HTC Droid Incredible $99.99

id be tempted if it was for sprint or tmobile or something (ya i dont follow droids so they prob only work for most expensive carriers att & verizon) id rather not spend 100$ a month on plan with a 100$ phone id rather they charge me 300 for the phone and 50 a month for the plan ;/ Cough att & verizon suck! but killer deal on the phone to bad cant unlock it to sprint hehe or the wallmart 45$ a month unlimited plan that uses verizon network

Check out the HTC evo on Sprint then. It's a bit better than the HTC Incredible imo. Same but with bigger screen and HD video. I think it has a different 1GHz proc.

Check out the HTC evo on Sprint then. It's a bit better than the HTC Incredible imo. Same but with bigger screen and HD video. I think it has a different 1GHz proc.

And Evo works on Sprint's 4G network, too.

Same CPU, slightly larger screen TFT screen (vs AMOLED on the Incredible) on the Evo (but with same resolution), Evo has a micro HDMI output, and has a front facing camera for video conferencing. Otherwise, the hardware is pretty similar between the two.

Evo is definitely the way to go if you're on Sprint. Supposedly it's a "Summer 2010" release. Don't think there's a hard date on it yet.

id be tempted if it was for sprint or tmobile or something (ya i dont follow droids so they prob only work for most expensive carriers att & verizon) id rather not spend 100$ a month on plan with a 100$ phone id rather they charge me 300 for the phone and 50 a month for the plan ;/ Cough att & verizon suck! but killer deal on the phone to bad cant unlock it to sprint hehe or the wallmart 45$ a month unlimited plan that uses verizon network

If I wasn't under a Verizon contract with discounts, I would jump ship to Sprint for the HTC Evo too. It's the best of both worlds, since you'd get Sprint's slightly lower prices (last I compared), the Evo with 4G support, and use of both Sprint and Verizon voice and EVDO networks.

Just got my Droid Incredible. The thing is FAST, makes my old Blackberry look like a broken down ice cream truck with how fast it is. But there are some annoyances I'm finding in its usability.

I was with AT&T for years and switched to Verizon for the Droid. While I love the phone, and the coverage is good, customer service has been terrible. Every time I go into a Verizon store with a problem, no matter the problem, their response is always "do you have a task killer app"? Then I call their tech support line and they tell me to call Motorola because "wifi is not supported". They also told me to call SanDisk for my SD Card which went bad. Not sure how AT&T would have handled these situations but when I was with them they always found a way to fix the problems whether it was a credit or something else. Still pretty happy with the phone but not so much with Verizon. Sprint had horrible coverage so I cancelled their service within the first 30 day period.

^you've tried multiple stores if possible? There's 2 particular stores that will go out of their way for me here. Part of why I'm still w/ Verizon's because they tolerate my phone indecisiveness. (which has come to an end w/ the Incredible...finally)

I was with AT&T for years and switched to Verizon for the Droid. While I love the phone, and the coverage is good, customer service has been terrible. Every time I go into a Verizon store with a problem, no matter the problem, their response is always "do you have a task killer app"? Then I call their tech support line and they tell me to call Motorola because "wifi is not supported". They also told me to call SanDisk for my SD Card which went bad. Not sure how AT&T would have handled these situations but when I was with them they always found a way to fix the problems whether it was a credit or something else. Still pretty happy with the phone but not so much with Verizon. Sprint had horrible coverage so I cancelled their service within the first 30 day period.

I think it has to be an issue with your local store(s), because Verizon is consistently rated as the best wireless carrier and AT&T is consistently one of the worst.

I think it has to be an issue with your local store(s), because Verizon is consistently rated as the best wireless carrier and AT&T is consistently one of the worst.

For him though, that really doesn't matter.

I've been to two different stores but I'll try another. After formatting my SD card it keeps getting corrupted again and again.

This. I don't understand why people get all excited about cheap devices (VZW/ATT) when its usually costing them at least $480 more every two years lol.

If your area has Sprint coverage, the EVO 4G is a better deal - its a much better phone, the price is rumored to be $200, and the plan is much cheaper. Its supposed to be released in May (they better if they don't want to lose out to iPhone4). Incredible is delayed to May 15 according to the local store.

I wish this thing was in stock somewhere. AT&T contract ended today. I want a new toy!

This. I don't understand why people get all excited about cheap devices (VZW/ATT) when its usually costing them at least $480 more every two years lol.

How so?

Easy when it comes to smartphones.
Verizon 450 mins with unlimited text $60 + Web + $30 = $90
Verizon Unlimited talk and text $90 + Web $30 = $120

ATT 450 mins $40 + Smartphone Personal Bundle (unlimited text/data) $50 = $90
ATT Unlimited talk $70 + Smartphone Personal Bundle (unlimited text/data) $50 = $120

Sprint 450 mins + unlimited text and data = $70
Sprint Unlimited everything = $100

That's $20 a month cheaper. $20 x 24 months = $480. Also if you don't get an unlimited talk plan, sprints mobile to mobile is any mobile anytime, meaning the only calls that drain your minutes are landline and toll-free numbers.

My theory? I think people are just into instant gratification, think the cheap phone makes it a better deal, and don't even think about it in a long term sense.

Last edited:
Easy when it comes to smartphones.
Verizon 450 mins with unlimited text $60 + Web + $30 = $90
Verizon Unlimited talk and text $90 + Web $30 = $120

ATT 450 mins $40 + Smartphone Personal Bundle (unlimited text/data) $50 = $90
ATT Unlimited talk $70 + Smartphone Personal Bundle (unlimited text/data) $50 = $120

Sprint 450 mins + unlimited text and data = $70
Sprint Unlimited everything = $100

That's $20 a month cheaper. $20 x 24 months = $480. Also if you don't get an unlimited talk plan, sprints mobile to mobile is any mobile anytime, meaning the only calls that drain your minutes are landline and toll-free numbers.

My theory? I think people are just into instant gratification, think the cheap phone makes it a better deal, and don't even think about it in a long term sense.

It might have something to do with the fact that Sprint has notoriously hideous customer support, and it's worth a little bit more a month to have much better quality.

It might have something to do with the fact that Sprint has notoriously hideous customer support, and it's worth a little bit more a month to have much better quality.

I've been with them all and they all suck at CS to some extent imo.
Anyway, I agree with Devil's post below. It used to be pretty bad before Hesse got there, and people won't let go of the past.

Let me fix something for you...

... Sprint HAD notoriously hideous customer support...

Sprint's customer service is now maybe the best in the industry, no matter what some people say. The reps go above and beyond to take care of any issues you may have, they callback to follow up and even throw freebies at you just because.

I've been with all major four wireless providers (twice with Sprint) and I've noticed the change. I left them 5 years ago because of some crap on their end, but decided to comeback last year and for the past 14 months, I can say that they are a completely different company (e.g. have never been on hold for more than 2 minutes and during my very few calls to their billing or support depts, I've always been greeted and helped by a US-based CSR).

Let me fix something for you...

Sprint's customer service is now maybe the best in the industry, no matter what some people say. The reps go above and beyond to take care of any issues you may have, they callback to follow up and even throw freebies at you just because.

I've been with all major four wireless providers (twice with Sprint) and I've noticed the change. I left them 5 years ago because of some crap on their end, but decided to comeback last year and for the past 14 months, I can say that they are a completely different company (e.g. have never been on hold for more than 2 minutes and during my very few calls to their billing or support depts, I've always been greeted and helped by a US-based CSR).

good to hear, I will be swapping from AT&T to sprint really soon.

Best in the industry is still utter crap for cellular service. They are all evil if you ask me. The customer service really means the least. Give me a good phone with good coverage. I'll deal with the problems on my own since I'm going to have to anyway.

Back