HP Omen 32 1440p Monitor [REFURB] - $239 shipped

Yeah, it was awful on my 1080Ti, but im enjoying it with my laptops RX580. I love editing photos on it too. I paid $239 so i cant complain, but i think id be happier with a 34" 3440x1440 100hz monitor or maybe even that $349 dell 27" 144hz 2560x1440 that i could use my 1080ti. 27" seems kinda small, 32" feels kinda big -- I had a 29" ultra wide LG and i do like those a lot -- ultrawides feel smaller then the size suggest

I used the omen with a 980ti for a few days and didn't notice any frame skipping issues. I switched to a 290x and the monitor really shines at 75hz freesync enabled.

I used the omen with a 980ti for a few days and didn't notice any frame skipping issues. I switched to a 290x and the monitor really shines at 75hz freesync enabled.

RX 580 w/free sync on at 75hz

20180226_234210-XL.jpg

Nvidia 1080ti at 85hz (i tried a huge range from 74-95hz) all the same. CS:GO was not enjoyable at all at any settings

20180226_234130-XL.jpg

So you're only running into issues when you try to run the 1080ti past 60hz?

I just edited my post, but CS:GO was not enjoyable at any settings i tried. Mechwarrior online and overwatch didnt bother me as much. CS:GO is very enjoyable on RX580 @ 75hz. Remember i went from a working 144hz monitor to this, so i may be more sensitive to it. Love it for surfing the web and editing photos.

I only had issues above 60Hz on mine with the 980ti. No skipping at 60, totally there at 75. The skipping bothered me on anything I did, desktop, games, etc. Which is ultimately why I sold it. If I couldn't use the 75hz, there wasn't a reason for me to move away from my current 30" monitor.

Last edited:
60hz with the Omen has no frame skipping on Nvidia and works fine.

I totally agree that 75hz on the Omen with Nvidia is not enjoyable for gaming at all. It ends up feeling like bad input lag to me with the Nvidia card. I didn’t get any hint of that with 75” hz freesync on my Fury X.

And I'm in for one at that price.

Comes to $265.68 with the 1 year protection plan from squaretrade.

It won't let me buy the 1 year warranty with credit :rolleyes:
Unfortunately, you can't use a credit or debit card to pay for this order. This option might be unavailable if:
  • We don't accept credit or debit card purchases on this country's site
  • A seller doesn't accept credit or debit cards
  • You've applied a donation

Estimated delivery Thursday, Mar 8, 2018 - Thursday, Mar 15, 2018

Last edited:
In for one. I have been very attached to my Samsung T260 for ten years. I will miss this awkward 1920x1200 resolution.

And I'm in for one at that price.

Comes to $265.68 with the 1 year protection plan from squaretrade.

It won't let me buy the 1 year warranty with credit :rolleyes:
Unfortunately, you can't use a credit or debit card to pay for this order. This option might be unavailable if:
  • We don't accept credit or debit card purchases on this country's site
  • A seller doesn't accept credit or debit cards
  • You've applied a donation

Estimated delivery Thursday, Mar 8, 2018 - Thursday, Mar 15, 2018

You'll be very happy especially with that rx 480

You'll be very happy especially with that rx 480

I really hope so. I was majorly disappointed the last two times I bought a monitor. My previous $300 samsung pos started getting vertical lines so I've been looking for a great deal but also willing to spend around $500 if I had too. Just about anything will be better than the cheap ass 40" emerson Tv I'm using right now. I rarely game maybe this will help get me back in the mood.

Also game on one of them and havnt seen any issues running 75hz 1440P on my gtx 1060

You sure about this? It seems that ANY Nvidia GPU has frame skipping running anything over 60Hz. I'd check settings or something unless you got something special going on...

You sure about this? It seems that ANY Nvidia GPU has frame skipping running anything over 60Hz. I'd check settings or something unless you got something special going on...
From the Omen thread it’s noted that some people aren’t sensitive to it.

Personally I’d only buy this monitor for AMD cards, or as a nice big productivity monitor. If you are a gamer with an Nvidia card who wants higher than 60hz - look elsewhere. It’s been proven over and over to frame skip above 60hz with Nvidia.
Gsync and Freesysnc, while IMO are completely equitable, either are absolutely worth having for your gaming experience.

Last edited:
From the Omen thread it’s noted that some people aren’t sensitive to it.

How? I think they just don't know what they're looking at or what to look for. Frame skipping is frame skipping. Unless their brains like to skip how could one not notice it?

How? I think they just don't know what they're looking at or what to look for. Frame skipping is frame skipping. Unless their brains like to skip how could one not notice it?
Just differences in perception.

Most people aren’t bothered by 60hz refresh rate and a few people are.

I cannot tell any difference between 75hz freesync and 144hz freesync when I tested two monitors gaming back to back. Some people will say 75hz to 144hz is entirely noticeable though.

Most people aren’t bothered by 60hz refresh rate and a few people are.

I'm not talking about 60Hz...at 60Hz this monitor is fine and no frame skipping on Nvidia. It's when you go above 60Hz that frame skipping starts coming into play and where I don't believe sleepybp isn't having issues. He might not know what frame skipping looks like but I doubt he wouldn't notice if he knew what to look for.

Some people are fine with 30fps on xbox one / PS4... Anyrate going from 144hz to this 75hz is noticeable to me, more so on the desktop then in CS:GO. With CS:GO when i snap 90 degrees right or left, its much blurrier then with 144hz but still better then 60. This effect I think is compounded going from 24.5" to 32" Personally i dont think ill ever buy a monitor under 100hz again. I think id been happier if i spent more and got a 3440x1440 100hz 34" ultrawide. I miss my ultrawide, it feels like i have horse blinders on now.

It's weird, I have a 165hz IPS (Acer) and the omens...and I can tell the difference, but I can still play on both and not have issues.

Maybe because I came from a time where having more than 2 colors on a monitor was a luxury, and I was the shit when my display did 800x600 at 16 bit color.

It's weird, I have a 165hz IPS (Acer) and the omens...and I can tell the difference, but I can still play on both and not have issues.

Maybe because I came from a time where having more than 2 colors on a monitor was a luxury, and I was the shit when my display did 800x600 at 16 bit color.

I come from the same time and 120/144hz is a must imo (My display is 144hz but when I run it at 120hz I can enable Lightboost which honestly feels almost CRT-like; it's pretty amazing). Having said that, the refresh rate of the Omen is not the biggest problem with it; it's the slow input response time (50ms) and pixel transition times (20ms average) that drag it down. Running the AMD Windmill to test Freesync will show heavy ghosting on the fan blades and it was really noticeable to me when making fast movements in BF1 and other games; everything is a blurry mess during fast movement).

https://www.prad.de/testberichte/test-monitor-hp-omen-32/5/

looking at this deal and wonder if there is a warrenty against dead pixels ?

would a R9 280X drive this monitor at full scale in BF4, or would i have to run at 1920 x 1080 ?

Only thing holding me up is wondering how much gpu I'd need to push 3 of these at decent settings.....

Only thing holding me up is wondering how much gpu I'd need to push 3 of these at decent settings.....

Well 4k is 8,294,400 pixels

1440p is 3,686,400, x3 = 11,059,200 pixels. So you'd need about 33% more power than is needed to run at 4k with decent settings.

^^^ I gave up on Xfiah-SLI a few years ago. It will need to be single fastest for me. ATM it looks like a 1080Ti is the fastest but the Omen has Freesync.. so would I be able to "get by" with a Vega 64?

^^^ I gave up on Xfiah-SLI a few years ago. It will need to be single fastest for me. ATM it looks like a 1080Ti is the fastest but the Omen has Freesync.. so would I be able to "get by" with a Vega 64?

Quite frankly instead of buying three monitors you should just buy one large one w/ gsync or something. This one omen is plenty big for me

How long did it take for you guys to get tracking? How long did it take once you got tracking?

Just worried as I have had bad luck on ebay. Ordered a used motor for $700 but there was an issue where I had to cancel and reorder. Ebay only shows that I cancelled it. I can't leave a positive review for it yet it's in my car. When I placed the order for the monitor I forgot to change it to my new address. I contacted the seller and they said I had to cancel the order and reorder for ebay protection or some shit.

I ordered mine on Saturday and I still haven't gotten a tracking. Hoping they're just busy with orders.

I ordered mine on Saturday and I still haven't gotten a tracking. Hoping they're just busy with orders.

I just got a tracking email. Ordered saturday as well.

Looks like it's scheduled to be delivered to me on monday.

Last edited:
Same for the Saturday thing as well. I was going to try to contact them in the morning. If you read some of the seller's negative reviews, it is for delayed shipping notifications. It does not appear to happen often, but it does happen.

Would I be able to use this Display with an Dell Latitude Laptop which has the Intel HD 4600 Graphics? 60hz would be fine

the monitor has HDMI and Displayport, so I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Just mainly wanted to make sure that it will support 1440P @ 60hz using either the HDMI or Displayport connectors...I know certain monitors only do the specified resolution using certain ports/cables as an example.

So after owning these for a over a week, I can say they are pretty damn nice to edit photos and play games on. While I do feel the fluidity more on my acer gsync screen, I LOVE 1440p on a 32 inch screen, mostly at this price. My only regret is getting a pavillion 32 first, so now I have 3 of these panels, but 1 with a silver stand. Is it wrong I might order it at $225 just to have a spare monitor and 3 with the same matching foot?

Is it wrong I might order it at $225 just to have a spare monitor and 3 with the same matching foot?

You do realize what forum you are on right? lol ;)

Pretty sure folks on here have spent far more just to have things "match". I say go for it!

Crap. I just bought one of these...for work. And I got the AOC Agon Ultrawide at home a few weeks ago. That's a lot spent on monitors in the past couple of weeks. Though it's a lot of money saved, too.

Thanks OP!

Wow, this is super tempting. I'm rocking a 1080p AOC from like 2011-2012ish

Back