HP Touchpad 16GB $99, 32GB $149, Active for .edu

If anybody finds a store that sells it at a discount in Europe, please post it.

Got a cancellation email from HP today. Glad I grabbed one from office depot yesterday, especially with the Ubuntu info. Means it should at least sorta work with BT as well.

I bought it for $399 on HP's site, but an hour on the phone with their support people got $300 credited back to me. :)

In other news, people who got burned: second-hand buyers (e.g. Craigslist, eBay with no proof of purchase from valid reselling partner), the earliest adopters.

Anyone been able to find a noteworthy reasonably priced case for this?

Just received my order confirmation e-mail, so looks like I'll be giving this second one to someone.

Now that is a steal, $90 each. I'm gonna pay $109 for one. More power to you my friend.

Yup. I ordered when the Touchpad firesale price was activated on the HP Academy and I used the $30 coupon. Managed to get in due to being a student easily and everyone else was freaking out how to get it. A lot of people used the 2727 EPP code and that is the Army still do not know if that will go through or not. Should of seen the people freaking on the SD thread when they found out it was the Army's code lol.

I managed to snatch a few from different places, if any from other sources get shipped I'm just going to post them up on the FS section. Pay what I paid and just pay shipping as a thanks for hooking up a [H] user with some info.

Edit: WHoooooa with the PM's. I have way more PM's than TP's en route so apologies ahead of time, didn't think I'd get PM's lol. Earlier guys have dibs and if they managed to snag one then I'll just PM along the line till it's your turn. Again apologies.

Last edited:
My 32GB Friday order from HP finally got confirmed. Now I just need to buy one more touchpad.

I tried a Radioshack in Columbus OH, Out of stock in the store, can not order in, and none in stock in the region, which the sales rep defined as the surrounding 6 states. :(

I seriously just went to take a dump and missed this :(

It's becoming obvious I won't get one

Using MissJ's link and tip, the touchpad sometimes pops up with Amazon selling them but states "Back-ordered. Due in stock August 26 -- order now to reserve yours." Still, I placed an order as hopefully Amazon is getting more in, though I don't know from where. Worth a try.

So HP is spinning off the computing business, will that include their displays? I'd love to get a ZR30w for 70%-80% off.

Using MissJ's link and tip, the touchpad sometimes pops up with Amazon selling them but states "Back-ordered. Due in stock August 26 -- order now to reserve yours." Still, I placed an order as hopefully Amazon is getting more in, though I don't know from where. Worth a try.

I talked to Amazon last night and they said they were getting more in later this week. In the meantime, I'd talk to CS and get a price fix. I told them its supposed to be $99 and hey changed without any hesitation.

Got my confirmation email an hour ago from HP.com for the 2 16GBs I ordered Friday night for $180 total.

Last edited:
I talked to Amazon last night and they said they were getting more in later this week. In the meantime, I'd talk to CS and get a price fix. I told them its supposed to be $99 and hey changed without any hesitation.

Thanks for the information. People should also be able to use the coupon BTS20OFF if they pay using an Amazon credit card. Problem is, it is near impossible to get an order in quick enough without using 1-Click ordering. I tried to get Amazon to add the coupon in after the order (not yet shipped) but I was told they cannot do that on placed orders.

Well just went to RadioShack and the guy told me that they only had 2 in stock this morning and in total. He said they sold immediately when they opened. If your radioshack's are anything like mine in my area, no one ever goes to them, which justifies them only having 2 on hand per store.

This is due to the fact that they would only sell one a month, if that.

All I have to say is good luck if you're venturing to RadioShack. xD -- btw, I showed up 15 minutes after they opened. So I wasn't too far behind of the people that got there when they opened. Their entire parking lot was empty, so I was thinking to myself I would get an additional one for my brother since he is stuck in church... lmao

Llama[Style];1037657741 said:
Well just went to RadioShack and the guy told me that they only had 2 in stock this morning and in total. He said they sold immediately when they opened. If your radioshack's are anything like mine in my area, no one ever goes to them, which justifies them only having 2 on hand per store.

This is due to the fact that they would only sell one a month, if that.

All I have to say is good luck if you're venturing to RadioShack. xD -- btw, I showed up 15 minutes after they opened. So I wasn't too far behind of the people that got there when they opened. Their entire parking lot was empty, so I was thinking to myself I would get an additional one for my brother since he is stuck in church... lmao

I called 4 RadioShack locations. All are gone in my area.

So how about the strategy of ordering one in stock at full price and later asking for the price cut? Will that work?

HP SMB was a 404, now it's a VBScript Out of Memory error.

Somewhere in the world there's a server on fire....

keep hitting refresh.. i just got a email from bestbuy saying my order is backordered. You think it will be fulfilled?

I ordered one for full price from Buy.com; figure I can try to talk down the price with CS later or return it worst case.

I ordered one for full price from Buy.com; figure I can try to talk down the price with CS later or return it worst case.

While I want to do this, the thought of them not giving the price reduction is what scares me.

While I want to do this, the thought of them not giving the price reduction is what scares me.

However, the do have a 45 day return policy and then I have Amex backing that up if they refuse.

Come to think of it, doesn't Amex have a price protection policy as well?

So I got through the purchasing process, but when it was finalizing my order, it gave me out of memory error, yet my bank statement shows money put on hold, but no email received.

So I got through the purchasing process, but when it was finalizing my order, it gave me out of memory error, yet my bank statement shows money put on hold, but no email received.

If you know your account number & your last name, it will show your order ID. Mine went through successfully.

http://h71016.www7.hp.com/dstore/dc...ction=OrderHistory&oi=E9CED&BEID=19701&SBLID=

this too will take quite a few refreshes. the login option is not working, every time i attempt to log in, it gives me login failed. the last name/account no. lookup does work though.

Back