HP Mini-Note 8.9'' Laptop

w1retap

[H]F Junkie
I didn't see it posted in this forum yet. It looks like a nice C7 based laptop by HP. It might not be the fastest, but it looks very nice. Pretty affordable too.

8.9-inch diagonal 1280 x 768 WXGA
Ultra-portable light-weight design: 2.6 lb (1.19 kg) and 1.05 in (27 mm) thin at front
92% full-size QWERTY keyboard and touchpad
Processor - VIA C7®-M ULV Processor (1.2 GHz, 128 KB L2 cache)
Graphics - Via Chrome 9
1GB of installed RAM, Upgradeable up to 2GB of 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
802.11 a/b/g wireless LAN and Bluetooth, HP Wireless Assistant
120 GB 5400 rpm hard drive
Integrated VGA Webcam
ExpressCard/54 slot
Secure Digital slot for HCSD and MMC media cards
Battery - 3-cell (28 WHr) Lithium-Ion (Up to 2 hours 15 minutes usage time , standby time of up to 1 week) Optional 6-cell battery available from HP.

Comes with Linux (Suse v10), but also supports Vista.

http://h40059.www4.hp.com/hp2133/

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/avcards/a615/

Needs moar balls.

But besides that, I love the looks of it, the screen, just about everything I have seen of it online.

Whats the price on this type of laptop? The processor definitely would suck in terms of power, but is this suppose to compete with the Asus EEE?

Look like they want around $500.. a little bit steep based on the processor, but still not a bad price for a small laptop with big functionality.

I almost bought one of these but instead ended up going with the EEE 900. I would have preferred the larger keyboard but could not justify buying a C7. When via's new chip comes out however, the mini-note might be the netbook to get.

As for the keyboard on the EEE, its actually pretty decent. I can touch type at what seems like full speed and all my fingers fit comfortably on home row. I'd consider my hands size to be average btw

imported from taiwan. I paid a $100 over retail after shipping, but I got it early and with the 5800 battery instead of 4400

I'm interested in this laptop for business use and this review at newegg is scaring me off...

The 6 cell battery makes the unit over 2"" thick. 2/ Working with the notebook on ones lap is impossible since the screen does not allow tilting beyond about 120 degrees with the stupid 6 cell battery pack in place. 3/ The glossy screen is great for ""looks"", but causes eye strains in most places - especially airports etc.

I think this may crawl with Vista, but I am interested for sure. The price is good too.

I like the almost full size keyboard, but the screen is too small, look at that huge bezel and CPU is too slow
and no XP drivers, WTF?

the msi wind looks promising

Back