HP Printer Driver installing every time I use Windows XP remote login

char507

Limp Gawd
I am having this problem where every time I remotely logon to my deskop, the HP printer drivers install two or three times. It then brings up the proverbial "idiot screen" trying to get my to register and do all this jazz. This happens a few times every time I login to the system and I was wondering if anyone knew of any solutions?

char507 said:
I am having this problem where every time I remotely logon to my deskop, the HP printer drivers install two or three times. It then brings up the proverbial "idiot screen" trying to get my to register and do all this jazz. This happens a few times every time I login to the system and I was wondering if anyone knew of any solutions?
When you are remote connecting do you have the option to map printers enabled? If it is enabled, uncheck the box to map printers and then try again and see if the printers attempt to or succeed in auto-installing. If not check out the following:

Check the default user profile for an entry in Start Menu\Programs\Startup and see if there is a utility there.

You can load up the default user profile in regedit and check the profiles HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run or ...\RunOnce and see if there are any entries for this app that keeps running.

You might find the entry in a location similar to the registry key I mentioned above except that it resides in HKU\.Default\....

There are a couple of other methods but I doubt the software would go through the trouble to automatically setup printers for each user that logs on.

Also, you can try doing the following if you are accessing this machine from a windows 2003, windows XP or Windows 2000 machine which has remote desktop installed:

mstsc /v:{machine_name} /console

This changes the way the session is setup so to other applications it seems as though you are physically at the console and not through a TS session.

Back