HP ZR24w

Well, I decided to remove the annoying antiglare filter but I destroyed my monitor :(
_MG_0103_zpsb8c7a15b.jpg

I succeed to remove the filter which is a grey transparent, but I think it's polarizer too, if so there's no possibility to remove only the antiglare filter. I'm not sure, please confirm this.
_MG_0106_zpsf2c441be.jpg

I must mentioned that is difficult to open the monitor. It's not like the Dell 2412m.
After the removal I assembling the monitor and I open it but the monitor was totally white.
_MG_0179_zps55dc1fb7.jpg

Ι damaged the display board somehow in trying to open it and pull it out of the frame.

Then I use a polarizer filter from my photographic lense and I was able to see everything my monitor.

_MG_0180_zps9f2e1934.jpg

I contact with HP service and they told my that they fix monitor after replacing the lcd with new one. They don''t fix the lcd panel.

Is there a possibility to fix this? Or is a permanent damage.

I made this post to warn you guys about removing the antiglare filter. Be careful I think it's not recommened this procedure for this monitor.

Here how it looks without the filter.

_MG_0207_zpscd3dfeca.jpg

If anyone can help I would be much appreciate it.

Last edited:
Well, I decided to remove the annoying antiglare filter but I destroyed my monitor :(
_MG_0103_zpsb8c7a15b.jpg

I succeed to remove the filter which is a grey transparent, but I think it's polarizer too, if so there's no possibility to remove only the antiglare filter. I'm not sure, please confirm this.
_MG_0106_zpsf2c441be.jpg

I must mentioned that is difficult to open the monitor. It's not like the Dell 2412m.
After the removal I assembling the monitor and I open it but the monitor was totally white.
_MG_0179_zps55dc1fb7.jpg

Ι damaged the display board somehow in trying to open it and pull it out of the frame.

Then I use a polarizer filter from my photographic lense and I was able to see everything my monitor.

_MG_0180_zps9f2e1934.jpg

I contact with HP service and they told my that they fix monitor after replacing the lcd with new one. They don''t fix the lcd panel.

Is there a possibility to fix this? Or is a permanent damage.

I made this post to warn you guys about removing the antiglare filter. Be careful I think it's not recommened this monitor.

Here how it looks without the filter.

_MG_0207_zpscd3dfeca.jpg

If anyone can help I would be much appreciate it.

hahahaahhaahahahahahahahahahahahaha ROFL that 4th pic made my day. So much for monitor OCDs:D:D:D

I think you could sell that as a feature at some work places. If you wear polarized sunglasses you're the only one who can read your monitors.

Was anybody able to overclock refresh rate higher than 61HZ?

I just tryed it and can't go past 61...

Don't think the ZR24W allowed for any overclocking. Still have mine and still love it although it is just an auxilllary monitor these days and @cleon--I did not remove the anitglare finish! Wow.

Just picked up a used specimen for 125 USD equivalent. Anyone still using this one? I'm about to calibrate it with my Spyder 3.

Just picked up a used specimen for 125 USD equivalent. Anyone still using this one? I'm about to calibrate it with my Spyder 3.

I just replaced my 3 zr24w with an Acer X34 a few weeks ago. Never really had any complaints with them, just felt it was time to do away with surround view and really utilize my SLI again.

I've gotten things set up to where I like them with controls and calibration and I'm liking it. The only thing that disappoints me is that the refresh rate can't be changed from 60Hz. Anyone manage found a way around that?

Is there any way besides maxing the contrast setting to improve the contrast ratio/back point? Maxing the contrast setting didn't make a measurable improvement on my ZR24W.

Back