HP ZR24w

The ZR Displays launch is scheduled for March 24th and will be live on the web then; ship release is scheduled for April 5th.

You are assuming that the info is accurate, considering he didn't list any type of source I'm not going to trust it just yet before it's confirmed. Now if that is info that can be trusted then please provide sources so we all can be sure on what's going on.

What does a Premier account cost to enroll in?

Usually not very much. The problem you will find is that the discounts are based upon the sales volume your company would bring in. My company is a multi-billion dollar company so they probably do hundreds of millions of dollars of business with Dell which explains the insanely huge discount. Smaller businesses would likely only see much more modest discounts.

The ZR Displays launch is scheduled for March 24th and will be live on the web then; ship release is scheduled for April 5th.

Productwiki says the release date is April 2010, but I cant find any specifics anywhere. Could you give us a source? I am really looking forward to buying one of these. The wide gamut is turning me off of the U2410 even though I have an ATI card.

Productwiki says the release date is April 2010, but I cant find any specifics anywhere. Could you give us a source? I am really looking forward to buying one of these. The wide gamut is turning me off of the U2410 even though I have an ATI card.

can someone inform me what is bad about wide gamut? is it bad for gaming or something? ive been trying to do some research about this, but i cant find anything about why its bad....

can someone inform me what is bad about wide gamut? is it bad for gaming or something? ive been trying to do some research about this, but i cant find anything about why its bad....

There are tons of links on this topic and in fact, a simple google search on "wide gamut" turns up quite a few explanations on why wide gamut can be bad on the very first page.

The gist of it is that most of the applications out there assume you're viewing them in an sRGB color space and as a result your images will look oversaturated since a wide gamut monitor is capable of displaying a lot more colors then an sRGB one.

A wide gamut monitor isn't capable of displaying more colours - it displays the exact same number of colours as an sRGB monitor - 2^24. That's precisely why it's bad.

I can't quote my source, but let's just call it insider information =)

Care to make a little wager on that btb? I only signed up here yesterday to let you folks know after seeing this thread. Thanks for the encouragement though, I'll be sure to remember that next time I have some useful information to share.

Not everyone is like that some are far more emotional then others just let it be. We appreciate your info, but like most we just want to see a bit of insider info proof as the March 24th is a bit of time to wait to say the lease.

Care to make a little wager on that btb? I only signed up here yesterday to let you folks know after seeing this thread. Thanks for the encouragement though, I'll be sure to remember that next time I have some useful information to share.

Forget that guy. The real question is, is this monitor going to suck or not....

Why don't they up the refresh rate to 75 on these things? The response time is good enough...

Why don't they up the refresh rate to 75 on these things? The response time is good enough...
Single-link DVI can't handle 1920x1200 at 75Hz. And most monitors still don't make use of dual-link...

displayport? :)
According to the data sheet (see #1), the ZR24w supports 60Hz only (regardless of resolution).
For monitors which are capable of 75Hz in lower than native resolutions it would be interesting if DP makes any difference... But I doubt it.

That sucks. 3-4 more months of waiting. Looks like the Dell U2410 then....

Maybe HP is now kicking LG in the butt for the tint issue -- and they have to wait until they produce better panels... -> delay. I wish! :)

According to the data sheet (see #1), the ZR24w supports 60Hz only (regardless of resolution).
For monitors which are capable of 75Hz in lower than native resolutions it would be interesting if DP makes any difference... But I doubt it.

higher refresh rates are possible with displayport than with dvi on other newer ips panels, like the new nec ea23wmi, although they're not "officially" supported, so we'll see :)

You are assuming that the info is accurate, considering he didn't list any type of source I'm not going to trust it just yet before it's confirmed.

Because it's so incredulous? Agreed. I mean, this guy comes out of nowhere, posts a release date that is a good THREE WEEKS off the suggested time line by the company (late Feb or early Mar), when everyone knows release dates are HARD targets, never to be missed or delayed. Who does this guy think he is with his crazy talk? :rolleyes:

And where's my pitchfork btw?

I noticed Newegg has deactivated the LP2475w, hope this is a good sign ;)
It's still listed on the US HP site though :/

Are these monitors suppose to be better then the Dell U2410? Anyone know yet?

And the release date for them is early April right?

If it's early April i guess i will hold off on my purchase of the Dell and see what the deal is with these.

Jasheon, I kinda have the same question. Is there any reason to believe that this panel will be better in any way than the U2410? My hope is that it is less "grainy" as described. I've always preferred a little less anti-glare and a little more glossy.

NM, someone already posted the pdf. I'm considering the 24 for a triple monitor eyefinity setup. Would be nice to get these for around $330 a pop.

Last edited:
Back