HP prebuilt i7 6700, 980ti, 16GB DDR4, win10 $1135

DF-1

2[H]4U
taken straight from slickdeals

HP Envy 750se Desktop: i7-6700, 2TB HDD, 16GB DDR4, 6GB GTX 980 Ti, Win 10 $1135.39
Matches a deal from 2 months ago at here.

HP offers their HP Envy 750se Core i7-6700 Gaming Desktop w/ GTX 980Ti Video Card for $1135.39 when you follow the instructions below. Shipping is free.
  1. Click Here [hp.com]
  2. Under Graphics Card, select 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti (+$580)
  3. Under Power Supply, select 500W Power supply (+$30)
  4. Under Networking, select HP Wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 1x1 w/ Bluetooth M.2 NIC (Stone Peak 1) (+$12)
  5. Add to Cart (pre-coupon total will be $1,621.99)
  6. In cart, apply coupon code SPRING2016
  7. Total should be $1135.39 with free shipping

Specs:
  • Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core CPU
  • 16GB DDR4 2133 Memory (2x8GB)
  • 2TB Hard Drive (7200rpm)
  • 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti
  • SuperMulti DVD Burner
  • 500W Power supply
  • Windows 10

upgrade to K...its worth the difference.

I hope they have these deals with next gen cards.

Man, this is really tempting. It's basically the cost of the 6700K and the 980Ti.

upload_2016-3-20_18-14-45.png

Gotta love that 500W OEM shit PSU.

I personally do not see it as a deal at all. I would much rather quality products with individual warranties for my money.

its good for people who want a small decent gaming rig for a fair price

its also good for salvage. Build custom rig with CPU and GPU and replace the HP machine with cheaper decent CPU as spare PC

Reactions: UMASS
like this
Gotta love that 500W OEM shit PSU.

I personally do not see it as a deal at all. I would much rather quality products with individual warranties for my money.

probably you don't know, but.. HP utilize probably one of the best and biggest manufacturers for OEM PSU, Bigger than Fortron or Seasonic as few examples. Which its Lite-ON they are focused only on OEM and don't make any consumer, they are used and marketed by SuperMicro for server environment. so yes, they are good.. of course nothing uber fancy, but hey, they are great PSUs that last almost forever under any kind of extreme stress :)

probably you don't know, but.. HP utilize probably one of the best and biggest manufacturers for OEM PSU, Bigger than Fortron or Seasonic as few examples. Which its Lite-ON they are focused only on OEM and don't make any consumer, they are used and marketed by SuperMicro for server environment. so yes, they are good.. of course nothing uber fancy, but hey, they are great PSUs that last almost forever under any kind of extreme stress :)
Just going to have to agree to disagree there. My Corsair AX850 Is a tank. Seasonic oem, long warranty, plenty of power. I've had it for 4 system builds so far. Yes it was a pretty penny new, but it is a quality component.

I'd never trust my build to a shit oem psu. Sure it will last through the warranty, but likely not long after.

This is a good deal for anyone who doesn't have the knowledge, time or confidence to build their own system.

considering sunflower is one of the best PSUs according to all reviews i am calling bullshit. If they sold an awesome PSU they would sell it at the consumer level....it doesn't mae business sense to have a great affordable product and limit yourself to one market.....bs....respectfully.

Unless you got a review to back that up i dont buy it for a sec.

hahaha, Well that's happen when people don't know enough about things and think they know too much about everything =) I don't blame you guys, I used to think the same about Lite-ON couple of years ago until decided to review and test myself their units.. you want to ask? you may want to ask Oklahoma Wolf (JonnyGuru) or Paul_Johnson ([H]|OCP) 2 of the better PSU reviewer in the industry, but what about some quotes first? of course I never said Lite-ON is on par with high-est end consumer models like the AX850 or AX860, but hey, they are good performer units, much better than some crap PSUs made for the biggest name, Thermaltake, Corsair, Cooler Master, EVGA etc, etc.. I would take any day a OEM Lite-ON over a budget targeted Thermaltake, Corsair, Cooler Master or EVGA PSUs.. and Trust me Im one of those who don't like to cheap ever in Power Supplies for any of my 14 machines.

Lite-on in general makes excellent power supplies. Sure they have lower end units but their lower end aren't generally bad just not as good as their real high end products.

Thanks Paul

Lite-On's been a major name in the industrial market forever... the reason most people don't know about them is because they don't really offer or OEM for consumer units.

They're kind of like Zippy/Emacs that way, though I wouldn't quite put them at that same level of build quality.

Oh Thanks Again Oklahoma

its good for people who want a small decent gaming rig for a fair price

its also good for salvage. Build custom rig with CPU and GPU and replace the HP machine with cheaper decent CPU as spare PC

I think SomeGuy133 is correct. It's a good deal for the average user that likes to game & doesn't know how to build a rig. Power supply aside. Most of here enjoy building our computers, so we can pick on it, but it's still a pretty solid overall deal.

Araxie is correct. The assumption is that these units contain those legendary crap Bestec power supplies and that all OEMs use that quality nowadays. Nope.

hahaha, Well that's happen when people don't know enough about things and think they know too much about everything =) I don't blame you guys, I used to think the same about Lite-ON couple of years ago until decided to review and test myself their units.. you want to ask? you may want to ask Oklahoma Wolf (JonnyGuru) or Paul_Johnson ([H]|OCP) 2 of the better PSU reviewer in the industry, but what about some quotes first? of course I never said Lite-ON is on par with high-est end consumer models like the AX850 or AX860, but hey, they are good performer units, much better than some crap PSUs made for the biggest name, Thermaltake, Corsair, Cooler Master, EVGA etc, etc.. I would take any day a OEM Lite-ON over a budget targeted Thermaltake, Corsair, Cooler Master or EVGA PSUs.. and Trust me Im one of those who don't like to cheap ever in Power Supplies for any of my 14 machines.

Thanks Paul

Oh Thanks Again Oklahoma

Lite-on stuff is legit. Was in many of my prebuilt PCs in the past and they never failed. They are in the majority of business servers, prebuilt work desktops, and many other systems and I would guess that they have a lower fail rate than consumer psus like corsair and evga.

Would like to see someguys response to your post. lol

Lite-on stuff is legit. Was in many of my prebuilt PCs in the past and they never failed. They are in the majority of business servers, prebuilt work desktops, and many other systems and I would guess that they have a lower fail rate than consumer psus like corsair and evga.

I still see no reviews posted showing they are as good as sunflower AKA EVGA P2 or better

I still see no reviews posted showing they are as good as sunflower AKA EVGA P2 or better
That's because they are OEM. Unless reviewers are given prebuilt PCs and the reviewers take it apart to review each individual part then of course there are no reviews for the PSU.

Johnny Guru stated that lite on is legit stuff, I trust his statement.

That's because they are OEM. Unless reviewers are given prebuilt PCs and the reviewers take it apart to review each individual part then of course there are no reviews for the PSU.

Johnny Guru stated that lite on is legit stuff, I trust his statement.
evidence.....you claim its better than EVGA P2 wich is a sunflower but its one of the best PSUs out there and i see no evidence....no evidence....no evidence....no evidence.

evidence.....you claim its better than EVGA P2 wich is a sunflower but its one of the best PSUs out there and i see no evidence....no evidence....no evidence....no evidence.

I don't see anywhere he said that anything Lite-on is better than the sunflower. He said it's ONE of the best PSU manufacturers, not THE best, and that it's BIGGER than Fortron and Seasonic. The OEM market is much larger than the add-in market.

Also, we get it dude. You have a super hard-on for your PSU. No need to wave it around.

IF YOU ORDERED THIS BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR ORDER CLOSE.

I just went thru the order process with the unit I had in my shopping cart from this morning. It showed the correct price with discount and tax of $1299 but when it finalized it, the price changed to $1067. I looked at my email confirmation and they had substituted the 745 video card in place of the 980ti.

I called, had to cancel, went thru their request to offer me $60 bucks off if I took the 745 card and finally insisted that it be cancelled.

The person on the phone claimed that when they run out of something, their system will automatically replace it with the next highest version without telling you before you pay. It will still show the original all the way thru till it sends the email confirmation where you find out that you got something you didnt want.

Very disappointed. For $1300 it was well worth getting.

I don't see anywhere he said that anything Lite-on is better than the sunflower. He said it's ONE of the best PSU manufacturers, not THE best, and that it's BIGGER than Fortron and Seasonic. The OEM market is much larger than the add-in market.

Also, we get it dude. You have a super hard-on for your PSU. No need to wave it around.
no people were claiming its better than EVGA which EVGA doesn't even make PSUs they are just rebranded seasonics and sunflowers depending on the first or second gen. So by claiming they are better than they have to be one of the best because johnny guru said those are some of the best PSUs he has ever tested. See how they make no sense....thats why i call bullshit because these quotes don't even make sense.

IF YOU ORDERED THIS BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR ORDER CLOSE.

I just went thru the order process with the unit I had in my shopping cart from this morning. It showed the correct price with discount and tax of $1299 but when it finalized it, the price changed to $1067. I looked at my email confirmation and they had substituted the 745 video card in place of the 980ti.

I called, had to cancel, went thru their request to offer me $60 bucks off if I took the 745 card and finally insisted that it be cancelled.

The person on the phone claimed that when they run out of something, their system will automatically replace it with the next highest version without telling you before you pay. It will still show the original all the way thru till it sends the email confirmation where you find out that you got something you didnt want.

Very disappointed. For $1300 it was well worth getting.
Bait and switch at its finest. Better luck next time, HP seems pretty desperate still.

so you have reading comprehensions problems, let me help you.

of course I never said Lite-ON is on par with high-est end consumer models like the AX850 or AX860, but hey, they are good performer units, much better than some crap PSUs made for the biggest name, Thermaltake, Corsair, Cooler Master, EVGA etc, etc.. I would take any day a OEM Lite-ON over a budget targeted Thermaltake, Corsair, Cooler Master or EVGA PSUs..

yeah, that's what I said. let me say it again twice and separated so it may be easy for you: "of course I never said Lite-ON is on par with high-est end consumer models like the AX850 or AX860" and "I would take any day a OEM Lite-ON over a BUDGET TARGETED Thermaltake, Corsair, Cooler Master or EVGA PSUs" so again let me try to explain you what I tried to meant, I would be in a way better position going off with the OEM Lite-ON PSU than going with a CHEAP well branded/known PSU. EVERY manufacturer out there have low-end quality, Mid-Range and High-End PSU, you may not know too much about it but yes, they have piece of shit garbage that people buy because "hey they are a good brand", "Damn boy a thermaltake PSU should be pretty amazing, a Cooler master PSU even better, oh wait yes, Corsair man, this is the best"..

I said they are BIGGER than seasonic that butt-hurt'd you right? yes they are bigger, never said they are BETTER than every Range of Seasonic branded or OEM made PSU, did I?. According by your wonky Logic a EVGA 700B PSU i'ts the same category as EVGA 750 B2 or the EVGA 750 G2? would you take the EVGA 700B over the EVGA 650P2? ;) its the same Cooler master GX750 than M2 750? or a V750? or wait even better its the same Thermaltake TR2-700 than Thermaltake TR-700P? (would you even notice a difference between those?) and yes I will say again I would take any day a Lite-ON OEM PSU over any cheap well-known/branded PSU... PoorGuy133 You are certainly offended by your ignorance, most of the time you have NO idea of what are you talking about and still you insist in fight and discuss, you're that kind of toxic teenager and problematic people that shouldn't be here in this forum.

oh my bad...i am some how supposed to read your brain when you make idiotic broad statements like you bolded? Right....nice back tracking.

And i am tots butt hurt over this...tots. -_- Keep up the libel to make yourself feel better for making stupid baseless statements. It makes you look good and makes you sound very informed and adult like.

You still make baseless statements that the PSU in that system is great with 0 proof. Show me evidence otherwise its pure conjecture. Sorry, never knew facts and evidence was so offense....do you need a safe space?

You can call me ignorant...thats fine but i'll remain ignorant unless you provide facts and evidence. I dont rely on conjecture....thats foolish

conjecture....(just in case you don't know what that word means):
an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.

Last edited:
oh my bad...i am some how supposed to read your brain when you make idiotic broad statements like you bolded? Right....nice back tracking.

And i am tots butt hurt over this...tots. -_- Keep up the libel to make yourself feel better for making stupid baseless statements. It makes you look good and makes you sound very informed and adult like.

You still make baseless statements that the PSU in that system is great with 0 proof. Show me evidence otherwise its pure conjecture. Sorry, never knew facts and evidence was so offense....do you need a safe space?

You can call me ignorant...thats fine but i'll remain ignorant unless you provide facts and evidence. I dont rely on conjecture....thats foolish

conjecture....(just in case you don't know what that word means):
an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.

It's cool man. If I spent way too much on a power supply, I'd try and justify it everywhere I could too.

Good lord. There are no reviews of Lite-On units because they only supply to the Server and OEM markets. Their stuff is usually really solid, since they have to out live 3-5 year server warranties.

But I understand your desire for proof. Unfortunately there is none.

And its fucking SUPERFLOWER. Not sunflower.

Good lord. There are no reviews of Lite-On units because they only supply to the Server and OEM markets. Their stuff is usually really solid, since they have to out live 3-5 year server warranties.

But I understand your desire for proof. Unfortunately there is none.

And its fucking SUPERFLOWER. Not sunflower.
lol haha my bad. I was just going off my head on the name. Yea its superflower :D I was close :D

Back