HP Touchpad 16GB $99, 32GB $149, Active for .edu

Has anybody who bought from Wal-Mart at full price managed to get a refund of the difference? I just spent 30 minutes being refused repeatedly because the price isn't in anybody's 'ad' and the in-store price still hasn't dropped.

Holding onto it, unopened, for a few more days...

I bought a Touchpad 32GB from Walmart last night.

I stayed up all night looking at the online deals and reading the SD forum. It was around 3AM my time I read Walmart update their pricing and some people who paid full price were able to get price matched.

I felt a little weird driving to Walmart at 3:30 AM to ask for a price match for the tablet I bought last night, but I figured I'd sleep better once it was done. Sadly however the employee at the store could not do it because their system hadn't updated the price yet.

I got some sleep and went back to Walmart around Noon. The first employee in customer service I talked didn't think she could do it, because she was told this tablet was exempt from the 7 day price match policy (a chill ran down my spine). She talked to a second person that also said the same thing. However a third person happened to be standing there and she said it was fine.

Not sure why two of the employees thought they couldn't price match this tablet, fortunately it seems that third person was the manager, so they did it. That first employee told me she had already turned away 2 other people earlier trying to get price matches. So I guess if they say no, you might need to ask to talk to a store manager?

Yeah, I did, spoke with several 'managers' and they were all pretty shitty.

One of the employees told me Wal-Mart's in-store price will be changing Tuesday, which she supposedly heard from a manager earlier in the day. Supposedly.

Yeah, I did, spoke with several 'managers' and they were all pretty shitty.

One of the employees told me Wal-Mart's in-store price will be changing Tuesday, which she supposedly heard from a manager earlier in the day. Supposedly.

when I bought my 16gb version this morning I told the manager about the sale and she went back to her office and said there was some type of memo/email overnight that indicated the price drop. I waited a few minutes and was able to buy it for $99

Ebay seller for 120.00 + shipping

Removing link due to HORRIBLE reseller Ratings

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Datavis

The seller has over 99% positive ratings on eBay, plus you get protection from Paypal/eBay as buyer so there is little risk other than they might be very backlogged in shipping these comes next week.

I bought 2, not expecting fast shipping so let's see if I'll get them early next month.

After playing with mine for awhile I have to say it was well worth the 150 I paid. If Android does indeed get ported over it'll be an absolute steal.

when I bought my 16gb version this morning I told the manager about the sale and she went back to her office and said there was some type of memo/email overnight that indicated the price drop. I waited a few minutes and was able to buy it for $99

All that happened when I argued with a team of disgruntled people is they looked on their computer in the office and checked the web price to tell me that the website says specifically web pricing is not available in-store.

Didn't seem to matter that I told them it had been put on clearance, that HP had officially dropped the MSRP nationally, that every other vendor had dropped the price on the thing...

Does Wal-Mart have a number I can call to bypass the store and get the price adjusted?

After playing with mine for awhile I have to say it was well worth the 150 I paid. If Android does indeed get ported over it'll be an absolute steal.

+1

Has Kindle Adobe Reader, Flash, Youtube, Internet and Facebook right out of the box. For $150 its a steal. Glad i called around and found one.

I'm trying to order from the Small Business online store, and I'm getting an "out of memory" error anytime I try to go to my cart or enter checkout. I went back and forth a couple of times and got to the "my cart" section, but I can't get to "checkout". Has anyone else successfully bought the Tablet from SMB recently by doing this?

I really want one. :)

According to an HP rep via Twitter, their small business site is hosed AND wrong--they've apparently been out of stock for several hours. You can sign up online for an alert when they've got more, though (well, once that site is sorted out).

why are some people in this thread talking about market oversaturation and others are completely unable to find one anywhere?

I dont think I did too bad, I mean $100 for a future android 1.2GHz dual core 16GB tablet? :/ Some might say that is a good deal...

Law of averages. The early birds got theirs just fine at 3-5am in the morning, and then the mass buyers and Gouge Posse flippers took over...

i bought one from hp small business at 10am this morning pacific times, but i have trouble calling them to adjust the price. i hope mine was in before they were ops, i got the confirmation like 10mins after inlaced the order

I noticed that they're still for sale in the small/medium business site. Just ordered a 16GB one! $130 after shipping and tax

wait nevermind, i tried clicking the "small business tab" on the top originally, seems it doesnt really take you to much different a site. but i googled for the small/medium business site and found it, still in stock. but i'm getting the

"Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03e9'

Out of memory

/LM/W3SVC/600510919/Root/dstore/global.asa, line 0 "

error now.... i guess i'll continually try refreshing it.

Law of averages. The early birds got theirs just fine at 3-5am in the morning, and then the mass buyers and Gouge Posse flippers took over...

Pfft, the 16GB was sold out at HP.com by like 11pm. I think I got my 32GB order in at HP around 11:15pm and it took over 12 hours for my order to be verified. The dedicated flippers were on this when the HP webstore was still allowing $15 and $30 coupon codes.

The '19th' was yesterday, which is when most people got theirs from HP's website...

I dont think I did too bad, I mean $100 for a future android 1.2GHz dual core 16GB tablet? :/ Some might say that is a good deal...

Hopefully they'll have an option on the Android platform...wait, if it's a port anyway, is there any reason it shouldn't come pre-rooted?

Anyway, there's an option if you download Preware for the TouchPad to get the UberKernel for it, which can clock it up to 1.5ghz (As well as a few other patches). Also, there's a bunch of other tweaks (I'm not going to say you're rooting the device, but you get some nice tweaks, like doubling the volume, blocking ads, etc.) that make Preware worth the download.

If I could get RDP on this thing, it'd be everything I needed right now.

I noticed that they're still for sale in the small/medium business site. Just ordered a 16GB one! $130 after shipping and tax

You may be able to push for free shipping (more leverage if you receive it first). If you go to the SMB page, the HP Touchpad is advertised as including free shipping - that was the only link I could get to locate the tablet this morning since the "tablets" section and search showed nothing. I have a screenshot of the page.

If the Garland (TX) Best Buy is any indication, their higher-ups apparently have given the stores clearance to sell their TouchPads as discontinued items (i.e. no returns). That said selections will no doubt be scarce: the Garland store only had a dozen or so 32GB 'Pads as of an hour ago--and 11 as of about 30m ago, since I have apparently lost my natural mind. (And I think there were a few others snagging one behind me, so by now who knows?)

EDIT: ah, here we go. Straight from the horse's mouth.

Last edited:
got me a 32gb one today at sams club and it was the last one. man what a steal loving this thing. really hope android gets ported.

I called up a few places and it's like out of stock everywhere. Oh well. It's definitely not something I need or really care about (especially if it's just basically a large screen version of my smartphone), but for $100-150, I would have impulse bought for sure.

I wish I saw this yesterday. How good of a pdf viewer would this make? My main interest would be using this to view pdfs of table top gaming books.

AND... its sold out at Bestbuy now. I was going to pick another one up for a friend, but I guess i'm not anymore :/

finally got around to setting it up. Did the webOS 3.0.2 update and so far liking it. Screen looks great and this will be good for YouTube, email, browsing, etc. Still getting used to the interface, but after checking out the quick guide its pretty easy.

glad I got the 16gb because of the limited apps available in the market and won't use much space. 32gb is Hot, but not a steal like the 16gb version imo.

I understand why people are buying 5+ of these, but at the same time I don't.

No one will be able to flip these for more than maybe $50-100. No support on the hardware side, and from what I understand webOs will still be supported to a point.

Regardless, my buddy at work got one and said he got Android going on his. Probably from XDA.

The thing is different people have different income potential, which is why they buy for profit. I see people who go into microcenter and buy 1 of each of their cpu deals, i personally could not see how the measly 20 bucks you could make would be worth the time. But it must be worth it for the people doing it.

Got my email confirmation and ship date from HP from my order this afternoon, Estimated Delivery Date: 08/25/2011. Should be give me some time to decide if I wanna keep it, sell it, or gift it depending what happens between now and then.

My brother and I still haven't received the confirmation e-mail. However I did not get my edu e-mail activated until today morning...

Back