HP ZR2740w 27" WQHD LED-backlit IPS Monitor - DisplayPort, Dual-Link DVI Woot $349.99

GONE

Could used one of those to replace my old dell 21" side monitor... oh-well :D

For $50 more you can get a 30" 301 Sparta at the moment...

See other thread.

after 30 days i kinda doubt it...course you might try returning it and re buying it...but they might have a 30 day return policy as well

14ms response time. Wouldn't that equate into some lag in FPS games. Some of the newer brands as well as the Korean stuff is at leas around 6-7 ms

Check tftcentral's review regarding lag, anandtech might have also reviewed it too. Remember this monitor has no scaler, so panel response is the only thing which factors in.

The version being sold now has less aggressive matte. I found it very, very similar to the 27 inch Dell's at microcenter. Too bad I have a preference for glossy though. I found the colors of the HP and Dell much more muted in the store, but who knows the calibration settings used. So, that may not be an accurate measure.

Hey SP how does this monitor do with gaming? Have you noticed any lag or ghosting?

I managed to squeeze about a half hour of Crysis 3 in a couple of weeks ago, seemed fine to me. It's a great display for $400, if you have a MC nearby you can't beat this deal. Name brand + HP Business class warranty (they will send someone to your door with a replacement if something goes wrong).

14ms response time. Wouldn't that equate into some lag in FPS games. Some of the newer brands as well as the Korean stuff is at leas around 6-7 ms

PRAD measured a 4.8ms signal vs. 15-30ms for most of the multi-input 1440p+ models. The pixel response times are quite comparable to other 1440p+ monitors.

The pixel response times are not the fastest but it is close to being delay free, is free from overshoot ghosting and PWM related motion artifacts the similarly priced Asus PB278Q suffers from. Read about LED PWM Dimming Side Effects here.

Anyone know if this is the revision 1 or 2 model? The revision 1 had a matte coating, version 2 has a light semi glossy coating (which is much much better..)

I paid $600 for mine a little over a year ago. I don't think it's even worth $350 now. It's a pain in the butt to get fixed, and the power supplies have major reliability problems.

Back