HP Omen 32" QHD Monitor - 2560x1440, 5ms, 75Hz freesync, VA panel

I ran the PMW Flickering test on BlurBusters and got one single line to appear. It might not be flicker free but I didn't get any flickering when i ran the test at 50 percent brightness. I can try other brightness settings and see if it changes anything.
Yes please if u have time. I think the lower the brightness settings the more obvious the flickering will show. Thanks.

Yes please if u have time. I think the lower the brightness settings the more obvious the flickering will show. Thanks.

It looks the same at any brightness(0-100), 1 single line at 0 or 100. This is with their default setting: Height: 480 or full screen(doesn't matter, makes no change), Pixels per frame: 16 pixels(ideal), Separation: 1000 pixels.

It looks the same at any brightness(0-100), 1 single line at 0 or 100. This is with their default setting: Height: 480 or full screen(doesn't matter, makes no change), Pixels per frame: 16 pixels(ideal), Separation: 1000 pixels.
Agreed

It's almost like competitors are planting bad info on this monitor. Either that or there is some sort of terrible panel lottery occurring.

Got mine today. Now I remember why I returned the original launch one I bought way back. This things a blurry mess in games.

Anyway, for those interested. I've managed to get it up to 90hz with Freesync intact using CRU. If you try and do this without changing/matching the h.rate (134-134 for 90hz), the monitors firmware will force you back down to 60/75hz. It passes the frame skip test and works fine. Those of you skipping frames with Nvidia make sure you set the monitor to Freesync mode so that the default 75hz profile is available.

I'm going to try and push up to 100hz before I decide to return it.

EDIT: 100hz works fine without frame skipping as well. I wonder if it will go higher.

EDIT 2: Looks like there is a point where the monitor begins to lose bit depth or something. 110hz works great but there is some loss in clarity. I'm going to try and find the sweet spot which I think is 95hz.

EDIT 3: Yeah 95hz it is. Any higher and stuff gets fuzzy and colors show banding. Shame because the damn monitor does 120hz no problem.

I'm not sure if i'm using CRU right, I downloaded it and was able to get my customer frequencies to pop up. I was able to get 80, 90 and 100 to work but i had HORRIBLE frame skipping with any overclock. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if my monitor just isn't capable of overclocking. Also, for some reason it wanted to scale my icons and text to 200 percent and I kept having to send it back down to 100.

Got mine, it's good.

So I'm confused by HDMI vs DisplayPort. It comes with both cables, but the picture is different with them.
HDMI: Allows you to select Full or Limited color. Full makes the blacks too gray.
DisplayPort: Does not allow you to change Full/Limited on display menu. In NVIDIA control panel I can change it still, but it makes no difference to the eye, it looks to be limited. Is it limited??

Which is better to use as a cable?? I'm gaming *and* photo editing on this monitor.

Mine was butter smooth and passed the online frame skip tests + no issues in game even at 110hz. The real problem is that any form of Overclock is not permanent on this monitor. If you touch the OSD, it detects the OC and starts the countdown timer with prompt to reset to 60hz. If a game happens to launch at something other than your OC'd refresh rate and native resolution, you get the same prompt from the monitors firmware.

Take a look at this forums grey, once you OC far enough you'll see thick black vertical bars that span across the grey forum background from what is likely the monitor maybe dropping to 6bit. It happened at 85-90hz for me so honestly it's not even worth OC'ing this thing.

Oh well, worth a shot, I'm not going to complain for a 300 dollar monitor. Honestly, 75hz on this thing isn't bad, I know it isn't as smooth as the 27 inch 144hz 4ms ips panels out today. However, the input lag feels very minimal and overall it's a nice experience even at 75hz.

Last edited:
Looking forward to receiving my Omen this week. 305 smakeroo's from Costco.com.

I will be replacing my QNIX 27" (which I think is great).

I unboxed my other two monitors last night. I'll admit this is a little bit ridiculous. 7680x1440p with bezel correction a couple hundred more pixels in width. It's about 12MP. The array of monitors is 81" across and that's with the curve and bezel overlap.

I ran a few games last on a single Fury X. Doom, Batlefront, Battlefield 1. All in the 30FPS range at max settings (no AA). Dropping the resolution scale to about 70% in Battlefront allowed for 75fps continuous at max settings. Dirt Rally averaged 55FPS at this resolution though on a single card.

All the displays are pretty much identical. They all look great, no issues with any of them. Either I'm fortunate or you guys with issues are having a bout of bad luck. I have no corner backlight bleed, no color shifting, no physical damage, identical colors and brightness. They look like they should (3 identical high quality panels)

I can't get my second fury x to work until I buy a new power supply. I neglected TJ verify my PC power and cooling 750 watt PSU had enough eight pin connectors. I need four. I have 2. Looks like I'll order a new PSU today to remedy that. I was looking at adapters but that may be risky. I overclock my CPU and had a pretty full rig. EVGA has a couple well reviewed 1000 watt PSUs on sale so I'll probably go that way. I'd have never have considered myself someone who would buy a setup like this. But the good prices and high quality monitors allowed it to occur.

IMG_1083.JPG

Yeah for $300, there really isn't much room to complain. I actually found the input lag on the average/poor side. I think it's in the high teens based on comparing it to my Samsung TV in game mode at 21ms.

EDIT: Might even be in the low 20's input lag. Anyway, it's not fast which is what immediately struck me in BF1 coming from other monitors.

I hooked my Omen up alongside my HP ZR30W and did the clock test. Average over 12 different samples was 3 ms faster than my ZR30W. Which puts the Omen in the 8-11 ms range, depending on where you find the input lag of the ZR30W. Either way it's faster than my ZR30W which I do not notice input lag on.

zB24x93541ueOA8uElR2c5ssLy5QqRmrrk6QNp3Kl29PZZDKW-hwrvUfJoDaedECPMhS906Fjaq_59VmLEiJpQE3yYzC-J5bTaSQLWZ3MO2ezMJYCemVw0UrHGLZkaB6pIAclIu2nQp5XkdgFPfwBrkcZ0o1t9-eLJO7TwOsTYENsk13DlP0Egd3jnSb_MFzGXMfB-IWnnXZExNQziD2xQIoXDkOaEOtL8RdD1zH8Otp-sqBH2DfNUklU9V9kXsEINJWG16FjywLB3Hvzro7spnymY8abSCGkKtnkAWmNqZWUK5Ow2j0d_Zj_PC7eDSdqMuSB1l3bY5W66dZoc_N5gjSC0kHjCxzvI2od_4iYBkABV9IF4xrV79cWHbYoUNYGa9kxZ501Tqd_BMLMVsyHJFhteghJHs6i3qKOp2AJSbJfHc1eiEueL8bR44bxbGSm-SrdNzfAZBYYSbXKfHwOs1A8kuIcO4V8lpGNPXNTbCQgdM_3XWpvKCxIXUSzHz9MNhEoNkh_6U-aWMDkdrT--xxsEyODixxK3Po0aeIEmRuaHKhoyJhX9sWayrcCxR9hZL4lGfC5D6ZSyRdJqEJpLAg9IDjVWegYMG4tgrId5FzBQix=w1677-h1110-no

Take a look at my post from the other thread on this monitor. I am by no means a professional reviewer, but the numbers show the Omen(Left) being faster than my HP ZR30W. Now the Input Lag tests I found on the ZR30W they used a timer and compared it to a CRT and got 11-14 ms(depending on the review) for the ZR30W. Again, I don't have all the fancy review equipment TFT Central has, just posting what I have found.

Take a look at my post from the other thread on this monitor. I am by no means a professional reviewer, but the numbers show the Omen(Left) being faster than my HP ZR30W. Now the Input Lag tests I found on the ZR30W they used a timer and compared it to a CRT and got 11-14 ms(depending on the review) for the ZR30W. Again, I don't have all the fancy review equipment TFT Central has, just posting what I have found.

Assuming those clocks are counting up, wouldn't that make your Omen 35 ms slower than your HP? In my own testing, I found the Omen to be 10-15 ms slower than my LG IPS.

Assuming those clocks are counting up, wouldn't that make your Omen 35 ms slower than your HP? In my own testing, I found the Omen to be 10-15 ms slower than my LG IPS.

They are counting up. If it was slower then time on the Omen would be greater. The ZR30W shows a larger time meaning it has more input lag than the Omen. Both monitors are hooked to the same video card via DP. The rendered frame is sent from the video card, the Omen displays a lower time, which means the frame was displayed on the monitor quicker.

Taking a look at the older testing method against a CRT, the setup would be the same. CRT and LCD hooked to the same video card. With a CRT having minimal to no input lag the timer is then used to determine the input lag of the LCD(timer would show a greater number than the CRT). I am using it the other way. My ZR30W is the known and the Omen is the unknown, and since the timer on the Omen is lower the assumption is the input lag is less than my ZR30W.

Again am I in no way a formal reviewer, just tossing the info out there.

They are counting up. If it was slower then time on the Omen would be greater. The ZR30W shows a larger time meaning it has more input lag than the Omen. Both monitors are hooked to the same video card via DP. The rendered frame is sent from the video card, the Omen displays a lower time, which means the frame was displayed on the monitor quicker.

Taking a look at the older testing method against a CRT, the setup would be the same. CRT and LCD hooked to the same video card. With a CRT having minimal to no input lag the timer is then used to determine the input lag of the LCD(timer would show a greater number than the CRT). I am using it the other way. My ZR30W is the known and the Omen is the unknown, and since the timer on the Omen is lower the assumption is the input lag is less than my ZR30W.

Again am I in no way a formal reviewer, just tossing the info out there.

That is backwards. The slower monitor will be displaying the older time since there is more input lag. Since the clocks are counting up, the older time is the lower value.

That is backwards. The slower monitor will be displaying the older time since there is more input lag. Since the clocks are counting up, the older time is the lower value.

Ugh I think my head is going to explode!! lol

Well happy to admit that I was wrong, except for the fact that it means the input lag on this monitor is worse then my ZR30W. Did some more testing with a different program, got about the same difference between the two panels. Makes sense to me now, the faster monitor is displaying he higher frame and time since it's able to process the image quicker. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Omen on the left and ZR30W on the right.

e1U3Isj62Zf-egOdz9lUlK-gQ3Oao8rshcjVGznHeXldEoYuZwaPh1OazG1H3H1ChD_e6TUszEDVnVBuLqDNSzT09skr6E-uOt1voFNLWAfgrkhy670WzFSLbmwUOOq0t4p7p3OStyklYpSFIFDOB_NrWcs3kdpRC1du8LL76hhTcD-B6CYw4aBmYgHIHIqT6lFXU-RPQDxAESxAigyxSafGqO0Ex7R4ZVV7wLoiTcb2jSqftt2FyHsBsKicwK_uaNKX-hFTMjSUNtMcVD0HYDMAaZxoG_yN7yeltRoLp5MnWN48oe6ZbI13zsxqiPYT0bqCoP2btudu7eNR006uU_pUztA_jgKuir3xu1EV6JJLwovBEqn0JYcyIBQ_x1bGvj_SF66WQVliGvDWJ2sbk48koncrYg3z1aE88f2AG0iajcdbCm_2TYNE3OUl2bYyeE09sEog2Kb3Wm8ptmo_ymgZILSc-y1bbsCo7hm6Nwk3uyfQg2l_VP7kpmugmQip0hf8rcsOn8dHfajwBqHXcdaLBh760BpSjapM7O-7PuU-gdXFC8dIiGFOEc6bTgoYH6B93pBqWti75EtxIubbZBNjM_H_l3xqyFqCWAKN7HCRupG9=w1920-h1271-no

I've been trying to do some lag tests against a crt I still have laying around. Using the test at http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/response_time.php
My initial estimate of the input lag is about 39.22 ms (using the frame counter diff in the test) or 43.23 ms (using a best guess of the time diff in the test).
This is with the monitor set to "text" and all other settings at default.

I have some concerns with this test method however as I did capture a couple images showing the Omen being ahead of the crt. The Omen is using hdmi
while the crt is using dvi so perhaps there can be different timings on different port types? With my current graphics card (280X) I am unable to connect
both monitors to the same type of port.

Attachments

• IMG_20161203_165647596_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20161203_165647596_HDR.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 139
My Omen has a build date of Sept. 2016. It does have a bit of back light bleed in the corners and 1 stuck pixel. In my opinion, the back light bleed looks much worse in the photo than it does to the naked eye.
It doesn't appear to me that my Omen has any significant banding either.

Attachments

• IMG_20161201_190150840.jpg
    IMG_20161201_190150840.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_20161130_214626429.jpg
    IMG_20161130_214626429.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 150
For all European buddies out there, the Omen is finally available in Europe!!! (y)
Well, at least in Germany.

I unboxed my other two monitors last night. I'll admit this is a little bit ridiculous. 7680x1440p with bezel correction a couple hundred more pixels in width. It's about 12MP. The array of monitors is 81" across and that's with the curve and bezel overlap.

I ran a few games last on a single Fury X. Doom, Batlefront, Battlefield 1. All in the 30FPS range at max settings (no AA). Dropping the resolution scale to about 70% in Battlefront allowed for 75fps continuous at max settings. Dirt Rally averaged 55FPS at this resolution though on a single card.

All the displays are pretty much identical. They all look great, no issues with any of them. Either I'm fortunate or you guys with issues are having a bout of bad luck. I have no corner backlight bleed, no color shifting, no physical damage, identical colors and brightness. They look like they should (3 identical high quality panels)

I can't get my second fury x to work until I buy a new power supply. I neglected TJ verify my PC power and cooling 750 watt PSU had enough eight pin connectors. I need four. I have 2. Looks like I'll order a new PSU today to remedy that. I was looking at adapters but that may be risky. I overclock my CPU and had a pretty full rig. EVGA has a couple well reviewed 1000 watt PSUs on sale so I'll probably go that way. I'd have never have considered myself someone who would buy a setup like this. But the good prices and high quality monitors allowed it to occur.

View attachment 11609

No glow in the corners ? I have some glow it's not bleed, it's the lighting glowing in the corners due to the monitor being edge lit you get a sort of unevenness with a black image on the screen. Again, I love this monitor, but it does glow a little. Amy chance you'd throw up a picture at 100 percent brightness with a black full screen?

No glow in the corners ? I have some glow it's not bleed, it's the lighting glowing in the corners due to the monitor being edge lit you get a sort of unevenness with a black image on the screen. Again, I love this monitor, but it does glow a little. Amy chance you'd throw up a picture at 100 percent brightness with a black full screen?

So the camera picks up stuff you can't see to the naked eye. If anyone thinks I'm going to be worried about something the camera can see that I can't --- ha. well they don't know me very well. I have bigger things to worry about. This is at default Gaming-Freesync mode on every panel with NO customizations to the display controls for this photo. I run them with the brightness turned down to about half (eliminates pretty much any possible visible bleed), but figured to give you an out of the box type view since that's more what you asked for - here they are. This pictures taken with my iPhone 6s. The full colors are from dead pixel buddy. I don't have any dead pixels on any of my panels. Colors are uniform. And there is no problem with color shifting to my eyes.
IMG_1087.JPG

IMG_1088.JPG

IMG_1089.JPG

IMG_1091.JPG

IMG_1092.JPG

IMG_1093.JPG

IMG_1094.JPG

IMG_1096.JPG

Last edited:
By contrast this is the backlight bleed on my last VA Acer 35" ultrawide monitor - and yes it was visible to the naked eye - where the Omen's bleed is not visible to the naked eye - more of slight IPS glow if you will.

Attachments

• IMG_0399.JPG
    IMG_0399.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0402.JPG
    IMG_0402.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_0405.JPG
    IMG_0405.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 158
Now I'll be the first to admit --- Three 32" panels are too big.
The displays are 81" across including accounting for the bit of curve made and the bezel overlap.

There is no WAY you can see what is on the far left and right side when you are looking at the middle.

I'm not sure I'll keep the three monitor setup. It's great for racing games -- that's about it. Everything else is vast overkill.

I think I'd rather have the 38" LG panel that's out right now. But I'm not wiling to pay $1500 for it yet, since I think it'll be $1k within a year.

I'll probably keep these monitors for a while and sell them when the 38" single panel drops to a price I think is reasonable.

-------------

In other news my second Fury X card came defective, so I'll have to send it back. This 7800x1440p resolution (with bezel correction) works on a single Fury X, but in the 30FPS range on most current gen games. (Doom, Battlefield 1). It runs at 60FPS in Dirt Rally (which looks absolutely fantastic in person), so a second card wouldn't even be needed for that game. Three displays is more of an expensive novelty than anything. Having the freesync sure is nice though. Not a screen tear to see anywhere. Which is a big upgrade coming from my last eyefinity setup....Which was was a 20/30/20 PLP setup with a couple Dell 2007fp and a Dell 3014. The side panels had terrible screen tearing.

Thanks for the extensive post, I always enjoy the information and level if detail you provide. Your panels looks basically the same as mine. I'll likely just stick with one and the Fury. It hit a sweet spot for me I'm really enjoying. I've been squeezing in an hour or two of gears of war 4 and it looks absolutely stunning on this monitor. It runs great on the Fury with Ultra setting too, I think I get dips into the mid 50s at worst.

Has anyone figured out what the "HP Enhance +..." setting is actually supposed to do? Just seems to make stuff blue for me

Mine arrived today. The size is hard to get used to at first, coming from a 27", but once you get used to it the extra real estate is amazing. It takes a bit of work to calibrate the colors and Windows ClearType properly, but after I did that I feel it exceeds my HP 27xi in both image and text quality, and that's an IPS panel. I think I'll be keeping this :D

I have two of them from from the costco deal, my impressions so far:

Out of the box [ootb], the color/image/etc is consistent between the two monitors. Some of the presets look really well tuned (if you can handle the default brightness), especially considering the price on the monitors.
32inch takes a little bit to get used to, but after just a few days I'm likely going to remove my 27inch rog swift TN (bearing eye strain)

Base is better quality than I expected, they give confidence that they will hold the monitors in place & you can tilt them back, but not raise/lower. They include external vesa plates. They include HDMI, DP, & power cables.

The monitors are thicker than I would expect, especially considering they have external power bricks.

Fonts aren't as crisp as I'd like, however I'm more comfortable running applications side by side on a single panel than I am with the 27inch at the same resolution. Perhaps as whitehat2k9 did, adjusting cleartype settings will improve this.

75hz doesn't work right for me with 780ti.

The ootb brightness is way to high. Stressed my eyes pretty hard.
I've dropped the brightness down to 45.
Dropping the brightness has a noticeable impact on the color/gamma. I have a calibrated TN (rog swift) that looks fantastic head on (I can't stress enough how good it looks head on) & I haven't been able to get Omen's to match it yet. I'm waiting for my spyder 5 to arrive (tonight or tomorrow) to hopefully re-calibrate all three, as I haven't been having luck getting the Omens to look right, let alone similar to the rog swift.

It is possible I need to go to a lower brightness as my eyes are still feeling the stress - or the PWM is too much for me to handle at my age (and considering the amount of time I spend in front of monitors that will be a deal breaker). If I can get this resolved I might sell my rog swift. The saying might be, once you go 32inch you don't go back.

75hz doesn't work right for me with 780ti.

Maybe with this issue you need to set it to 60Hz and see if you have any eye strain.

I've used this Omen all day for a work from home day with no eye strain. I changed it to text for my workday. I'm on a Fury X card so I still kept it at 75hz though IIRC.

Hi all!

First time poster from Sweden here.

I received my Omen 32 last week and have been playing around with it since. Overall I'm very pleased with it, but I was really hoping for deeper blacks from it as that was one of the main reasons for me wanting a VA-panel.

All levels of black are there. No issues with visibility at all, but I would simply want the backlight to be waaay lower than it is. I'm currently using it with Brightness set to 20 and in a dark room black scenes still really light the monitor up. Regardless of how low I set the brightness I find black levels too bright.

I've used the Nvidia control panel to lower brightness further but I'm still not entirely pleased.

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? Have my expectations simply been too high?

I was hoping that I would be able to get this monitor almost completely black when calibrated for a dark room.

I'm also curios if any of you have gotten the HP My Display-software working, and if so, are there any additional settings in that software which are not available in the OSD menu? Maybe even something like "backlight"?

Any and all help is appreciated!

Btw I'm using an GTX 980ti and above 61Hz the monitor starts frameskipping. No issue for me as I'm no hardcore gamer. Just thought it would be good to know for those wondering. Seems 75Hz is AMD only.

Hi all!

First time poster from Sweden here.

I received my Omen 32 last week and have been playing around with it since. Overall I'm very pleased with it, but I was really hoping for deeper blacks from it as that was one of the main reasons for me wanting a VA-panel.

All levels of black are there. No issues with visibility at all, but I would simply want the backlight to be waaay lower than it is. I'm currently using it with Brightness set to 20 and in a dark room black scenes still really light the monitor up. Regardless of how low I set the brightness I find black levels too bright.

I've used the Nvidia control panel to lower brightness further but I'm still not entirely pleased.

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? Have my expectations simply been too high?

I was hoping that I would be able to get this monitor almost completely black when calibrated for a dark room.

I'm also curios if any of you have gotten the HP My Display-software working, and if so, are there any additional settings in that software which are not available in the OSD menu? Maybe even something like "backlight"?

Any and all help is appreciated!

Btw I'm using an GTX 980ti and above 61Hz the monitor starts frameskipping. No issue for me as I'm no hardcore gamer. Just thought it would be good to know for those wondering. Seems 75Hz is AMD only.

OLED and several thousand dollars is what you need if you expect a monitor to be completely black.

OLED and several thousand dollars is what you need if you expect a monitor to be completely black.

I realize that complete blacks is hard to get. But led tv:s with va panels get so much deeper black than this does. Which is why I was hoping for it to be possible to get at least close.

I realize that complete blacks is hard to get. But led tv:s with va panels get so much deeper black than this does. Which is why I was hoping for it to be possible to get at least close.
you might need to check your HDMI range (display port range?) Full or limited. That can make a BIG difference. I'm looking at hardforum right now on my desktop and it darn near looks off in the black as compared to the second HP Omen monitor to the left of it that is in fact off.

Take a look here (picture taken with iphone camera). The black is very nearly the level of the OFF monitor and it's in default gaming-freesync mode with NO bightness modification whatsoever. (I haven't changed it back to my custom settings from my screenshot the other day).

mt3583.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1113.JPG
    IMG_1113.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 56
Attaching the file directly because the upload function seems to discolor the photo.

Attachments

• IMG_1114.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 73
In case some of you haven't heard, Nvidia has issues with Full range via HDMI cable. Google it for fix, or use DisplayPort instead.

Just received my monitor. It's replacing a Samsung KU6300 40" 4K TV that I found to be a nice PC display but too large for my viewing distance.

Settings:
  • Basic software calibration via Windows yields 15 brightness, 95 contrast.
  • Blurbusters UFO test suggests Faster is the optimal response time setting. Close call with Fast being quite similar but a little less noise with Faster. Fastest shows a little overshoot.

The bad:
  • Frame skips like mad above 60Hz with GTX 1070. No problem at 60Hz.
  • I notice the pixels. I guess I have been spoiled by "retina" displays. I suspect a 29-30" 1440p display would be a good middle ground for me.
The neutral:
  • Motion handling seems decent. It's better than the KU6300 showing 2 UFO's vs 3 under similar lighting conditions, also looking better on the chasing squares test.
  • Haven't noticed any issues with response time, although not tested in gaming yet. I'm not a twitch gamer so I'm not too concerned in any case.
The good:
  • No PWM detected at high or low brightness using the Blurbusters PWM test.
  • Black levels and contrast look good.
  • Colors seem fine / good. I'm not doing any color sensitive work so not too concerned about color accuracy.
  • Size is good in windows without any scaling.
The ugly:
  • Text... uh oh. I notice the color separation on text characters, especially vertical ones like "l" and "t". Tried the Sharpness setting and Cleartype calibration but can't get text looking crisp yet. It's not a chroma issue... 4:2:2 test image doesn't show any color bleed and mode is 10-bit RGB. This is a concern as it's a 60:40 work/play monitor.
Verdict: keep and evaluate for now. Given I can only get 60Hz anyway I might keep my eye on 30"+ IPS or VA 4K displays. Also evaluating while not intoxicated may yield more deterministic results.

--

The unrelated: free mechanical keyboard, Corsair K65, thanks to Amazon screwing up the shipping. Mighty different to type on vs the membrane chiclet keyboard of my Macbook Pro... hopefully I get used to it and can disable some of the keys I keep accidentally pressing.

Last edited:
Verdict: keep and evaluate for now. Given I can only get 60Hz anyway I might keep my eye on 30"+ IPS or VA 4K displays. Also evaluating while not intoxicated may yield more deterministic results.

--

The unrelated: free mechanical keyboard, Corsair K65, thanks to Amazon screwing up the shipping. Mighty different to type on vs the membrane chiclet keyboard of my Macbook Pro... hopefully I get used to it and can disable some of the keys I keep accidentally pressing.

That would probably help, but if you are hung up a specific character like a T, why not try to change the default font that windows uses for menus and text? Just curious?

Just wondering how is this monitor compared to Asus PB328Q which is now on sale in Amazon for $375. I will be using the monitor for web and viewing pictures. no games.

Last edited:
Just wondering how is this monitor compared to Samsung PB328Q which is now on sale in Amazon for $375. I will be using the monitor for web and viewing pictures. no games.

It's my understanding that the Asus (not Samsung) has slightly better colors and no frame skipping at 75hz. The problem with the Asus is quality control, where a number of folks online have complained about dead pixels.

It's my understanding that the Asus (not Samsung) has slightly better colors and no frame skipping at 75hz. The problem with the Asus is quality control, where a number of folks online have complained about dead pixels.

I read that somewhere too and someone post a picture side by side Asus vs HP. Base on that picture I think it's not worth it to pay about $100 more for the Asus with only slight difference in color.

Back