HP Touchpad 16GB $99, 32GB $149, Active for .edu

I was late to the party as well but SD is Out of control!!!

I'm sure there will be another batch released.

The TouchPad is #3 on the Amazon electronics sales list right now. A lot of people are buying them at full price expecting to be able to get them price matched later.

EDIT: Which BTW, Amazon doesn't do. So it's a big gamble.

The TouchPad is #3 on the Amazon electronics sales list right now. A lot of people are buying them at full price expecting to be able to get them price matched later.

People are putting them in their cart where it sits for up to a day or two hoping the price gets dropped.

You have to give the Slickdeals IT team props. The two threads they had total over 4 million views and 13000 posts all within the last 15 or so hours and I dont think their site has had so much as a hiccup yet.

They are all going to be disappointed, amazon doesn't pricematch except for TV's.

People are putting them in their cart where it sits for up to a day or two hoping the price gets dropped.

You have to give the Slickdeals IT team props. The two threads they had total over 4 million views and 13000 posts all within the last 15 or so hours and I dont think their site has had so much as a hiccup yet.

Got mine in my cart. Amazon hasn't budged and neither has my refresh button.

ROFL, every OD, OM, BB, HHgreg, Staples, Sam'c Club here is totally out or they sent them back.

Got mine in my cart. Amazon hasn't budged and neither has my refresh button.

I had one for $99 in the cart from target through Amazon.com. I checked on a couple things to see if really wanted to bother with this tablet for about 5-10 minutes and it was gone. Those target ones lasted about 10 minutes on Amazon last night. They did not respect the "it was in my cart" at all.

If someone actually buys, and they are out, they will start pulling out of carts from what I can tell. Maybe if it wasn't Target through Amazon the rules might be different. Idk.

Your sister just got salesmanned.

I would have gotten a case eventually so I really dont care about the bundle. Just glad I actually got one. I only had her buy this one as I dont want to find out HP cancelled my order. If I get the other one I can always just sell it.

I had one for $99 in the cart from target through Amazon.com. I checked on a couple things to see if really wanted to bother with this tablet for about 5-10 minutes and it was gone. Those target ones lasted about 10 minutes on Amazon last night. They did not respect the "it was in my cart" at all.

If someone actually buys, and they are out, they will start pulling out of carts from what I can tell. Maybe if it wasn't Target through Amazon the rules might be different. Idk.

I checked my bank account first which took all of 1 minute and it was sold out last night.

Madness!!!!

Amazon stock has magically disappeared, I smell Woot's next item...

Got mine from HP last night, $90 shipped for the 16GB version, and my card's been charged. :)

EDIT: Which BTW, Amazon doesn't do. So it's a big gamble.

They are also relying on this, which claims HP will be refunding buyers that purchased their TouchPads at full prices.

But I'm skeptical.

Wait .. these just came out. Did HP finally wake up and realize that the market doesn't want another OS?

I have 407887 hand written on all 3 of mine. I bought from sam's.

Edit: looks like 278394 is OD's inventory number?

Edit 2: It is (was) OD's inventory number for the 32gb version - http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/278394/HP-TouchPad-Tablet-32GB/

For God's sake man, I mean the way the silly letters are written. It's two boxes.

Compare the 2s, the 7s, the 8s, the 3s, the 9s, the 4s. Not the numbers, the handwriting.

It's two different boxes put in different positions and photoshopped together. The guy only bought two.

For God's sake man, I mean the way the silly letters are written. It's two boxes.

Compare the 2s, the 7s, the 8s, the 3s, the 9s, the 4s. Not the numbers, the handwriting.

It's two different boxes put in different positions and photoshopped together. The guy only bought two.

Ok fine.. you are right :p

Staples is a bunch of cagey fucks, their inventory shows plenty of stock online but everyone there got shifty and said they don't have any to sell. Maybe if they weren't all sitting in the back for you guys to buy you would have plenty to sell....

odd, mine just didn't put it on sale. they have them but at full price.

You haven't been paying attention to the news, have you.

To the HardOCP news, yes. What else is there?

Last I read was HP was considering selling its PC business. Not about a firesale. But I do see this is on all the major news sites now.

Btw, Android development looks to be in gear. There's already $1200 in donation promises and promising news since it uses the same CPU set as a lot of HTC phones. Some developers are already looking into it.

LOL....I got what you were saying the first time.

I wouldn't even take a tablet for free. Hate the things and don't understand the appeal. Still a nice markdown, I suppose.

It's a photoshop. Look at the numbers/script.

Looks legit to me. Although details say its probably been resized through Photoshop. There are slight variations to the way those numbers are written. Hell the shade of white is different on each box. If it was PS, it was one really good PS. Besides, 10 of them is a pretty reasonable number for a person who wants to make some money off eBay.

I have no real need for a tablet but I would have jumped on either version for the price. I'd just leave it plugged in by the toilet.

My story:
12:30 AM: Found this thread (thanks OP) and kept following through on SlickDeals, also informed my friend so we could hunt around.
1:10 AM: Ordered the 32GB on Amazon and hopefully they'll make price adjustment.
4:00 AM: Still nothing from Amazon, damn tired and was about to hit the gym, hopefully by the time I got back they would update the price.
4:05 AM: Called one Walmart store that opens 24/7 and the sale lady said they only had 2x 32GB in stock, 1st come 1st serve.
4:40 AM: Got there and those 2 were long gone, only had a 16GB left and I let my friend snagged it. Also asked the manager to give us a list of item quantity available at other stores.
5:30 AM: Arrived at another Walmart, thought they open at 6 but they won't be till 7.
6:30 AM: Back again, there were a few people in line waiting.
7:00 AM: The door opened and we ran as fast as we could to the counter, me and another guy got there 1st and we got all 4x32GB, dude got 2 and I got 1 for me, another for my friends. Kinda felt bad for other people but well, guess that what 1st come 1st serve is all about.
So basically we stayed up all night and got 3 so it aint that bad. Now go back to Amazon,
I talked to them earlier and they said I can't cancel my order since it's already in process of shipping out, but then since the price is still $475.30 I'm still gonna get charged for that. The rep said I can always refuse the package for a refund, but I hope Amazon will change the price so I can get another 32GB for $150, that would be winning :)

I went to 4 stores after I got off work -none had it. Ah wel...I have a feeling I didn't miss much :)

(4 stores were target, best buy, office depot, and office max)

Back