HP Procurve Model Question

In the past for 48 port gig switches we've bought the HP 2810-48G. I'm used to the OS and etc so I've become accustomed to them. I need to buy a couple more switches for a new building that some offices will be moving to.

RIght now I'm looking at a few different models to compare to the 2810's. The HP E2510-48G looks pretty good for 1500.00 dollars as opposed to the 2400.00 dollars for the 2810's. The specs for the two are damn near identical but the price is very different. Anyone have any experiences with the 2510's and 2810's? What differences if any does the OS's have? Based on hardware similaritites I'm going to assume the 2510's have a "lower end" version of the Procurve OS?

Also anyone used the newer 3COM models? The hardware specs are very good on those at a much lower price point.

Basically all I need is gig speeds, VLAN / Trunking support. These switches will have desktops, printers, servers and etc plugged into them. No SAN equipment or anything like that will be used on these.

HP E2510-48G

HP2810-48G

V1910-48G 3COM Models.

I run a few 2510-48G's and haven't noticed any deficiencies, we're adding them as we need to expand on the current dozen-or-so 2650's . Then again, the only features we use are LACP trunking, VLANing and STP.

That is pretty much what we'll be using too. The price difference alone may bet too much to look over given the similarities of the two models. There seems to be some minor differences such as no sFlow support, no support for redundant PS (we never use that anyway) and a couple other things.

Also I like your signature :). All I've owned over the past 13 years is Toyotas. Two Tacomas, one 4Runner and the GFs Camry. Currently have 2011 Tacoma.

Back