HP Touchpad 16GB $99, 32GB $149, Active for .edu

izoz8p.jpg

*smashed my hand thru 19" CRT monitor trying to steal that HP TP*

FFFffffuuuuu!

OMG 2 U HOADER ASSHOLES BALL SHIT FUCK :p

I kid I kid, congrats.. did you update them?

Not yet, will probably update 1 and keep the other at stock and wait to see what TouchDroid does with it. Hopefully I can get Android running on this SOB and get some real apps on it. Right now the WebOS app market is rather lacking, but it's awesome for casual browsing and reading. Fun little device, pretty snappy although some noticeable lag with youtube.

Woohoo! It's finally shipping!

onSale Inc. trading on Amazon.com as onSale shipped the following item(s) in your order , placed on August 21, 2011.

Delivery Estimate: August 25, 2011 - August 30, 2011

Squeezed in 2 orders during Friday nights HP Academic site when this thread was posted.

still cant figure out how you ordered after me and my order gets cancelled due to insufficient supply and you get 2 of them. makes no damn sense to me

Update:

So I got an email earlier from HPSMB saying they cancelled my order. No big deal.

Well just now I get an email with confirmation saying my order has been charged and will ship this week?:confused::confused:

11%252520-%2525201.jpg

I called best buys all weekend until one finally received a shipment... got there in 10 minutes...

They let us purchase 1 each of the 16Gb and 32Gb. My wife got the 16Gb one

My order was cancelled from Amazon. Like all others I ordered mine on Saturday and received my cancellation today.

Why waste valuable money paying ebay and paypal fees to sell on there. The guys here at [H] would probably grab all of them up in a few minutes. Plus you won't have to pay ebay their 10%.

Simple any ebay idiot will pay at least twice what he paid, do you seriously think he's going to sale them here at the price he paid for them?!! pffff keep dreaming and pass me some of your drugs NOW! ;):rolleyes:

Just got my Newegg e-mails.. I'm set.. Just have to pay for the shipping.. So $112 and $162 were the final prices.

Just got my Newegg e-mails.. I'm set.. Just have to pay for the shipping.. So $112 and $162 were the final prices.

My state has to pay tax and it seems as though they won't be refunding the initial tax charge.

Kind of sucks since it pushes each 16gb tab to $140, but I simply cannot complain at this point.

Is there some sort of tax law or something here?

Is refunding tax not allowed? Or are these considered rebates..?

still cant figure out how you ordered after me and my order gets cancelled due to insufficient supply and you get 2 of them. makes no damn sense to me

My order date was.

Online Order 08/19/2011, 08:06:31 PDT

They have been sitting here all day boxed up. Now with the go a head it's time to start fixing them. Preware, UberKernel and Govnah. Plus shutting down the background logging crap..

HPTP.jpg

They have been sitting here all day boxed up. Now with the go a head it's time to start fixing them. Preware, UberKernel and Govnah. Plus shutting down the background logging crap..

HPTP.jpg

How do you turn the back logging off? I tried to go to the dial pad but I only have the options of Skype and Bluetooth.

Any advice?

/thread

Tired of seeing pics of multiple Touchpads when all I wanted was one and every order I placed (for 1 Touchpad) was canceled :rolleyes:.

/thread

Tired of seeing pics of multiple Touchpads when all I wanted was one and every order I placed (for 1 Touchpad) was canceled :rolleyes:.

+1

My son wanted one.. He's been saving his money. I get the same thing. CANCELED!!! no HP Touchpad for you!

keep on eye on hp.com they're suppose to get another load of them any day now ;)
Doubtful. Why would they cancel our orders if they are getting more. The order I placed through hpsb on Monday morning 12.03am cst was cancelled today. If more were coming, I believe we would be put on a waiting list, not cancelled.

Doubtful. Why would they cancel our orders if they are getting more. The order I placed through hpsb on Monday morning 12.03am cst was cancelled today. If more were coming, I believe we would be put on a waiting list, not cancelled.

Apparently SMB is a different company then hp home and office. SMB is out of stock and won't get anymore in while home and office will. Sounds kinda dumb to have 2 separate companies to sell the same products. But hey what do I know.

for those getting stuff from HP, where are they shipping it from... I live in Houston and HP is in Houston.....(not sure where the warehouse is though)...

Create a Skype account and log into it.

Wont work. I found a work around though.

Go to Device Info Application

Click Device Info (upper left)

Click Custom Application

Type, "##LOGS#

Creating a Skype account and using the dialer in there worked just fine for me.
Though it's good to know there is a way of doing it without having to make a Skype account. :)

Doesn't matter.

This little experiment has exposed the true demand and soft spot of the tablet market and changed it profoundly forever. All of us who were mislead and left out in the cold on this deal will reap the true benefit of the fallout from this debacle.

I think it is very interesting that Steve Jobs picked NOW to resign.

The jig is up mutherf*ckers...

...really? :rolleyes:

Tablet margins are about to take a giant dump in the toilet for the rest of tablet history.
Why not go out looking like a genius? I know he had some health concerns but that was awful sudden.

You can roll your eyes at me all you want to. This deal has exposed the market.

iOS, Android, BB, blah blah blah blah. WHo gives a fuck. Price it right and it will sell like hotcakes. The mystique is gone.
Oh...and wait until the urban myths propogate about just how superior WebOS really was.

You really think his resignation has to do with an HP product clearance and not the acceleration of his cancer and lack of response to treatment? Seriously?

Petty piece of shit. Comments like yours suck every drop of fun out of the internet.

He's got billions.
He'll just elbow his way to the front of the transplant line again, all will be fine and you can continue to bask in the glow.

My 32 shipped out yesterday and will be here tomorrow from HPA, so I'll be gifting the 16 to my parents. However, the photo paper that I ordered shipped on Monday and has just been sitting in Atlanta since yesterday, because it isn't scheduled for delivery until Saturday...I hate when these delivery companies think it's a bad thing to deliver a package early. Of course, it is just paper.

Back