HP Omen 32 1440p Monitor [REFURB] - $239 shipped

Criticalhitkoala

[H]ard|Gawd
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah I was a cheapo and purchased the 32 HP pavillion and it's been perfect (typing on it now). I went ahead and ordered 2 of these. Now to sell my acer 165hz ips gsync....I just don't game as much as I used to.

Yeah I was a cheapo and purchased the 32 HP pavillion and it's been perfect (typing on it now). I went ahead and ordered 2 of these. Now to sell my acer 165hz ips gsync....I just don't game as much as I used to.

You won't be disappointed, I'm a serious fan of VA panels after having this one, excellent blacks and viewing angle without any of the bleed.

Damn I would have swapped my omen and cash for your gsync

I'm a big fan of this Omen 32 too. I had three of them and a couple Fury X for a good six or nine months.

I swapped out to an Alienware 120Hz gsync 34" 3440x1440 panels and a pair of 1080TI (cause Vega drivers stunk at launch), and if somebody told me they were taking that away and putting me back to three Omens and a couple Fury X I wouldn't shed one single tear. It's a great combo. Price can't be beat, and those VA panels are great. + Freesync is every bit as good as G-sync. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise who hasn't experienced both with a significant amount of time.

Great price, Great monitor.

Last edited:
Picked one up from Costco for $225 or so during Black Friday. The pixel and input response times are incredibly high; far far worse than my old-ass ASUS VG248QE and the 100hz display on my Laptop. And honestly 1440p on a 32" display doesn't look any better than 1080p on a 24" so the only bonus was the size. I thought it would be a good holdover while I wait for the 144hz displays with real HDR to be released but I ended up returning it.

At this price I had to bite. Unfortunately its impossible to find a suitable freesync gpu to pair this with. Hopefully I can get a Vega 56 for a decent price eventually.

FYI - The philips IPS 32" I paid $290 at Microcenter brand new crushes the Omen. https://www.usa.philips.com/c-p/326M6FJSB_27/momentum-qhd-lcd-display-with-ambiglow

And 75hz works on Nvidia which was one of the biggest complaints

http://www.microcenter.com/product/...tor,_2560x1440_Res,_VGA,(2)_HDMI,_DisplayPort

So I'm curious about this 75 not working on Nvidia thing. My current pavillion on the 970 seems to do fine at 70 hz. Is it an issue where you can't get the hz, or is there something mroe I'm missing.

Picked one up from Costco for $225 or so during Black Friday. The pixel and input response times are incredibly high; far far worse than my old-ass ASUS VG248QE and the 100hz display on my Laptop. And honestly 1440p on a 32" display doesn't look any better than 1080p on a 24" so the only bonus was the size. I thought it would be a good holdover while I wait for the 144hz displays with real HDR to be released but I ended up returning it.

It might be because my eyes are old, but owning a 4k 32" ips (didn't like) and a 1440p Acewr xb271 (love, but the screen feels small), I just find the 32" pavillion a joy to use. I had the 3007wfp for almost a decade, and it's been hell trying to find something that had the same feel and the 32" 1440 feels great. I'm really pleased with it...but it's also completely subjective.

So I'm curious about this 75 not working on Nvidia thing. My current pavillion on the 970 seems to do fine at 70 hz. Is it an issue where you can't get the hz, or is there something mroe I'm missing.

There is frame skipping with NVidia on the Omen at 75Hz. (choppiness because frames are skipped - it's fine at 60hz, but if you look at scrolling text, or try to game at 75hz it's dropping frames with Nvidia)

That doesn't happen with an AMD card and Freesync - 75Hz works fine, with no skipped frames.

This is a common issue with Freesync monitors. Probably more freesync monitors work this way than not. You'd probably not notice the dropped frames in normal everday business use, but if you look for it, or game you can see it. Better just to keep it at 60hz if you have an NVidia card.

There is frame skipping with NVidia on the Omen at 75Hz. (choppiness because frames are skipped - it's fine at 60hz, but if you look at scrolling text, or try to game at 75hz it's dropping frames with Nvidia)

That doesn't happen with an AMD card and Freesync - 75Hz works fine, with no skipped frames.

This is a common issue with Freesync monitors. Probably more freesync monitors work this way than not. You'd probably not notice the dropped frames in normal everday business use, but if you look for it, or game you can see it. Better just to keep it at 60hz if you have an NVidia card.

Ah thank you. Yeah I'll probably end up keeping the 165hz gsync for gaming and just use the omens for business/photography.

I think you're missing the point of a 2560x1440 32" display. It's so that you can fit more on the screen at a PPI/dot pitch that is still readable.
2560x1440 32": 91.79 ppi
2560x1600 30": 100.63 ppi
1920x1200 24": 94.34 ppi
1920x1080 24": 91.79 ppi

2560x1440 27": 108.79 ppi
1920x1080 27": 81.59 ppi

3840x2160 34": 129.58 ppi

So yes, if you look at ppi the 2560x1440 32" and 1920x1080 24" are identical. They should look the same but you can fit a LOT more on the 2560x1440 monitor. You want the largest resolution which can still maintains a ppi near 100. Fall below 90 and things start looking too grainy. Get above 106 and things start getting too small to read. My preference is still 16:10 aspect ratio with 30" 2560x1600 but the TV manufacturers have pushed 16:9 so 2560x1440 and 3840x2160 are the new norms but they use 27" and 34" displays when they should be using 32 and 40+. If you don't care about text size then just push the DPI as high as possible.

And honestly 1440p on a 32" display doesn't look any better than 1080p on a 24" so the only bonus was the size. I thought it would be a good holdover while I wait for the 144hz displays with real HDR to be released but I ended up returning it.

I had this monitor loved it. But then I upgraded to lg 4K ips. I love it as well. Both great monitor but it’s not bad at all for that price.

I own two of these 32" Omens and highly recommend them.
The screen real estate with 2 of these side by side is amazing for excel spreadheets (Work).

Also game on one of them and havnt seen any issues running 75hz 1440P on my gtx 1060 (no freesync).
I am a casual gamer (pubg) and would expect this monitor to be well received by anyone who is not pro gamer (120hz) or a graphic design expert (Photoshop).

I can confirm. I got mine Friday, paired with a 1080TI frame skips really bad. I tried overclocking, got up to 95 hz but still not enjoyable to game on. Plugged in my Laptop, with RX580 and CSGO plays beautiful now. Love this monitor if you have an AMD card... my HP Omen 24.5" 144hz free sync worked fine with my 1080TI. I am a hobbyist photographer and i love looking at pictures with this thing, May use it for movies too.

I can confirm. I got mine Friday, paired with a 1080TI frame skips really bad. I tried overclocking, got up to 95 hz but still not enjoyable to game on. Plugged in my Laptop, with RX580 and CSGO plays beautiful now. Love this monitor if you have an AMD card... my HP Omen 24.5" 144hz free sync worked fine with my 1080TI. I am a hobbyist photographer and i love looking at pictures with this thing, May use it for movies too.

Its amazing how nice gaming on this monitor with a 290x is.

Also the price dropped $10 to $229 for anyone interested. I liked this monitor so much i picked one up for my gf

SOB! It was $229 for a few days and just now jumped up to $309. My buddy just told me he was looking for a new monitor and I figured I'd grab this for him. I guess I was too late :(

I can't remember what mine was when I bought it, I think $269, I was debating waiting on a lower price and Archaea convinced me to just get it so I had more time to enjoy it...

He was not wrong at all.

I can't remember what mine was when I bought it, I think $269, I was debating waiting on a lower price and Archaea convinced me to just get it so I had more time to enjoy it...

He was not wrong at all.

I’ve got a $1000 Alienware 34” at 120hz with gsync powered by a pair of 1080ti and it’s no better than my gaming experience was with the three omens powered by a pair of Fury X.

Freesync and Gsync are interchangeable IMO. Either are absolutely worth having.

3 hp omen 32's? are you mad? that could melt your face!
At these prices you should try it. It was very cool.

20276989-C434-4A56-8EB3-827AF3A979B5.jpeg

4E43EDD8-5019-46F0-B2A9-6FA14A07DE32.jpeg

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg

Last edited:
If anyone does try three, make sure and download a app called flawless widescreen. It is essential to some games to move HUD elements to the center screen and make aspect ratios and FOVs work.

Any racing or flying game is excellent
Any 3rd person game like shadow of mordor will knock your socks off.

It does NOT work well for FPS games or twitch games in my opinion as there is too much screen - FOVs are often screwed up in FPS with triple monitors (leading to bad fisheye) and the exponentially faster movement of the peripheral monitors’ on screen action is disorienting. I pretty much always just used a single Omen for twitch games like Doom, Wolfenstein, Unreal etc.

Last edited:
SOB! It was $229 for a few days and just now jumped up to $309. My buddy just told me he was looking for a new monitor and I figured I'd grab this for him. I guess I was too late :(

Wow i must've grabbed my second one right before the price increase

If it wasn't for the frame skipping using a Nvidia card I would still have mine. I really liked the size and feel. I ended up with an LG 32GK850G and am very happy, although I paid a bit more....

If anyone needs the VESA mount that comes with these, not sure if the refurbs come with them or not, let me know. Sold mine locally and forgot to pack it and the guy didn't want it. Just pay shipping and it's yours. Shoot me a PM. - VESA is gone.

Last edited:
Back