HP Touchpad 16GB $99, 32GB $149, Active for .edu

I don't understand.

Newegg hasn't dropped price and is refusing to price match right now.

If that changes within the next 5 business days I get to keep my 4 TP's, otherwise I just refuse the shipment, ups picks it up, and I get a refund.

Newegg hasn't dropped price and is refusing to price match right now.

If that changes within the next 5 business days I get to keep my 4 TP's, otherwise I just refuse the shipment, ups picks it up, and I get a refund.

I thought newegg said they wouldn't be offering any price protection? Granted I haven't read the last few pages, but back when the newegg discussion first came up they were saying if you purchased at the current price you wouldn't be refunded for the difference once the price dropped... which didn't sound right to me, but still...

I thought newegg said they wouldn't be offering any price protection? Granted I haven't read the last few pages, but back when the newegg discussion first came up they were saying if you purchased at the current price you wouldn't be refunded for the difference once the price dropped... which didn't sound right to me, but still...

Amazon also said they wouldn't price match or reduce price

and then they did

Bestbuy said they were sending them all back and they wouldn't sell any

and then they did

not saying it will happen by any means, but it is at least worth a shot.. newegg gave me the OK to do it as well stating I can just refuse the package if the price doesn't go down.

I lost 3 from the same BN news, I just a cancellation email and I bought about 1am est Sunday night.

I did however order 2 from OpenShop so those are still up in there.

If I don't get these two I will be really let down.. I'm excited to play with WebOS, and of course Android seems to be coming along.

http://www.touch-droid.com/

Seems like someone got andriod working on this tablet already??

We also see the Quic logo, which stands for Qualcomm Innovation Center.

http://www.fatdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1814

Should of grabbed it while I could.. :( Went to the HP with the academic program site and still sold out... nooo! xD

and then they did

and then they did

not saying it will happen by any means, but it is at least worth a shot.. newegg gave me the OK to do it as well stating I can just refuse the package if the price doesn't go down.

So if you get them are you going to sell them for a high profit?

So if you get them are you going to sell them for a high profit?

No, I ordered 20 total.. I "need" 4 for my grandparents/parents (they live 900 miles apart, built in skype), girlfriend (school books) and sister (school books)

anything extra will be sold to H'ers for what I paid (I said this earlier).. but it seems like I am probably getting 0 if newegg doesn't pan out :(

I ordered from eCost.com on Sunday morning, still waiting on a final confirmation, but when I log in and check order status, it says "backordered"

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's really only HP that is going to get more of these things right?

No, I ordered 20 total.. I "need" 4 for my grandparents/parents (they live 900 miles apart, built in skype), girlfriend (school books) and sister (school books)

anything extra will be sold to H'ers for what I paid (I said this earlier).. but it seems like I am probably getting 0 if newegg doesn't pan out :(

Ah. I probably just missed it. Haven't been able to follow page by page.

That would be appreciated. Would probably like to pick one up if I can't elsewhere. Please keep us posted. Thanks.

Slickdeal forum posters are the worst people ever. They ruin everything for everyone by having to order 5 or more just to resell.

So... touchpads have no future... right!?!

HP has back tracked already stating they got out of the tablet business. But has no intentions on cutting ties with webos. Also, with developers getting their hands dirty, the future is bright, only up from here on out! Btw I know u were just being sarcastic. Just stating my own thoughts. :)

Try calling 1800-INSIGHT tomorrow morning at 8am. They are showing stock, but their online order system is giving off an error.

https://www.insight.com/search/ppp....c=GoogleBase-_-Handhelds-_-FB356UA#ABA-_-null

https://www.insight.com/search/ppp....c=GoogleBase-_-Handhelds-_-FB401UA#ABA-_-null

@traderj HP shut down their SMB logins because they are out of stock and the way you and I ordered was really nothing more than a glitch in the system. It actually logged me for 3 separate orders somehow, and I only need 1, so now I have to call them if they don't cancel. I also have an order pushed through at some small business which I'm not sure will go through.

Sigh, I just want one, but after BN cancelled I'm not sure if thats going to happen.

Insight has absolutely horrid reseller ratings. They also have been apparently popping in and out of "stock" all day.

I've been assigned a tracking number on my HP order, things are looking good...But I hate the waiting, I want to play with my new toy now!

I just got a status update from Ecost :)

Order Date: August 21, 2011
Order Number# *********
Level 0001
Ship Method: UPS Ground
Ship Date: August 22, 2011
Tracking #'(s): **********************
5Mins ago the status was still pending, right now at night... it's Shipped. Not exactly sure why it says shipped now as I'm sure they are closed.

@traderj HP shut down their SMB logins because they are out of stock and the way you and I ordered was really nothing more than a glitch in the system. It actually logged me for 3 separate orders somehow, and I only need 1, so now I have to call them if they don't cancel. I also have an order pushed through at some small business which I'm not sure will go through.

Sigh, I just want one, but after BN cancelled I'm not sure if thats going to happen.

Yeah I'm figuring as much. I was able to go back and check my order on HP before they pulled the smb link. All I really want to know is if it will be canceled or if I'll be put on backorder for finding a backdoor :D

I too just really want one for personal use. Even if I have to wait a week or so for backorders. Not being greedy. Buying 2. One for me, one for a friend.

Newegg is gonna take a hit on all those returns they get next week or refused deliveries... I don't know why they wouldn't price match

I wanted to buy one for me and one for my mom but ya, everywhere I placed an order got canceled :(

Try calling 1800-INSIGHT tomorrow morning at 8am. They are showing stock, but their online order system is giving off an error.

https://www.insight.com/search/ppp....c=GoogleBase-_-Handhelds-_-FB356UA#ABA-_-null

https://www.insight.com/search/ppp....c=GoogleBase-_-Handhelds-_-FB401UA#ABA-_-null

It's getting hammered... hard. I made an account, and now I can't get any pages from them to show up. It's almost comical, any site shows them in stock, then... BAM!!! Man down!!!

I haven't used this since the Transformer release, but this should make things easier :)

http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/tablets/hp/

You're a dog - err, God among men. ;)

No really, thanks a bunch, much appreciated.

Newegg is gonna take a hit on all those returns they get next week or refused deliveries... I don't know why they wouldn't price match

Practically speaking, I think they have no choice but to lower the price at some point. They've bought the units, and as of now I don't think HP is taking them back from their 3rd party resellers, so keeping the high prices will be the absolute greatest loss for them. *crosses fingers*

Last edited:
stupid question - but I thought I remember reading that HP would refund any price OVER their new price for anyone who bought the Touchpad....

That would mean that you can buy from the egg and HP will give you your money back?

I bought 7 on HPs SB site - crossing my fingers that I get them.

stupid question - but I thought I remember reading that HP would refund any price OVER their new price for anyone who bought the Touchpad....

That would mean that you can buy from the egg and HP will give you your money back?

I bought 7 on HPs SB site - crossing my fingers that I get them.

I keep forgetting about this, you're right. I guess poster ^^^ could just accept his four 'Pads then get refunded by HP huh? I mean what would the difference be, if anything? A few more hoops to jump through I guess, but nothing else.

I keep forgetting about this, you're right. I guess poster ^^^ could just accept his four 'Pads then get refunded by HP huh? I mean what would the difference be, if anything? A few more hoops to jump through I guess, but nothing else.

I understood there were some catches to that. The big "Gotcha" being that they would only price match TouchPad's purchased FROM HP.

LOL. I think my post killed insight. It was working just fine for me before i posted.

My first DDOS attack.

It was where I checked the order status, I got an order # but never an email. Maybe their having site problems? Wonder WTF is up?

They are having big time problems with their site. I am in the same situation you are. Have a order number and had been checking the status on the site. Even so I called and talked to a customer service rep earlier today:

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1037661570&postcount=790

Ok I just got through to a customer service rep at HP and he said "everything looks good for the order to go through." He said that they were trying to confirm and process "thousands" of orders and that it could be up to another 72 hours (from now) before I might see a confirmation email. He was very upbeat but I still don't have alot of confidence.

Since then, Llama posted something that gave me more confidence...can't recall what it was or what page it is on though... this thread is nuts:)

Oh yeah, this is what it was I think. We both received the following email from the HP SMB site:

Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad. We have received an unprecedented amount of orders as a result of the tremendous discount offered. Therefore, order confirmation emails are still being processed. Be assured that your order has been captured. You should receive an automated order confirmation in the next 24-72 hours.

Additionally, some of our customers may have experienced a pricing error while purchasing on August 20th and 21st. We are in the process of ensuring every order is honored at the discounted price.

If you have any questions, please contact an HP representative at 866.625.0242 and choose option 3. Please note that we are expecting significant call volumes with extended wait times over the next 48 hours, so we ask for your patience. We are committed to our relationship with you and to delivering the best technology solutions for you and your business.

Sincerely,

Your HP Business Promotions Team

OnSale

This review is from: FB454UT Smartbuy TouchPad QUALCOMM Snapdragon APQ8060 1.2 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless 9.7" IPS TFT 1GB RAM 16GB
Just got off the phone after calling Onsale, it took me quite a few times to get through. I finally got on hold and it took about 35 minutes for a guy to answer. He told me that my order was processed after they had already ran out of Touchpads. I ordered mine a little before 6:30 pm on the East Coast on Sunday. He said they don't know what happened and that the issue had been escalated to the IT Department( a lot of good it's gonna do now! ). So they processed an order that they didn't have, the money has already been taken out of my account. All the rep could tell me was that they were trying to see if their manufactures were going to be able to fill the orders. He said that I would know one way or the other by 3:00 pm Eastern on Tuesday. Little consolation for me wasting my time and not ordering a Touchpad elsewhere as they did become available at a few other online retailers. I guess I'm screwed only with ( by the sounds of it ) a lot of other people. Don't know what else to say. Hopefully this will help a few people wondering what the hell is going on.

This review is from: FB454UT Smartbuy TouchPad QUALCOMM Snapdragon APQ8060 1.2 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless 9.7" IPS TFT 1GB RAM 16GB
Supposedly OnSale only had 10,000 Touchpads yet accepted 100,000 orders. Bottom line, 90% who ordered with them aren't getting anything. I just want my money back or something, its already charged in my account and its clear I'm most likely not getting it. Amazon couldn't cancel my order and gave me a number that doesn't even go through to OnSale.

How does one sign up? When I select the Notify Me button, all that I get is a page that says they are unavailable and to check back.

Slickdeal forum posters are the worst people ever. They ruin everything for everyone by having to order 5 or more just to resell.

There is nothing wrong with each person doing whatever is in their best interest. This behavior is the only thing that stops companies from constantly doing stupid loss leaders. Really I think the worse crime is that the companies actually try to use these fire sales in the first place. As you stated most normal people never get to take advantage of it if it is too good. I could not get in on this because it happened to fast and I cannot spend lots of time hunting down stock. So no big deal I will jump on the deals that are reasonable enough they do not sell out in 5 seconds flat.

Also there is a risk associated with it. Over the next couple weeks we could see HP permanently reduce prices to these levels. Maybe they will go to a console model. We could also see nothing happen, android could get ported but be hard to install and have bugs. This happened with other phones I had where there was no where near full functionality on them.

Just received my shipment confirm from Amazon LLC. Looks like Wednesday will be the day to start playing around with a $100 toy that I didn't need, but boy did I WANT it!

and then they did

and then they did

Well I know for a fact that amazon offers price protection on their products. I've been refunded money 3 different times for price differences within 30 days after my purchase of a product. I don't know what newegg's policy is on that, though, so you could be right in expecting them to change their tune.

Just received my shipment confirm from Amazon LLC. Looks like Wednesday will be the day to start playing around with a $100 toy that I didn't need, but boy did I WANT it!

Psh, Lucky. That's one reason I love Amazon. They never sell you things then turn around and take it away from you. Atleast in my experience. Wish I would have seen the lightning deal they had for these.

Back