HP Touchpad 16GB $99, 32GB $149, Active for .edu

I, too, am hopping on the "ordered from HPSMB, got cancelled, got confirmation email" train. It's made me hopeful it'll go through, but realistically, I know it probably won't.

In other news, just got this from the CDW order I put in after availability had switched from "In Stock" to "Call":

CDW said:
About Your HP TouchPad Order

Thank you for placing an order with CDW. The sudden and dramatic price drop on HP TouchPads created a surge in demand over the last few days.

As a valued customer, we apologize for the delay in sending an update on your order. We have been working diligently with HP in an attempt to secure additional units for customers. A small number of units became available but were immediately allocated as they were received. At present, the level of additional inventory that may be made available to us is unclear. Rather than keep you waiting any longer, we are cancelling all pending orders. Please know that neither your credit card nor your account has been charged.

Again, we apologize and are very sorry we've not been able to accommodate all the requests that we have received. In the unlikely event that a significant amount of additional inventory does become available, we will be back in touch with as many of you as possible.

Thank you again for your patience.

Just checked mine, ship date 30-Aug-2011 , delivery date 02-Sep-2011

Mine shows 1 FB454UT#ABA HP TouchPad US 16G wifi Smart Buy 3 3 02-Sep-2011 Admin 26-Aug-2011

But I ordered on the rogue link. Was that Monday or Tuesday?

Mine shows:
Estimated Ship Date: 08/28/2011
Estimated Delivery Date: 08/28/2011

I ordered 2-day FedEx. I guess the warehouse is somewhere in the DFW area. Conservative yay.

I checked mine and it said:
Order Date: 23-Aug-2011

However I ordered via the SMB site on Sunday the 21st and selected Fed Ex Priority Overnight, still have it listed as "date will follow" for delivery date.

Did get my order from eCost today though, I almost jumped over our front desk and hugged the mail lady.

hp should have sold them for $150 and $200 respectively, and made $25mil more.

update on mine. Ordered 3 on rogue link on tuesday morningish. No comfirmation.

Generic email last night they were cancelled.

Confirmation this morning it went through on todays date.

Like everyone else. Expect nothing.

But then now my ship/received date went from aug 28/ aug 28, to showing a received date of sept 02 now.

Using this link.
https://h20497.www2.hp.com/os/public

Is there something you have to do to get Hulu to work on these. I get the platform not supported message when trying to watch a vid. I think someone said you could get Hulu working on these.

Edit: nvm, just read Hulu recently started blocking it.

Just checked mine, ship date 30-Aug-2011 , delivery date 02-Sep-2011

I got the same on for mine using the rogue link, ordered on Tuesday. Still not counting on anything and will probably still try and buy another one if they become avavilable again somewhere.

I got the same on for mine using the rogue link, ordered on Tuesday. Still not counting on anything and will probably still try and buy another one if they become available again somewhere.

That's not right. I feel like calling them now. You ordered after me using the same link.

Guys, I just found out by using uffdabock's advice and calling BestBuy, that they generally receive shipments of the TP and shipments in general on Friday at noon. Ill be going to my local Btomorrow and hopefully they have some.

I was excited when I came home after class to see a package at my doorstep. I then realized it was the paper filler I had ordered to get the $30 off coupon, the shipping label stated it was shipped SUNDAY 21st at 11AM from TN, the tracking number was waaay off

I just hope my TP gets here safe tomorrow.

BTW thanks for making my first hot deals thread a success LOL.

Overpriced HP Touchpad have hit Craigslist locally. It is now a waiting game for the hype to die until I can pick on up at a reasonable price.

Grrr my local BestBuy, just down the street, had a shipment come in today. Got there too late though. They had 20 of each is what the employee said. Might just have to stalk the store each morning now.

Thought I would give you guys a report. I got 2 via eCost delivered yesterday. Sold one to a member @GH. Keeping the other for myself.

Wow, I've been really impressed by this thing. I've had multiple Palm products in the past (Personal, Prism, and Tungsten T3) and iPhones, etc. For the record, I've never had anything Android.

IMHO WebOS is a real gem; it's highly intuitive and very responsive. Using the cards/stacks method of window/app management is fun and easy. Way better than iOS. WebOS handles the swiping, stacking, etc. very naturally. I haven't had the slightest hiccup with that. However, there are some tweaks that everyone with one of these should do. Look here(link).

The graphics and icons are very linuxy: smooth gradients and not a ton of cutesie, cartoon, candy-coated type feel (hello, Apple). Feels more grown-up than others.

The built-in apps are pretty good. The Facebook app (if you still/ever used Facebook) is really great. The other built-in apps like mail, calendar, etc. are pretty standard. The browser is fast and has enough functionality to not leave you wanting but not so much that it gets bogged down.

The single most useful accessory for this thing has to be the Touchstone dock. Maybe I’m the last one in the world to discover inductive charging, but after experiencing it I've gotta ask, "why doesn't every device have this?" And when you drop the Touchpad in the dock, it automagically goes into Exibition mode, displaying pictures, clocks, news, weather, etc. Will be awesome on my desk in the office or next to the bed. Oh, and did I mention that HP's folio case still works with the Touchstone dock? Yep, charges right through it.

The hardware seems somewhat generic. Yes, the screen is really nice; I watched some trailers, looked at some photos, and read some blogs and all of that is great on the screen. The camera's usable but only just barely. The casing feels kindof cheap to me and is a horrible fingerprint magnet. Black deep gloss plastic is sooooo "two-thousand and late". Matte, softtouch, or even a fake carbon texture would all be better. Everything else about the hardware is OK. The CPU isn't lightning-quick but you can overclock it with a custom kernel if you like. The speakers sound much better than my iPhone 4, my wife's iPad, or my Acer 1810T laptop. This will be our new in-bed-movie-watching device just because of the sound.

Let me address the lack of apps...it's not that bad. Yes, there's not a Logos (Bible study software) for it like there is for iOS and Android, but you know what? It doesn't matter. I just use the web app and it actually works on WebOS because it's Flash enabled. Can't do THAT on iOS. So Google Plus, Amazon VOD, Pandora, etc. work great in the browser just like on your laptop. I couldn't get Netflix to work, but I'm cancelling my subscription in a few days anyway. :-p

So, there's my take. Feel free to ask questions if you like.

Just Spoke to a Carlos at HP Small business after trying to call all week, since getting this - "We are unable to process your order, please contact a representative at 1-800-888-9909." when checking order status.

He said everything looks fine, since I ordered before the Monday cuttoff, I am good to go, its just gonna take time to fill all the orders. He said I should eventually get the email confirmation.

Who the fuck knows what to believe, am I getting one or not damn it, just like to be done with this and move on already!

Scored one at a local best buy today. I have the voucher in-hand, and the truck will arrive shortly!

Also have another coming from Lawson.....

I dont think my area Bestbuys had any or will get any. 4 on cl in the state. IA sucks. I hope HP has more so i can order online all my other orders have been canceled.

people are reporting on SlickDeals that B&N is emailing out $20 eGift Cards to some of the people whos orders were cancelled. havent gotten mine yet, but hopefully some of you can open your emails to an easy $20! :)

Scored one at a local best buy today. I have the voucher in-hand, and the truck will arrive shortly!

Also have another coming from Lawson.....

Can you please explain the voucher? Do you get one online or in the store. I'd like to get one in store so that the mad frenzy of people swarming around the TP arrival don't beat me to it.

Yay? I don't see it on my doorstep....

aHnfY.jpg

I dont think my area Bestbuys had any or will get any. 4 on cl in the state. IA sucks. I hope HP has more so i can order online all my other orders have been canceled.

Yeah and those twats on CL want a bunch of cash. I see Mason City has them 'in stock' according to the website. I'm not driving up there though.

hey now, you leave iowa alone.

No, no... It sucks.

Back