HT Omega - eClaro, Claro II, and Impressions

tlkimball

Limp Gawd
I'm looking at upgrading my sound. I'm very much attracted the the HT Omega. I'm looking at either the eClaro or the new Claro II.

I'm currently using on-board sound with crappy speakers. I have Shure SRH440's for my audio work.

My needs:

1. I game but anything is probably an upgrade to the on-board on my P67. I don't have a receiver in my computer room (and probably won't have one unless I get my old Pioneer fixed)

2. I do some digital editing of wildlife recordings I make with my Olympus LS-10. This is what I am looking to make better

Has anyone used either of these cards? What is your impression of them? They seem to be highly regarded. The Claro II looks very similar to the eClaro (other than the obvious form-factor).

Thanks for any advice!

I've heard the original Claro, I think you will be very happy. They're all quite similar, and the CMI8788 is a great audio chip. I've had my Sondigo Inferno (similar, same chip) for many years now and it's still the best $150 I've ever spent on a piece of hardware.

Thanks! I've ordered the Claro II. I'll let you know what I think when it arrives!

I've had a Claro Plus for a few years now, and I cannot speak highly enough of the sound quality of HT Omega cards.

do they make pci-E cards yet?

The claro 2 looks cool. black faceplate and lots of gold. But its PCI..........barf

Back