HP Pavilion 27xi LED Has Dark Corners After Coming Out of Power Saver Mode.

Sithtiger

Weaksauce
Hi, I have an HP Pavilion 27xi LED monitor and just yesterday when I first booted it up, I noticed it was very in the bottom right corner of the screen. When I turned if off and back again it was fine. Then it did it after coming out power saver mode a few times. The last time happened a few minutes ago, except this time both corners are dead. I don't think the LED lights are going bad, but some type of controller possibly? I don't see how this could be a driver issue either, because it's not like a scrambled screen or total black screen. Again, I turned it off and back on again and it was fine.

Now, I am using an old DVI-D cable. I wonder if that could have any bearing on it or is it just dying? Could the cable do that? I've had this monitor about 4 years now.

One last thing. I also have my monitor hooked up to my TV via HDMI so I can watch Netflix. I don't see how that would affect this situation at all, but I'm throwing in to give all possible issues. Thanks in advance! I'll post pictures the next time I see it happen.

Yes, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I even downloaded a diagnostic tool that just crashes when it's booted. Yeah, I think it's dying. Actually now, it's getting worse as it does this one a cold boot too. So far though, it has fixed itself when I hit the power button on the monitor and then back on again, but I know it's only a matter of time before that stops working too. Thanks for that link, I appreciate it! Unfortunately, it didn't help, but seriously, it may seem like a small act of kindness and I was going to look for newer drivers. It's just there are so many rude people out there and seeing a nice person is refreshing! Sorry for the late reply. I tried an HDMI cable hoping that might fix it. I didn't think it but, but hoping, but you can see from the picture what it looks like. Sometimes, both corners are dark. Again, if I power the monitor off and on again, it fixes the monitor.

Attachments

• Dying HP Pavilion 27xi.jpg
    Dying HP Pavilion 27xi.jpg
    349 KB · Views: 23
Back