HP Procurve 1810g-24

I'm about to undertake a project to re-configure the network for the company and I need to see if someone can provide some input. I'm not a novice, but nor am I a expert. The network was set up with a linksys E900 and the Procurve. A fiber connection comes into the office, connects to the E900 through a converter and then to the procurve. The E900 handles all of the routing and management (I use the term loosely), which is what I want to change. The Procurve has a fiber port, but I would like to know if I could use the fiber converter to the Procurve, and then take the E900 off one of the ports of the switch. Then, I would like to be able to manage the network with the Procurve to set priorities. I've read that it's possible to manage the network with the Procurve, but I could use some help with step by step guides. There are about 18 physical connections in the building, and several wireless ones and I want to configure about 5 computers to have the highest priority and then scale from there. Is the Procurve Manager a necessity to manage the network, or just a nice GUI? Any input is appreciated.

A necessity, no but I find it easier and more pleasant than the CLI (personally). I believe what you're trying to do is do-able as the 1810g-24 (which I also have) is layer3 but I haven't done it myself so unfortunately I can't walk you through it... Sorry dude. Keep looking and if you can keep us updated! Good luck.

Back