HP ZR24w

Of course you can't power it with that pathetic system. Just look at the power supply for the one actually powering real-world technology (TM) - its a 24/7 nuclear fusion reactor with a mass of 1.9891 ×10^30 KG!!!

I've got 3 U2410s (got tired of waiting for the ZR24w) and I couldn't be happier. I love 'em. Windows 7 is also color aware.
So there's no issue with badly displayed colours? I was thinking about going with a wide gamut screen, but I read that Windows 7 wasn't the first incarnation of Windows where everything was colour managed. Thoughts?

Only color aware apps (Photoshop etc) are color managed in Win7. The most apps and the desktop are NOT color managed in Win7. Unfortunately.

I've got 3 U2410s (got tired of waiting for the ZR24w) and I couldn't be happier. I love 'em. Windows 7 is also color aware.

Glad to hear it's not all gloom and doom for the U2410s. I might have to revisit them.

As for Windows 7 being color aware, well... it's not really. Color-managed apps still run just as well as they have since XP (I've only run color-managed apps since XP, could've even been fine before that), while non-managed apps are still as color blind as ever.

What does that mean though, in practical experience?

Using say, Lightroom on Win 7 will auto detect the color gamut of your monitor and adjust accordingly? If the desktop is NOT color aware, what would it look like? Hyper saturated?

More importantly, how does a wide gamut monitor affect gaming for those of us that are picky about PQ? Is the problem these cause in accuracy or saturation or both?

Only color aware apps (Photoshop etc) are color managed in Win7. The most apps and the desktop are NOT color managed in Win7. Unfortunately.
That's what I thought. Oh well. Maybe next version will be fully colour managed.

What does that mean though, in practical experience?

Using say, Lightroom on Win 7 will auto detect the color gamut of your monitor and adjust accordingly? If the desktop is NOT color aware, what would it look like? Hyper saturated?

More importantly, how does a wide gamut monitor affect gaming for those of us that are picky about PQ? Is the problem these cause in accuracy or saturation or both?

Lightroom uses your monitor's color profile, which is located in Win7's color profiles folder. Desktop looks oversaturated, games and videos too. There are workarounds, but the results are far from color correct (for example using "saturation -15" for desktop or media player).

The deviations from the correct colors are in both accuracy and saturation, but the values vary from monitor to monitor. Question: do you really think you'll notice a deviation of 5 dE in the reds, playing GTA IV, for example? ;)

You US people are just spoiled with extremely low hardware prices compared to most places in EU :p

Yikes. That's $521 USD. Hopefully pricing will be better state side.

Should be. It's never a straight currency conversion when pricing is set. Typically it's more often a 1-to-1 in terms of numbers, not value. So don't be surprised if the U.S. price is closer to $385 than $521. I'd guess $400-$425, but that's just a semi-educated guess. They could totally go $521 and make me look like an idiot :D

Insight has 100 listed in stock at $425.99US...

https://www.insight.com/search/ppp....mc=GoogleBase-_-Monitors-_-VM633A8#ABA-_-null

There reseller ratings stink but maybe this means they are comming our way:)

Not sure how Insight is over in the US, but the Municipality I work for essentially orders 80% of our computer stuff from Insight Canada... Dont see why they would have a poor reseller rating, we never have a problem with them, and we deal with high volumes.

I am actually going to see if I can get our discount on one of these monitors from Insight for myself. They are listed as "Order as Needed" on the Canadian site.

Not sure how Insight is over in the US, but the Municipality I work for essentially orders 80% of our computer stuff from Insight Canada... Dont see why they would have a poor reseller rating, we never have a problem with them, and we deal with high volumes.

I am actually going to see if I can get our discount on one of these monitors from Insight for myself. They are listed as "Order as Needed" on the Canadian site.

SBUY HP PROMO ZR24W LCD MONITOR U.S $425.99
Estimated Shipping: $20.25
via SLS Ground
Estimated Total: $446.24

:rolleyes:

not sure where they're pulling this shipping price from, or what SLS means...

When I search zr24w on insight and shopbot.ca, it returns the following results.

HP PROMO ZR24W-LCD MONITOR - VM633A8#ABA
HP ZR24W-LCD MONITOR - VM633A4#ABA

The promo is about 100 dollars (CDN) less than the non promo one. What is the difference? A deal for early adopters or something?

I also note that Insight is listing the ZR22W as "in stock" @ USD $289.99. (apologies for the thread creep ...)

This monitor is really tempting me, well at least once it gets released :D Anyone know if Bing cashback would apply to this monitor (when it goes up to ~20%), or do those promos only cover computers?

This HP monitor should color calibrate well for Photo editing users who use a wide gamnt monitor just like the HP 2475w. The Dell U2410 was a good deal until the green/pink tint issues stopped me from buying one and that Dell said it meets their specifications.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Very tempting to buy 3. I suppose it would be smarter to wait until reviews are out though. I still need a 2GB video card or two anyhow.

Cost central has free ground shipping if you go over $600.

won't let me add it..... says server is too busy, but only for the zr24w

Oh my god...it has an Add to cart. :eek:

Do. Not. Be. Fooled! This is HP, man. "Add to cart" doesn't necessarily mean in stock :D

Then again, it is very promising, and at an amazing price too. We'll see how amazing a value it actually is once reviews come out.

Do. Not. Be. Fooled! This is HP, man. "Add to cart" doesn't necessarily mean in stock :D

Then again, it is very promising, and at an amazing price too. We'll see how amazing a value it actually is once reviews come out.

I'm just waiting for some terrible surprise to come out regarding this monitor. Like, the first reviewer gets it and determined it has a scaler that adds 50ms of input lag and can't be turned off.

Or, it has horrendous tint or back light bleed issues that make the U2410 and NEC look flawless.

But than again, I'm playing the skeptic as I've been waiting for the perfect bang for buck 24" for quite awhile now.

won't let me add it..... says server is too busy, but only for the zr24w

It said that too, but it did add it to the cart, look on the left of the page after you reload.

Tax and shipping is putting this at about 500 bucks for me, which is kind of making me cringe without a single review. Might sit the first round out, despite wanting/needing a new monitor really, really bad.

Estimated ship date is 3/26 though, arg. Oh how I wish that to be true.

Bad news for some maybe... I just got off the phone with HP business and they said the ZR24W will not be covered under the Zero Bright Dots Guarantee. I will admit he did not seem to even know of the policy and said his boss was adiment about it but I never did get to talk to him. Just FYI

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00288895&dlc=en

Unless they change this or someone gets a better answer this may kill it for me:(

It said that too, but it did add it to the cart, look on the left of the page after you reload.

Tax and shipping is putting this at about 500 bucks for me, which is kind of making me cringe without a single review. Might sit the first round out, despite wanting/needing a new monitor really, really bad.

Estimated ship date is 3/26 though, arg. Oh how I wish that to be true.

On the first page it tells you to call 800-888-0137 for free shipping...

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/e...nitors/business_monitors&ref=dynamitedata.com

Hah, I didn't even see that. Ah well. It's still 470 for a complete shot in the dark untested monitor.

This monitor is really tempting me, well at least once it gets released :D Anyone know if Bing cashback would apply to this monitor (when it goes up to ~20%), or do those promos only cover computers?

Hah! Like that will ever happen again.

Ok people. Put it in your cart and then go to checkout on the left and take a look at the revised description. WTF? :confused:

HP Promo ZR24w 24-inch Widescreen LCD Monitor VM633A8#ABA
HP Promo ZR24w 24-inch Widescreen LCD Monitor
1 DisplayPort connector, 1 DVI-D connector, 1 VGA connector, HDCP support on DisplayPort and DVI.
800:1 Contrast ratio
400 nits
Tilt: –5° to +30°
10,0 cm (3.94 in)
Yes
178/178 degrees
less than 95 Watts
1680 x 1050
8 ms response time

Ok people. Put it in your cart and then go to checkout on the left and take a look at the revised description. WTF? :confused:

HP Promo ZR24w 24-inch Widescreen LCD Monitor VM633A8#ABA
HP Promo ZR24w 24-inch Widescreen LCD Monitor
1 DisplayPort connector, 1 DVI-D connector, 1 VGA connector, HDCP support on DisplayPort and DVI.
800:1 Contrast ratio
400 nits
Tilt: –5° to +30°
10,0 cm (3.94 in)
Yes
178/178 degrees
less than 95 Watts
1680 x 1050
8 ms response time

yeah i just saw this

probably just an error on their part

i think i'm going to wait for it to show up at a different retailer that has more reasonable shipping and no tax, $425 + 25 shipping + 25 tax is pushing it for me

yeah i just saw this

probably just an error on their part

i think i'm going to wait for it to show up at a different retailer that has more reasonable shipping and no tax, $425 + 25 shipping + 25 tax is pushing it for me

HP has it available at $425 with free shipping if you call 800-888-0137

But it's still cheaper at Cost Central right now at a total of 409.21 after shipping.

Think I'm going to pull the trigger.

Back