HP Notebooks any good?

XLeezardx

[H]ardChef
hey guys, im in the market for a new Laptop to replace my desktop. I have always owned dells and the last one i had was a Vostro 1500. I didnt like that laptop as it was bulky and felt heavy, so I returned it. I looked at the HP's at bestbuy and looked and feel great. HP seems to give you more hardware for your money. So does anyone know if hp's notebooks are good? Are they reliable? Hows the Customer service?

HP notebooks are fantastic, especially the business grade notebooks. Friend of mine has a high end compaq with a 1920x1200 LCD-it's amazing :D

I love HP notebooks. Im using one right now. mine is the dv8000t runs great and plays all my games.

I love HP notebooks. Im using one right now. mine is the dv8000t runs great and plays all my games.

I also have one. next year in march it will be 3 years old already, runs like a champ with vista installed.

I just took delivery of a new HP 8510w and man its fantastic. Build quality is excellent and performance is very good. Its very thin at 1.1inches thick, and weights only about 6lbs. Three year standard warranty with on-site service. I am using XP pro on it atm, but I may go back to Vista Business. HP is number in the notebook market and I can see why now.

HPs are good, the business line is Very good (usually under the HP-Compaq name).

HP is a good make. I had one for two years that was subjected to considerable abuse but it has held up well...

I would have bought another HP but I was wooed by Dell's on-site support and accidental damage protection, both of which are critical because I need my notebook all the time, can't afford to have it be in the mail should anything go wrong.

:)

another thumbs up here as well. i've owned dell, ibm, and hp laptops. ibm is my fav, but when it comes down to price and what you get for the money, hp has 'em both beat. unfortunately i've had to deal with customer service from all 3 vendors. fortunately, however, i've had pleasant experiences from all 3 as well! in fact, i'm waiting for a new hard drive to arrive this week from hp because i'm getting a SMART imminent failure warning on my 2 month old dv2550se. not hp's fault the HD is dying.... who woulda thought leaving the laptop running downloads covered in 3 layers of blankets would melt the hdd. LOL called 'em up, they're sending a new hdd, return shipping for me to send back the borked one, and they are even including an external enclosure to transfer all my data to the new hdd since this one hasn't completely failed yet. my cost = $0.

in the past i've also gotten free higher capacity batteries because they drained too fast. the one i've got right now is the 12 cell. i'm getting about 9 hours off it. best battery life i've gotten out of any laptop. good luck with your purchase!

I just returned the Laptop under warranty. It seems like the wireless cards go out alot. It is either the wireless card, on/off switch or motherboard. It only worked for 8 months before wireless card stopped working. It will take up to 90 days before I will get the laptop back under warranty.

So ....I guess I will have to deal with it but lets be honest. If I could see into the future and see that this laptop would fail. I wouldn't have purchased it!

:D

I would recommend an HP laptop too. I have the dv9500t with the 8600 GS and I love it. I love how it looks too.

I use to be a notebook tech and worked on HP units as well as others all the time. HP seemed to hold up pretty good compaired to other systems from retail like toshiba which sucked. I would recomend them.

Also a nice thing about HP is the partsurfer website for buying parts when the unit is out of warranty. I hate calling dell to order a fucking notebook keyboard. I could have the keyboard for an hp ordered in like 5 minutes total.

HP notebooks are fantastic, especially the business grade notebooks. Friend of mine has a high end compaq with a 1920x1200 LCD-it's amazing :D

That's my favorite part of my HP laptop. 1920x1200 on a 15" screen. Plus the old people I work with can't read my text :D The best part is it maps 1:1 to my 24" monitor at work.

I just returned the Laptop under warranty. It seems like the wireless cards go out alot. It is either the wireless card, on/off switch or motherboard. It only worked for 8 months before wireless card stopped working. It will take up to 90 days before I will get the laptop back under warranty.

So ....I guess I will have to deal with it but lets be honest. If I could see into the future and see that this laptop would fail. I wouldn't have purchased it!

:D

90 day turnaround? When I shipped out notebooks for hp(stoped like a year and a half ago when I switched jobs) if the notebook was out a month we could get hp to replace it. Most were out for less then 2 weeks total turnaround. Usualy it took a week total.

Back