I ordered and didn't get a email or anything, when I log in it just says order being verified. Is that what everyone else is seeing?
Couldn't get it to take with Chrome but it worked for me with IE9. I did use a coupon so I will update the thread if they cancel my order.
Now I just hope someone comes out with a way to put android on these things.
Stupid CSR's will tell you all sorts of stupid things. If it wasn't valid, it wouldn't work at checkout.
People have gotten order cancellations when using coupons before. It seems there are a lot of people who used the coupon that have not gotten confirmation emails. I got mine after about half an hour and many coupon people have been waiting longer.
I have a feeling HP has someone actually look at and verify orders. I'm not saying you can't try, just saying it's likely it won't work.
So they'll drop the price $300, but an extra $15 is a deal breaker? If they do end up canceling every order with a coupon code, it would be worth it just for the irony.
The instructions do work to get the lower pricing. Keep clearing cookies and trying again. My instructions are in continuation of the ones in the original post.
1. After clicking "tablets" under "Shop for products and services", click "touchpad" right next to "home" button.
2. Click the blue "shop now" button on the right. You should then see two new blue buttons, one for each touchpad model: "buy now from hp". The original prices are still shown above the links.
3. Click on the button for the 32GB model (since the 16GB is sold out).
4. The product page that opens should now show the discounted pricing. Click add to cart.
5. Find the cheapest pack of paper and add that to cart (in order to use the save30hp coupon)
That should work. If the product page at step 4 does not reflect the discount, see if the page says "HP Academy" in the top left corner if you are trying to use student discount. Not sure what other methods will say, surely something other than "home and office".
Good luck! Maybe the keyboard and charger will receive a hefty discount!
Maybe tablet makers should adopt the console business model: sell at a massive loss and make up the money on software sales. People are going apeshit over this, even though it an all but dead platform.
I think most people are banking on the idea that someone will come out with a way to put android on these... but if not its still a decent deal for web/email/video tablet.