HTC Evo 4G + Android 2.2?

Absolutely, the question is when will HTC stop putting the useless SenseUI bullshit on phones so updates can be released with minimal testing.

Seriously stock android is light years ahead of what it once was and all these skins are just stalling the overall evolution of android on every device.

for those with an EVO can you do me a HUGE favor and download a benchmarking app called Quadrant its free in the market and post the results.

dont need a screenshot im just curious how that compares to the droid. ill post mine here in a bit.

for those with an EVO can you do me a HUGE favor and download a benchmarking app called Quadrant its free in the market and post the results.

dont need a screenshot im just curious how that compares to the droid. ill post mine here in a bit.

You show me yours and I'll show you mine.

Definitely looking forward to 2.2 on my Evo... 2.1 ain't bad, either. ;)

You show me yours and I'll show you mine.

I dont have an evo im just curious how it compares.

heres mine..

Phone: Motorola Droid
ROM: Froyo 2.2
Kernel: P3 1200mhz

CAP201006092212.jpg

My quadrant result is 427...but I have it downloading itunes music in the background.

Stock Evo...

that sounds about right.... for all intensive purposes its got the same specs as the Nexus One, and the N1 gets mid 500's with 2.1

now with 2.2 you should see the 1000-1200 range all day.

Milestone on Telus, STOCK ROM @ 1ghz was 606
Milestone on Telus, STOCK ROM @ 1.2ghz is 670

I figured a 1ghz snapdragon in a superphone would be nicer than a 1ghz A8 in the milestone. Yeouch.

Either way, 2.2 is where it's at, and I can't wait XD

Snapdragon is an A8. A8 is the CPU, Snapdragon is the package as a whole (CPU + RAM + GPU). The Milestone uses an OMAP package, don't remember the name off hand.

Snapdragon is an A8. A8 is the CPU, Snapdragon is the package as a whole (CPU + RAM + GPU). The Milestone uses an OMAP package, don't remember the name off hand.

OMAP 3430. Its a pretty good package. Got to play with one of its little brothers while I was at T.I. runs linux pretty well for what its worth.

Absolutely, the question is when will HTC stop putting the useless SenseUI bullshit on phones so updates can be released with minimal testing.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll see that anytime soon. It's called product differentiation. The handset makers don't want to become like PC clone makers where everybody's product works basically the same way and the only thing you can compete on is price/performance, which drives your margins into the ground.

Of course, if their proprietary UI is nothing special, then nobody's going to pay a premium for it anyway, and might actually go out of their way to avoid it.

What's the package for the snapdragon set then GPU wise? I know the droid/Milestone is a PowerVR SGX530, Basically half the power of the iPad for example...

I'm just trying to differentiate for my own knowledge at this point. I've honestly never cared too much about snapdragon *shrugs* That, and Wikipedia sucks, it's not telling me the GPU info <_<

What's the package for the snapdragon set then GPU wise? I know the droid/Milestone is a PowerVR SGX530, Basically half the power of the iPad for example...

I'm just trying to differentiate for my own knowledge at this point. I've honestly never cared too much about snapdragon *shrugs* That, and Wikipedia sucks, it's not telling me the GPU info <_<

Actually I was mistaken. Snapdragon technically uses a different CPU (Scorpion), but its more a tweak of the A8. Its not really any faster clock for clock (Scorpion is quoted as providing 2100 DMIPS at 1 GHz; Cortex-A8 is quoted at 2000 DMIPS at the same speed.) - which is why the two benchmark almost the same at the same clock speeds. The Snapdragon (QSD8250) in the Nexus One doesn't have a dedicated GPU from what I understand. The big difference between the Snapdragon and the A8 is that the Snapdragon can more easily hit 1ghz with lower power consumption.

My Evo scored 1218... froyo 2.2 running Fresh ROM 3.3.0.1 and using Launcher Pro Plus as my UI.

Last edited:
scored a 1252 on my nexus one with stock 2.2. fresh reboot with all apps killed, had about 266mb mem available (thats normal for my phone). the graph says nexus one 2.2+ is at the top, then my device basically tied with the moto droid X 2.2+ and the evo 2.2+ at around 1220ish

Back