HP TouchSmart tm2t or other tablet?

I don't think you can stick a Radeon HD5450 and i-series cpu into and all the required battery and cooling those require into a 2lb slate. There's a trade-off and you will not get the power of a tm2 tablet laptop into a 2lb slate.

This is the underlying issue, how much can you pack into a 2 lbs. device? Sure you can dump the keyboard, trackpad, etc. but then why would you put in something like a 5450 or i Series CPU?

Personally I'd want a keyboard and trackpad with a device this powerful so that gaming isn't limited to the touch screen.

Pure slates are fine I just don't think that the weight benefit is normally that large for most people. Yes slates are lighter and less bulky but still much bigger than a phone that won't fit in a pocket. Most of the time my tm2 is slate mode it's in a zero exertion position so the weight and thickness are irrelevant.

And no EMR pen yet! Should see something in the next year along these lines but boy a $500 pure slate that has good performance with a pen and runs OneNote, that would fly off the shelf.

...or one designed with a detachable keyboard like some of them are starting to.

Why are insistent that having an irremovable keyboard is ideal over something that's focused on being a slate?

HP had a design like this when TPCs came out in 2002 and I don't think HP ever made another detachable convertible tablet again. Not really sure why, it seemed to be a fairly well regarded device, people still have these devices today and they are still working for some folks.

I do like the design on paper.

Looks like HP is getting ready to release the refresh by getting rid of stock. Tm2t upgrades when customizing at hp.com are either free or discounted.

Back