager came out 5 minutes before opening to tell the 20ish people in line it was a mistake. People were pissed because the line had been there a couple hours before I got there and they waited all that time to say it was a mistake.

BestBuy corporate is sending out memos that they will not honor this price mistake.

I see a lawsuit coming!

BestBuy corporate is sending out memos that they will not honor this price mistake.

I see a lawsuit coming!

Why pretty much all ecommerce websites have a clause saying that they dont have to honor price mistakes and that they can refund your order and etc.

happens all the time

Well i was slightly aggrivated when the guy came out and said it was a pricing mistake. Especially since the first BB i went to had 2 people waiting in line and the guy came out and said they only had 2, did not mention a pricing mistake.

Second store the guy was extremely rude when he came out.. He was like uhh we dont open for an hour people. (you knew good and well he knew why we were there) We asked if they had them, he goes ummm.. yeah but we arent selling them for $99 and then he walked back in.

I called Customer Service and they said it was $99 but the stores didnt have to honor. So that was that.. Although I swear i thought best buy was running a campaign about 1 price store or online.. A pricing mistake that last more than 12 hrs seems more like a gimmick to get people in the store. Especially since you couldnt order online for instore pick up with stores that showed having inventory online. I understand pricing mistakes but this seemed more like a plot for business.

just my opinion.

I think its rude to try to take advantage of an obvious pricing error, guess you cancel each other out then? Although the guy should have just said its not 99 bucks, go away.

i got 25 and im selling them on ebay for $400 each+ship.

your boss asks you to leave work to pick something up for them and you say no ?

was there a long line at the drive thru window or were you too busy collecting carts ?

You twisted the meaning of my comment. Just because I don't have my nose up someone else's ass does not make me a poor employee. Once one starts kissing that ass, integrity begins to vanish. Something you've made painfully obvious with your misinterpretation of my words.

I had 3 orders in online and was the first in line at the store when it opened and came up empty handed. Next time I will prevail, BB, next time.

I think its rude to try to take advantage of an obvious pricing error, guess you cancel each other out then? Although the guy should have just said its not 99 bucks, go away.

I think the legal stand point here is how obvious of an error was it? There was one particular tablet in particular that they offered for $99 not too long ago. Yeah you can argue that the company completely dropped the line, but not everyone out there knows that. And lets be honest this wasn't a matter of the decimal place being in the wrong place, this is a price that's listed for 1/3 of what it normally does... now not plead a case too much here, but I bought a bunch of shorts the other day that were 1/4 of what they normally sold for, so it really isn't out of the realm of possibility. Especially if you were one of said people going for those $99 tablets, lost due to them being sold out, and then all of a sudden here comes another $99 tablet sale not to long after!

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if this "mistake" simply was to get people in the store.

Yeah bro that's good customer service! You tell them how it is.

Apparently your memory is about as rusty as your customer service skills because it was very recent that the touchpad dropped to 99. Slightly different circumstance? Maybe, but this isnt exactly the best tablet in the world. So its possible.

Yeah bro that's good customer service! You tell them how it is.

Apparently your memory is about as rusty as your customer service skills because it was very recent that the touchpad dropped to 99. Slightly different circumstance? Maybe, but this isnt exactly the best tablet in the world. So its possible.

Slightly different circumstances? common now. I wouldn't expect them to honor the price, obvious error. Price mistake and touchpad dropping to 99 is not the same things. Touchpad failed and a failed product sold in fire sale is not the same as a price mistake. HTC is not going to stop making this tablet. Can't believe you are even trying to compare the two. Yes some stores should have told people, but someone thinking that 1/3 off the price wasn't a mistake is kidding themselves. This isn't black friday yet.

Slightly different circumstances? common now. I wouldn't expect them to honor the price, obvious error. Price mistake and touchpad dropping to 99 is not the same things. Touchpad failed and a failed product sold in fire sale is not the same as a price mistake. HTC is not going to stop making this tablet. Can't believe you are even trying to compare the two. Yes some stores should have told people, but someone thinking that 1/3 off the price wasn't a mistake is kidding themselves. This isn't black friday yet.

it may have been a price mistake but then you it rang up at $99 and had a $99 tag on the shelf.
there were 3 at my store and the 3 people were able to purchase them and leave before the manager told the rest of us that they wouldn't honor the price mistake.

1) You are wrong. The Flyer is EOL.
2) I've seen best buy cut prices in half on a Galaxy Tab before. So it IS possible.
3) Our HTC REP ADVERTISED IT ON HIS FACEBOOK. So you would think he would know... right?

not that this even matters at all. we are all entitled to our opinion!

Last edited:
Its classic bait and switch. Get them to the store and half your job is done. Then you just have to trick the customer into getting something else. Not sure how any company can have a price error. At my job, I do lots of numbers on important projects. If I put down a wrong number the project is just not gong to go as planned. I double check my electronic file, then after printing I double check again. If I still miss an error it is usually caught by the next person in the design process who questions my numbers. How can something as high profile as a Tablet slip past any supervisors desk without being double checked? It wasnt a coffee maker or a DVD at the wrong price, it was a $300 tablet market at $99.

Back