HP Touchpad 16GB $99, 32GB $149, Active for .edu

deal is live at officedepot for the 32gb at $149.99

link

the 16gb is also live but they only marked that down to $129.99

link

My problem is that at $150 + tax (32GB), it comes awfully close to the price I'd be willing to pay if I actually needed it :(

The HP coupons were necessary for me...oh well

Going to camp Staples near me in the morning. Maybe they will have the same sale and price. Of course "near me" means within an hour of me. Living out in the sticks sucks sometimes!

:)

Anybody else getting e-mail confirmations? My order has shown 'Item being processed' for a good 6 hours now.

Hope my use of the coupon code and military link-through don't screw my order.

Mine still say "Item being processed" too, no email. Bit worried if that will go through or not.

As a backup plan I went to Walmart and paid full price for a TouchPad 32GB. If they cut the price, then I should be able to go in and get a refund for the difference. I hope. :)

I placed the order at $500 for Office Depot. I'll just go in and pricematch it when they open. It shows $150 for online, $500 for pickup

Mine still say "Item being processed" too, no email. Bit worried if that will go through or not.

As a backup plan I went to Walmart and paid full price for a TouchPad 32GB. If they cut the price, then I should be able to go in and get a refund for the difference. I hope. :)

Wal-Mart matches prices post-sale? Since when?

Wal-Mart matches prices post-sale? Since when?

What I'm hearing people say is if I bought it for $500 today and it goes on sale for $150 Saturday, I should be able to go in Saturday and get them to match the new price and refund the difference.

I know Target does this. Would assume most retailers do.

just ordered the 150 at office depot. yays

though the receipt says "backordered quantity"

What I'm hearing people say is if I bought it for $500 today and it goes on sale for $150 Saturday, I should be able to go in Saturday and get them to match the new price and refund the difference.

I know Target does this. Would assume most retailers do.

And what if Walmart refuses?

And what if Walmart refuses?

If they refuse, I could just return it. :)

But Walmart now has the tablet on sale and a couple people on the SD forums already confirmed Walmart is refunding the difference now. So I think it should be good.

Well I managed a 32gb off OD without backorder. Got a confirmation email, this was about 2.5 hours ago though.

Anyone know of places that still have phones in stock?

Just to cover my ass incase HP doesn't honor my order, I flew into Wal-Mart and snagged a 32GB once I saw them change their web price. But the in-store price was still $498 but I was told it wouldn't be an issue getting the difference refunded once the in-store price changes.

Not opening it yet one way or the other though.

It was fun, being part of a flood of geeks in the electronics section of a Wal-Mart at 3:30am. It paid that I hovered over the one associate in the area as she helped another customer because there were more nerds in the wings than there were TouchPads on the shelf.

No mass email cancellation? Good hopefully that means this will go through on HP. My order is still processing, but my got a email confirming my membership to HP Acadamey so that makes me happy. Hoping to the see order shipped out sometime soon. I have no intention of going out and camping stores either as there is going to be way too many people doing the same. Probably get some on Ebay for cheap as I am sure there will be 1000's trying to resell for profit, yet the market will be flooded.

I ordered a 16gb one through walmart.com about 2 hours ago for $107 after taxes. Will be picking it up at my local store after work today. I really hope they don't screw up my order somehow because I will be pretty pissed if I miss out on a deal like this, especially with someone working on an android port.

I went into my local walmart at 1am, wasn't reduced price, was told it would reduce at 7. I came back at 4:30am to double check, they were gone, the person had come in early, i am pissed since I didn't order one from officedepot because of what I was told.

I really hope they don't screw up my order somehow...

Count on it.

When I bought mine in-store, the associate was confused because store inventory showed 0 on hand in spite of the fact that there were two on the shelf. My experience in retail tells me they had been taken out of the store's inventory and allocated to fill orders placed online.

So, in hindsight, the one I got the one the dude behind me got had technically already been bought by others online.

Anyways, I'm just hoping Wal-Mart does offer me a price correct tomorrow when I go back in with the receipt.

Count on it.

Yeah I never really trust ordering online with them, but I will be leaving work early so I can get to the store early in the morning to hopefully get it. If not hopefully I can locate a retailer that isn't sold out although that is unlikely.

I was at WalMart but they were being dicks to me about it even when I showed them their website. I got home and then I could add it to my cart and pick up in store. WTF?! Oh well I snagged one (I hope) via Pick Up in store so we'll see...

Just nabbed mine from the Landover MD store. I got the last one, damned 16gbs were all gone.

Got one HP Touchpad 16gb for $99 (133 thanks to tax and waste fee in Calif) at MicroCenter - link here. It shows $399 BUT just click Add to Cart and you'll see the real $99 in cart. :D

Ordered a 32GB from MC half an hour ago and still haven't seen a confirmation e-mail. SD posters are also reporting cancelation e-mails 10 min after the confirmation e-mail, so we'll see.

I'm thinking about getting one for my wife but she plays games. If you're looking for something past a couch browser is this still worth it?

Totally not worth it UNLESS 300,000 suddenly-dumped TouchPads translates into developer involvement OR Android gets ported to the TouchPad.

Sams Club !!!

My local store had 14 left at 9:45, after i bought the maximum of two.

My order is still processing. My brothers is too. Anybody else still have theirs in processing?

Bought 3 32's from Sam's this morning at $150 each.

Just reading up, another poster said limit 2... I didn't have that issue.

edit: image

11-1.jpg

Found out about this last night as I was goin to bed - (waking up at 4am for work sucks)

No dice last night, and no dice this morning either in terms of finding a place that has some for order.

All the local walmarts, Sams' club, and every other place online seems to be totally sold out.

Since places like Amazon and Best buy are supposedly sitting on a huge stock of them, I wonder if we will see "round 2" of this fire sale sometim in the future.

I've never been interested in or needed a tablet but for 100 dollars and the fact XDA seems to be working on a port of honeycomb to this thing means its totally worth $100 dollras to have have a couch surfing movie machine.

Seems like most e-tailers jumped the gun on releasing this -- oh well *shrugs* if I find a good deal on ebay or craigslist I'll pounce.
Seems totall SOL in terms of getting an order in now for 99 dollars.

Ordered a 32GB from MC half an hour ago and still haven't seen a confirmation e-mail. SD posters are also reporting cancelation e-mails 10 min after the confirmation e-mail, so we'll see.

Got email from MC - it's confirmed and in process of my order. :)

I just called customer support for MC, and the guy told me they only had 100 so most of the orders will get canceled. Not sure how accurate his information is... They are getting slammed right now according to him. I can't determine if my order will be filled because my girlfriend typed my e-mail wrong :/

I'm just thinking it may be because it's the weekend but I think others got their order shipped.

The people who have called HP from SD report that 'processing' status means you're golden whereas 'verifying' is a very bad sign.

I snagged a 32 from hp last night that's in the processing stage and placed another order with MC that I expect to get cancelled. Went to walmart this morning, what a bunch of jackoffs...

My walmart was sold out by 8 am. I work there. When I left yesterday they were full price, and before I could get there this morning they were gone.

Back