HP Touchpad 16GB $99, 32GB $149, Active for .edu

Totally not worth it UNLESS 300,000 suddenly-dumped TouchPads translates into developer involvement OR Android gets ported to the TouchPad.

Totally worth it if you are looking for just a web browser with some apps. At $99 you cannot beat this hell not even the Nook Color flashed to Android can. This will be a perfect hold me over till the Windows 8 tablets finally come out.

Picked up a 16gb at wallmart for $99 this morning. Got manager to update the price and it worked.

I scored a 16GB one via the in store pick up at WalMart. I tried to grab one for my dad. My friend went too but Best Buy wouldn't budge under the normal pricing. At Office Depot we missed the last 2 as we walked in and same at WalMart when I went to pick mine up.

Totally worth it if you are looking for just a web browser with some apps. At $99 you cannot beat this hell not even the Nook Color flashed to Android can. This will be a perfect hold me over till the Windows 8 tablets finally come out.

Ah, but this is what the guy I was replying to asked:

If you're looking for something past a couch browser is this still worth it?

My friend went too but Best Buy wouldn't budge under the normal pricing.

Best Buy is probably still working on getting HP to take back their whole inventory - if that fails they will probably dump it directly too.

Web Browser, yes. "Some" apps is exactly the problem. If you want apps, the Nook Color is better. But for a $99 web browser and maybe an e-reader, this is a steal.

Web Browser, yes. "Some" apps is exactly the problem. If you want apps, the Nook Color is better. But for a $99 web browser and maybe an e-reader, this is a steal.

I am still not turned on the whole App seen to be honest. I have had my iPhone 4 for about 6 months now and I haven't really even made use of any app while only playing a few games. Maybe this would change though if I had a 10.1 inch screen of course. I like the phone but its too damn small to do anything with most of the time for heavy stuff imo. I understand if people want Apps of course if so look elsewhere.

Think I'll stick with my Transformer and save up to get the wife an Ipad for xmas.

Like others said, if you just want a couch browser then this is the deal for you.

Good Luck all!

Best Buy is probably still working on getting HP to take back their whole inventory - if that fails they will probably dump it directly too.

Yeah they said that after today they can no longer sell the TouchPads and have to send them back.

Hmm, saw this last night and decided to hold off... I don't know if I made the right choice here but I guess I will probably be able to pick one up somewhere when people decide their impulse purchase was in haste and want to get rid of it.

ive had a pixi plus for a while and like webos, but dont really know what i would do with a tablet. it is appealing at the current price though. hopefully my sams club order goes through. i have zero faith in my microcenter order.

Yeah they said that after today they can no longer sell the TouchPads and have to send them back.

Went to my local BB, and that's what they told me this morning.

I was willing to take some of that 'junk' off their hands...

Looks like everything online is either not being adjusted or is sold out. And everything around me is sold out or being ass hats and rudely telling me they aren't adjusting the price.

Well my "verifying" HP order just went to "being processed" and they charged my CC.

GOOOOAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!!!

$162 out the door from P.C. Richard in Manhattan (Union Square). Got the last 32GB they could find at store opening. I honestly did not expect to be able to snag one, so I'm quite pleased.

I can't complain for a 32GB tablet with an XGA IPS screen, decent enough web browser, e-reading and email capabilities, and very nice audio output (speakers and headphones). I was in the market for a bedside MP3 player and it's hard enough finding a decent 32GB one that's not an iPod touch at $150.

It's a little heavy (1.6 pounds?) and I think I'm going to want a case for it.

Well my "verifying" HP order just went to "being processed" and they charged my CC.

GOOOOAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!!!

Same here! I just hope we dont get cancelled and get a refund after getting our hopes up. I didnt get my Order Processed email until about 6 hours after I placed my order. I will consider it a done deal when I get a Order Shipped email.

Same here! I just hope we dont get cancelled and get a refund after getting our hopes up. I didnt get my Order Processed email until about 6 hours after I placed my order. I will consider it a done deal when I get a Order Shipped email.

I think they have someone looking over all the orders. I doubt they are going to charge, then not ship. However we shall see. I got one from Samsclub anyways, so I'm covered.

GOOOOAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!!!

Did you get a confirmation email? I ordered two last night with the save 30 coupon for me and my bro at 9:30 PM EST. I still haven't got one. My order is being processed and I think my CC was charged. Just that the spending limit is lower, but no transaction as of yet.

Did you get a confirmation email? I ordered two last night with the save 30 coupon for me and my bro at 9:30 PM EST. I still haven't got one. My order is being processed and I think my CC was charged. Just that the spending limit is lower, but no transaction as of yet.

The email I got said order is being processed instead of verified.

The local Walmart ended up not having the same model I ordered in stock but luckily I left work early and was able to grab a 32gb version from the same store. Got the last one in stock.

Decided to go out hunting at 8am today. 4 Office Depot's, 2 Staples and 2 CompUSA/TigerDirect's later I went home empty handed. Atleast I got my HP website order in as a fallback. People in Miami were WHORING them big time. Guy showed up at CompUSA after I did asking for the same thing, he was talking to the employee about how he snatched up 4 at Staples and that he wanted a few more, and the employee said him and a few friends grabbed some early and they were talking about selling them on ebay. So disappointed in humanity :/

Got mine from P.C. Richard & Son last night....website was EXTREMELY SLOW...but after 15 minutes of "refresh"...i got a 32GB coming (hopefully).

Local staples was sold out in the AM....damn employees.

Holy fuck did that thread on Slickdeals blow the fuck up! 1.1million views and almost 3500 replies.

All my local Office Depots, Targets, and Staples' are sold out. I called one at 9AM (opening time) and the guy hadn't updated his system yet so it was showing up for $500, and he tells me to call back in 20 min. I call back and another employee tells me that a huge line of people snatched them all up. :(

I placed my order at about 3:50 this morning. I got a call from Office Depot at 9:15 as I was getting ready to step into the shower to make sure I planned on picking it up (and to inform me of the price change). I told them that I was planning to be there in half an hour to pick it up. When I got there, they said they sold out in 18 minutes, and I had the last one. I ran into my boss while I was there, and he wanted me to give it to him for his birthday. I, of course, told him no.

Been playing with it for almost 2 hours now...got it updated, got a few apps. Really like the sound this puts out, and I'm getting used to how it does its multi-tasking. I'd prefer to have a close button, but I can survive.

Sister just picked one up at the Frys in Irving. Was told it was a bundle only with case and screen protector though. Got the 32GB.

EDIT: Total was $200 out the door!

Last edited:
I'm half tempted to wander over to the Plano Fry's to see if they have any left, since it's no longer listed online, but with my luck...

I'm just waiting on Amazon to make up there melon and drop the price on this :mad:

Staples is a bunch of cagey fucks, their inventory shows plenty of stock online but everyone there got shifty and said they don't have any to sell. Maybe if they weren't all sitting in the back for you guys to buy you would have plenty to sell....

Back