HP Touchpad 16GB $99, 32GB $149, Active for .edu

I was just told by HP they do not accept coupons on the TouchPad orders. They may cancel orders for people who did buy with coupons. Just FYI for people.

I was just told by HP they do not accept coupons on the TouchPad orders. They may cancel orders for people who did buy with coupons. Just FYI for people.

They better give us a chance to re-order it without the coupon then cause that would be bullshit for them to just cancel it outright without a heads up.

Stupid CSR's will tell you all sorts of stupid things. If it wasn't valid, it wouldn't work at checkout.

I ordered and didn't get a email or anything, when I log in it just says order being verified. Is that what everyone else is seeing?

I ordered and didn't get a email or anything, when I log in it just says order being verified. Is that what everyone else is seeing?

Same, my mdc account didn't get any email even when registering. It is pretty late though so I don't expect it to be verified till morning.

Couldn't get it to take with Chrome but it worked for me with IE9. I did use a coupon so I will update the thread if they cancel my order.

Now I just hope someone comes out with a way to put android on these things.

Couldn't get it to take with Chrome but it worked for me with IE9. I did use a coupon so I will update the thread if they cancel my order.

Now I just hope someone comes out with a way to put android on these things.

I think that is what everybody is praying for lol. I want it mostly for web, movies, and music which it should do just fine either way.

Stupid CSR's will tell you all sorts of stupid things. If it wasn't valid, it wouldn't work at checkout.

People have gotten order cancellations when using coupons before. It seems there are a lot of people who used the coupon that have not gotten confirmation emails. I got mine after about half an hour and many coupon people have been waiting longer.

I have a feeling HP has someone actually look at and verify orders. I'm not saying you can't try, just saying it's likely it won't work.

People have gotten order cancellations when using coupons before. It seems there are a lot of people who used the coupon that have not gotten confirmation emails. I got mine after about half an hour and many coupon people have been waiting longer.

I have a feeling HP has someone actually look at and verify orders. I'm not saying you can't try, just saying it's likely it won't work.

meh, I wouldnt mind if they cancelled, I just hope they dont get a free 30-day loan.

So they'll drop the price $300, but an extra $15 is a deal breaker? If they do end up canceling every order with a coupon code, it would be worth it just for the irony.

I did the exact same as OP did for the 32gb. Seems to have worked... wow, this is great.

So they'll drop the price $300, but an extra $15 is a deal breaker? If they do end up canceling every order with a coupon code, it would be worth it just for the irony.

My thoughts as well. People have gotten confirmation orders already with the coupons. HP wants these gone. Already taking a $200 hit here what is $15? Easy enough for HP to have barred the coupons from working prior to the new listing price anyway.

The instructions do work to get the lower pricing. Keep clearing cookies and trying again. My instructions are in continuation of the ones in the original post.

1. After clicking "tablets" under "Shop for products and services", click "touchpad" right next to "home" button.

2. Click the blue "shop now" button on the right. You should then see two new blue buttons, one for each touchpad model: "buy now from hp". The original prices are still shown above the links.

3. Click on the button for the 32GB model (since the 16GB is sold out).

4. The product page that opens should now show the discounted pricing. Click add to cart.

5. Find the cheapest pack of paper and add that to cart (in order to use the save30hp coupon)

That should work. If the product page at step 4 does not reflect the discount, see if the page says "HP Academy" in the top left corner if you are trying to use student discount. Not sure what other methods will say, surely something other than "home and office".

Good luck! Maybe the keyboard and charger will receive a hefty discount!

do you guys think Best Buy and Amazon will follow the other retailers and have the same deal this weekend or next?

even created a new academy account with my edu address (my original account uses my hotmail address, has worked fine previously for laptop purchases) and nothing.

Maybe tablet makers should adopt the console business model: sell at a massive loss and make up the money on software sales. People are going apeshit over this, even though it an all but dead platform.

Grabbed a 32gb, will also be hitting BB first thing tomorrow to see if I can snag a 16GB one. Just for media players they're worth far more than that.

In for a 32GB without coupons

Not worth trying to get it even cheaper than it already is. Amazing.

The instructions do work to get the lower pricing. Keep clearing cookies and trying again. My instructions are in continuation of the ones in the original post.

1. After clicking "tablets" under "Shop for products and services", click "touchpad" right next to "home" button.

2. Click the blue "shop now" button on the right. You should then see two new blue buttons, one for each touchpad model: "buy now from hp". The original prices are still shown above the links.

3. Click on the button for the 32GB model (since the 16GB is sold out).

4. The product page that opens should now show the discounted pricing. Click add to cart.

5. Find the cheapest pack of paper and add that to cart (in order to use the save30hp coupon)

That should work. If the product page at step 4 does not reflect the discount, see if the page says "HP Academy" in the top left corner if you are trying to use student discount. Not sure what other methods will say, surely something other than "home and office".

Good luck! Maybe the keyboard and charger will receive a hefty discount!

you win thank you sir!

Maybe tablet makers should adopt the console business model: sell at a massive loss and make up the money on software sales. People are going apeshit over this, even though it an all but dead platform.

I was thinking the same thing.

went to target and microcenter.
local target had none at all (i believe they dont carry them at stores and only have them online)
microcenter had 0 in stock (santa clara CA) and dont know about any of this $99 for 16gb deal...

at 130 bucks, the 32gb is worth it to me.... it would mostly be used as a coffee table media consumption device....

i'm slowly working my way through the check out process, i'm guessing the server is getting hammered...

I think most people are banking on the idea that someone will come out with a way to put android on these... but if not its still a decent deal for web/email/video tablet.

I think most people are banking on the idea that someone will come out with a way to put android on these... but if not its still a decent deal for web/email/video tablet.

Or :D* Windows 8 :D either way, you can't buy a good 32GB MP3 player for $150. Even if it never gets another app I'll just leave it on my desk at work for playing music and watching security podcasts.

the 16gb shows $100 for me, but is oos. the 32gb refuses to give me the discounted price. maybe they caught on? can anyone still see the discounted price for the 32gb model?

Back