HTC EVO - Cyanogen Mod first nightly build released (Froyo)

crackbone

Gawd
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=729367

I've been running it most of the day today, and it's a damn solid build. If you want to give Froyo a shot on EVO (with most everything working properly), knock yourself out.

It's damn fast.

screenshot.jpg

screenshot_3.jpg

Last edited:
Nice :cool: Really looking forward to CM 6 for my EVO. I will wait for the official non test version. When will that be released ?

Also i heard that the DROID-Incredible will be getting the official 2.2 Froyo release in a matter of weeks, since it uses Sense-UI, maybe our EVO's will also be getting 2.2 officially soon as well ?

4g isn't working on this build..and the led indicator as well ..the rest is running great. Personally I prefer AOSP Android myself.

Sense is a damn performance hog.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Nice :cool: Really looking forward to CM 6 for my EVO. I will wait for the official non test version. When will that be released ?

Good Idea, or just wait for EVO to update itself if you can wait.
I love CM Builds and have been running them for some time on my Nexus One, but these builds (along with others) are not without issues and are usually user tested by the community, so don't always expect 100% perfection even though CM final builds are usually pretty close :)

4g isn't working on this build..and the led indicator as well ..the rest is running great. Personally I prefer AOSP Android myself.

Sense is a damn performance hog.

I prefer stock Android as well. It's nice not to have bunch of Sprint crap-ware.

I am running it too. Its awsome. It is sooo much faster. Linpack went from 7.8mflops to 45mflops @ 1145mhz.

Someone even go HID working on it. Go look on youtube for evo cyanogen hid. Guy was using his mouse to control his phone. Even had a proper mouse cursor!

You can also use bluetooth game pads with it. People have been using wiimotes with emus.

One thing I would recommend is to replace ADW with launcher pro. It is alot smoother.

I loved it but without mms working and certain apps showing in the market place, im going back to root stock. Trying to find a house, and wife and i send pics to ppl and back and forth too much.

It was smooth and fast though, and i had good battery life. I cant wait for these fixes.

Last edited:
. Trying to find a house and wife and i send pics to ppl and back and forth too much.

It was smooth and fast though

That sounds funny together :) So your gonna buy a new house that comes with a Wife ? :p Just teasing :D

Question. Does Froyo allow different colors in the calender? What about alphabetical listing of address book by last name?

Question. Does Froyo allow different colors in the calender? What about alphabetical listing of address book by last name?

I am not a big calendar user on my personal phone, but from what I saw there was no option to change color to calendar events. Yes, you can sort contacts by last name.

Stock Froyo on N1.

ha it does sound funny there.

I guess mms is fixed now after tonights build. Ive been following the xda thread all day.

Last night's build fixed MMS and LED. It's getting better and better. :D

Not sure when Froyo is going to be released "officially" by HTC for Sense on EVO...

As for a RC for Cyanogen's MOD, not sure on that either. I feel they are getting pretty close. IMO, the big hold up is going to be figuring out HTC's WiMax implementation, as it's not open source, and apparently it's pretty funky.

Word is that HTC and Verizon are updating the Incredible to 2.2 early August. The Incredible uses the same Sense-UI as the EVO. So maybe that will speed things up ?

How does froyo effect battery life on the EVO? I might consider rooting if the effect is great.

How does froyo effect battery life on the EVO? I might consider rooting if the effect is great.

Right now, that's really hard to say.

The current CM mod is using power profiles from the Nexus One, so it's all borked up. You can't really gauge much of what's going on with the battery, etc.

This will be changing shortly, maybe tonight's nightly build or tomorrow.

I have the seidio 3500mah battery. This thing is awesome. Came in yesterday lol. Im using the hell out of it today to see how it works.

Which will release first ? Official 2.2 Froyo from HTC ? Or non beta and stable release of CM 6 ?

I have the seidio 3500mah battery. This thing is awesome. Came in yesterday lol. Im using the hell out of it today to see how it works.

If you please. Start a new thread with your impressions. I am certain that many people including myself are interested in your findings.

Instead of digging through an unrelated thread. Thanks.

I am running stock since I know I can cause more harm than good by rooting. Especially if it is not a final version.

If you please. Start a new thread with your impressions. I am certain that many people including myself are interested in your findings.

Instead of digging through an unrelated thread. Thanks.

I am running stock since I know I can cause more harm than good by rooting. Especially if it is not a final version.

Done :)

Back