HP Touchpad 16GB $99, 32GB $149, Active for .edu

Heh, just placed an order through HP Small & Medium business for one 16 GB model. The checkout was impossible two hours ago. Now its just horribly slow and takes 5 minutes for each page to show. Really hoping XDA gets Android on to this very soon. I actually might not even open it til they do.

the way people camp to snag as many as they can makes me sick. greed in full effect. i can't believe hp is taking such a huge hit damn.

Heh, just placed an order through HP Small & Medium business for one 16 GB model. The checkout was impossible two hours ago. Now its just horribly slow and takes 5 minutes for each page to show. Really hoping XDA gets Android on to this very soon. I actually might not even open it til they do.

Good idea...as I clicked the view cart & checkout button I got:

Code:
Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03e9'

Out of memory

/LM/W3SVC/600510919/Root/dstore/global.asa, line 0

All online spots seems to be sold out. Went to Pc Richards this afternoon they were sold out too. But was told they have a shipment of them coming in, in about a week. So I pre-order it and will update if everything works out.

my buddy picked up 3 16gb and 3 32gb this morning from office depot. hes already having a hard time getting more than 99.99 and 139.99 for them.

I was going to join in on this shitfest until I reminded myself how utterly pointless tablets are. No Word processing, no Netflix, can you even use it as a secondary display? I don't understand how there's a market between the laptop and cell phone sizes. Do that many people need something to surf the web on while taking a shit or something?

Good idea...as I clicked the view cart & checkout button I got:

Code:
Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03e9'

Out of memory

/LM/W3SVC/600510919/Root/dstore/global.asa, line 0

I just kept trying with the refresh and back button. I went through all kinds of errors including that one and HTTP server down ones along the way. Eventually it let me through.

I got one...32gb...on the way from HP Small Business - after HOURS of trying. No reason to try and buy for profit. Look what happened to HD-DVD after all. Figure it will be a good fill in until Cyanogen gets Android on it OR Ubuntu is ported onto it. Both are a possibility. Grats on those that got what they needed, bummer to those that didn't. Good luck to those that bought extra hoping to make a buck...you'll need it.

I was going to join in on this shitfest until I reminded myself how utterly pointless tablets are. No Word processing, no Netflix, can you even use it as a secondary display? I don't understand how there's a market between the laptop and cell phone sizes. Do that many people need something to surf the web on while taking a shit or something?

Yup, did that earlier today with my new Touchpad.

I got one...32gb...on the way from HP Small Business - after HOURS of trying. No reason to try and buy for profit. Look what happened to HD-DVD after all. Figure it will be a good fill in until Cyanogen gets Android on it OR Ubuntu is ported onto it. Both are a possibility. Grats on those that got what they needed, bummer to those that didn't. Good luck to those that bought extra hoping to make a buck...you'll need it.

Even though I got one for me and my parents I hope those dicks get burned.

Has anybody who bought from Wal-Mart at full price managed to get a refund of the difference? I just spent 30 minutes being refused repeatedly because the price isn't in anybody's 'ad' and the in-store price still hasn't dropped.

Holding onto it, unopened, for a few more days...

I hit the submit button for mine, after that do you keep hitting refresh or what?

Don't wanna be hassled with tons of charges on my CC.

I've been wanting a tablet for a long time for work. The touchpad seemed like a great fit but since my boss won't pay for it, anything over ~100 is out of the question. Sucks that I wasn't able to get one of these. I was thinking about it, too, but apparently waited too long. I guess that's what I get for waiting for the fiancee's approval... lol.

Hopefully I can pick one up from some of the dicks who bought em all up so that I couldn't actually use it. For a reasonable price.

I can forsee these things going for 250$ for a 32GB easy once they hack Android on this thing.

Bought 4 of these right off of HP's website

Sweet price

grandparents and parents will now be able to video chat

sister will have something for school books

and girlfriend can stop using my GT10.1

hurray

I managed to order one last night from HP. My order went into the "Processing" stage so I hope I get it. Right as HP went OOS, I realized I really should have bought a second one so I could Skype with my kid who lives far away.

Staples is a bunch of cagey fucks, their inventory shows plenty of stock online but everyone there got shifty and said they don't have any to sell. Maybe if they weren't all sitting in the back for you guys to buy you would have plenty to sell....

Looks like Staples is handling these on a per-store basis. I went to one Staples in the morning, the Touchpad display was being torn down and the person I asked said they "weren't selling Touchpads". I went to a second Staples and the guy that walked into the store ahead of me bought the last one as the fire sale price. I called back the first Staples and the call went like this:

Me: Hello do you have any HP Touchpads in stock
Staples: Yes
Me: How much are they for the 16GB model
Staples: $499
Me: Can you scan one and see what it comes up as? It's not even $499 on the website, its $399.
Staples: If you want to buy one, its going to be $499 otherwise its going to sit in the backroom and you should stay home.
Me: ...
Saples: *click*

Anyway I also checked a couple of Wal Marts and had a 32GB model in my hand at one point. I put it back thinking I could get a 16GB model somewhere else. Bleh, bad move...

That's a major NY-based e-tailer, if memory serves. (Feedback notwithstanding. And even they're out of the 32GB model. Figures.)

People who tried to flip this I bet are pretty dissapointed with the markwt saturation. Plus some stores may not take returns since its discontinued/clearance item

Got my order confirmation from the order input in last night. Snapped up the 32Gb version for $121 using the coupon befkre HP deactivated it.

People who tried to flip this I bet are pretty dissapointed with the markwt saturation. Plus some stores may not take returns since its discontinued/clearance item

They won't be disappointed. Lots of them will be shipping them oversea anyway..

Yeah im disappointed 32gb is only making $100 profit :(

I've never had an interest in a tablet, but for the price I decided to bite.
I ordered a 32gb through HP last night and my card has been charged, so I guess that's a good sign. I went to Wal-Mart at 7:45am and there were people walking out with small stacks of them. I got in line behind a few people, got lucky and ended up with the last one the store had. I then checked store inventory for every single chain store in the surrounding area and all were sold out.
If my online order is shipped, I'll give the other one as a gift. Otherwise, I'll keep it.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I understand why people are buying 5+ of these, but at the same time I don't.

No one will be able to flip these for more than maybe $50-100. No support on the hardware side, and from what I understand webOs will still be supported to a point.

Regardless, my buddy at work got one and said he got Android going on his. Probably from XDA.

MicroCenter emailed me a cancellation note but are they known for putting back your money in bank? My bank acct showed nothing but still showing minus $133.

I wouldn't worry about it yet; considering just about everybody's webstores got raped by this; it's likely a "pending" charge, which should get poofed or poof on its own in due time.

Back