HP LP2475w vs Planar PX2611w vs DS-263N vs DS-265W for photo/video editing under $750

esumsea747

n00b
Hello Everyone!

I have read dozens of pages over several hours about monitors on this forum. I have read the threads (or as much as I can with some over 50 pages long) about each individual monitor. I am hoping I can get some help deciding on which of these to buy. $750 is my absolute limit, for originally, before I read everything, I thought I could go with a budget of $450 max. I am using this for photo and HD video editing, but also for some regular work and HD movie viewing. I currently have a ATI HD3870 video card on an ASUS P5K3 deluxe board with a Q9300 and 4 gigs of DDR3 13333 mhz memory running windows XP pro. I know I need an IPS monitor so that is why I have picked these.

Other things I would desire:
-A non-glossy screen (I rather have a little glare than reflections)
-High Definition and blu ray compatible (AVCHD)
-HDCP capability
-Ability to go HDMI or have an equivalent digital only input (double dvi?)
-RGB would be nice, for I have read that it gives the most accurate representation.
-Accurate color representation
-great viewing angles
-decent input lag and response rates (for movies and reducing halo)
-good build, support and warranty

I have chosen the following as the best fit for my desires:
HP LP2475w
Planar PX2611w
DS-263N
DS-265W
from what I have read, I think the HP would be the best bet because of its connectivity but I thought I would put the question to you. Which would you buy and why? If there are any other monitors you feel are missing from my list, please let me know, including why you think it should be on my list. If you believe I missed something or am over-valuing a particular aspect of my search (as I suspect I am with connectivity), please let me know.

ANY comment, suggestion, or criticism will be GREATLY appreciated :D!

Kind Regards,
Mario
PS, does anyone know the difference between a HP LP2475w and the LP2465<

WOW! 59 views and not one single comment, suggestion or criticism? :eek:

Please help me out, for you guys obviously know more than me here. All these monitors have been discussed and have their own threads but have not, to my knowledge, been compared to each other. Since they are very similar in specs and cost, I thought this would be a valuable thread to the community. I have done research and read extensively, so it is not like I am being lazy not reading the copious amount of info on this site, however the sheer amount of it is very daunting and hard to assimulate because they have a lot of disinformation scattered within good information. Plus I did not want to hi-jack any of the other threads.

Is there a reason I am missing why no one is responding?:confused:

Please guys, help a noobie out! I would greatly appreciate it.:D

Thanks!
Mario

What exactly are you hoping for if you've already read the threads? They answer all your questions, and you can easily make your own comparisons from other people's information.

Things I can tell you:
  • The HP 2465 is a PVA model, not IPS
  • The DS-263N is out of print, you can't get one unless it's refurbished and the 265W has replaced it
  • Planar and DoubleSight both use the same panel, it's a wide gamut H-IPS; HP 2475w uses a newer wide gamut H-IPS
  • Inputs you can look up on manufacturer websites, HDCP should always be included with HDMI though maybe not over DVI
  • None are glossy screen, but some are glossy bezel
  • Input lag won't affect movies, all have good response time/ghosting
  • If you take photo/video editing seriously you should pick up a colorimeter, they all calibrate well

Thanks HotdogStorm (must be a good story behind that user name!):p,

When you read over 60 pages of threads it all starts to merge together.:confused: I will go back and try to sort things out, so I can contribute but I was hoping someone could quickly sum up what would take me days to do, seeing that I am working 2 jobs, studying for my doctorate, recently married and already doing research on countless subjects. :( No pity party for me, or an excuse for being lazy, just an explanation why it is difficult to assimilate so much information. I simply don't have the ability to make it coherent. In addition, I thought this would provide a thread that those who have similar needs can follow for the next few months (when the next latest and greatest will come out). Already someone reports being interested in this thread for similar reasons.:cool:

Thanks for clearing some things up. :D I thought that the anti-glare feature reported by HP on the 2475w was a glossy coating, especially since I saw an HP with this coating at a tiger direct B&M store down here in Miami, so I glad to know that none of these has that glossy screen that reflects EVERYTHING, UH!

I particularly do not know what the most important inputs are. For what I have read, it goes (in order of quality) HDMI, DVI-D (or whatever DVI double digital is), regular DVI and the VGA. Please, anyone, correct me if I am wrong. I am still a little confused about the benefits of RGB inputs or component (y,pr,pb) though I know most of my older equipment uses this format, so having it may prove beneficial.

RGB, from what I gather (which can be wrong), allows a more true representation of color from your computer, but I don't know if HDMI or DVI-D or even DVI can do the same thing.

Thanks for the colorimeter advice. I will definitely pick one of those up, along with some software apps I have read about.

OK so it is now between the 2475, DN-265 and the 2611, since as Hotdogstorm reported the 2465 is not IPS.

I have read the this wider gamut thing will over saturate colors, because they will replace neon colors for the deepest colors of any film put out until maybe a year from now, because until now monitors could not provide the saturation they wanted, so maybe wider gamut do not accurately represent colors. (If this is so) This is analogous to when you play old reggae recordings on a new system and the bass is over saturated (because, back when old reggae was recorded there were no separate subs in homes or cars and bass reproduction sucked, so they compensated by driving the base up in the recordings...but I digress). However, I have also read that the wide gamut is good for photo editing.

For now, I will assume that the standard gamut is best, but please, anyone, let me know what you think. Obviously, I may have to do more research on this and report my findings.

So, maybe it is between the 2611 and 265.....see, you have helped me already more than you thought you would and I really do appreciate it, may the Karma gods repay you!:D

Kind Regards,
Mario

I can relate to grad school, but my solution is to just not sleep some days :(

Anti-glare coating is the non-glossy plastic they put on that diffuses light. Glass usually has an anti-reflective coating, but it's nowhere near as effective. If you're in control of the room lighting glass reportedly has better blacks and crisper text, I'm not aware of any glossy IPS in the US.

HDMI and DVI-D are identical except HDMI also carries an audio signal, there are converters that go between the two freely. I think the "double digital" you're referring to is Dual Link DVI, which has more data pins to allows for higher resolutions or refresh rates, and is a non-issue until you hit 30" or more. There is no "regular DVI," just various backwards compatabilities in the cabling; DVI-I carries both digital and analog signals so you don't have to worry about which one to use, DVI-D only works with digital, DVI-A only works with analog. VGA is an analog signal and inferior if you have the option. Component and RGB are analog mediums similar to VGA but put the sync timing into the green channel instead of its own pin.

Nothing allows a "more true representation of color" than anything else assuming they're all digital signals, analog can degrade. This comes down to the LCD panel itself and the calibration you put it through.

Wide gamut isn't any less accurate if you run color managed applications and set it up properly. I think all high end editing suites have had this ability for years, but check if yours do and make sure you understand what's involved.

HotdogStorm said:
Planar and DoubleSight both use the same panel, it's a standard gamut S-IPS; HP 2475w uses a wide gamut H-IPS
The Planar and DoubleSight are wide gamut H-IPS. The HP has an even wider gamut.

Thanks again Hotdogstorm (still waiting for the story on that one:)), zdravkelja, and ToastyX for your input!:D

I don't sleep as it is, but that is great advice. If Franklin only needed 2 hrs, why should I need more? Mania, please descend upon me! ;)

Anyhow, if I understand you correctly, DVI-D and HDMI are the same quality, with DVI-D being devoid of audio signal and that converters exist that will separate the audio of the HDMI so that you can plug the video into the DVI-D and the audio to your computer or receiver. I wonder what audio out it will give you, but I am assuming it will be digital, probably light pipe. I will research that and post my findings.

Either way, it seems that HDMI might not be necessary if your output device (cable/satellite box, xbox, sound card and video card or whatever) has an additional digital audio output, then the DVI-D will easily take its place. So, I guess I am now looking for a monitor with DVI-D or HDMI input(s), IF DVI-D implies that the monitor is HDCP capable.

Another issue I wish to address are these claims of purple or white hazing (or fringing, forgive the lack of vernacular) on some of these panels, or the issue of detail, 1:1 pixel mapping, ability to display true 16:9 without distorting (stretching), which leads me to another point, Why are all these monitors 16:10 instead of 16:9? Also, the H-IPS versus S-IPS thing, and what are the benefits and possible drawbacks of the new H-IPS models. Is it just marketing, or is there a discernable difference?

Again, I will try to go back and bring up these issues here with links to the comments on the individual thread pages.

That’s it for now, but again, thanks to everyone who has and will contribute. It is GREATLY appreciated!

Kind Regards,
Mario

It's just the absurd name of an arcade shooter I ran across, no lewd back story there.

An HDMI splitter will output coaxial digital, optical would require some kind of powered converter box. DVI does not imply HDCP, there are plenty of monitors that don't support it. The LP2475w supports HDCP over HDMI and I'm pretty sure the DVI-I ports too, the PX2611W lacks an HDMI port but supports HDCP over DVI-D, and the DS-265W also lacks an HDMI port but supports HDCP over DVI-D.

Older S-IPS panels will have the purple haze from steep angles on dark backgrounds without an A-TW polarizer. The only monitors that currently have one are the NEC 2x90s and other high end professional displays. H-IPS panels have a white haze instead of purple due to subtle differences in subpixel structure. Neither is very intrusive if you're sitting head on, though it can show up in the far corners if you sit close enough.

16:10 over 16:9 just because it gives you more space to work on. It's also handy to have video controls that don't overlap what you want to see ;) I'm not sure which of them have 1:1 or aspect settings besides the HP I own.

Hotdogstorm,

Thanks for clearing alot of things up (including the moniker;)). Do you own the HP LP2475w? If so are you very happy with it? Why did you choose it?

Others are welcome to chime in, please.:)

It seems that all these monitors support HDCP, which is great. If the surround system I plan to buy has coaxial inputs, then HDMI is not essential. I am currently making a table of all features of these monitors so I can coherantly decide, but it seems they are all close, so price, or perhaps size (Yes I know they are the same resolution so bigger panels have bigger pixels) will present the winner.

The only other thing is the level of bleeding between all these monitors because it may be viewed on as much as a 45 degree angle for movie watching. It seems from the pics on this thread ( http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1348148&page=2 ) that the LP2475w has more bleeding than the DS-263n (which is the same panel as the 265) and the 2611. Is this an accurate assessment or are the pictures not really representative of the differences (because of different lighting situations and possibly different angles). I have to admit that the NEC looks amazing, but it is out of my price range. None of these monitors have A-TW polarizers, I assume.

Kind Regards,
Mario

H-IPS is a newer subtype of S-IPS, so they're technically not wrong. I'd point you to this thread about the differences, but ToastyX's hosting seems to be dead. I couldn't find any info saying the HP has a wider gamut than the other two, everything points to 92% NTSC all around.

I do own the LP2475w. I was holding off on buying a monitor until the HP and DS came out to see which was better, I wanted IPS badly but can't afford an NEC. In my eyes the DS fell way short of what it replaced - built in speakers seemed to have replaced other useful features, I really don't like glossy things and its bezel is huge, but this picture of the rear panel turned me off big time.

I mainly liked the HP for the large variety of inputs since this will be my everything screen for a while, Dell is the only other company offering so many and their latest models are crap in terms of price and input lag plus I don't like the company. I wanted something that could pivot, the gamut doesn't turn me off since I like things vibrant and don't do color critical work, and it was a steal for $650. Oh you can also turn off the power LED so it doesn't distract :)

I'm certainly happy with it, though there's always quirks (ignoring a few typos in the OSD, I mean seriously?) like scanning all the inputs takes a minute. I can't really attest to intense usage yet, and I've been on a 5 year old 15" MVA for 3 months after only ever using CRT so anything looks great. Also can't ignore the afterglow of dumping a ton of money on a new toy!

I can't imagine the PX2611w/DS-265W glow any different than the HP since none have the A-TW polarizer. Honestly you won't notice this at all on movies unless it's really dark for a long time with little motion, and even then you'd probably get used to it. It doesn't get anywhere near as severe as VA/TN shifts, and 45° is nothing for IPS. Any amount of color will mask the shift, and I'll notice minor glare from stray lighting on my desk before that.

HotdogStorm,

I am thinking of buying the HP LP2475w as well. The only thing that is holding me back is the issues some users are having with it, namely the green/pink tints on the sides of white screens and probably more importantly, the legibility of text.

I don't remember if you were in the thread on this monitor but do you have any of the issues I'm talking about? How do you find reading text on it?

There's only one place I've found that will ship this in Canada and they don't seem to have that great of a return policy unless there's something wrong with it upon receiving the product so I would have to be dealing with HP directly after I bought it in the event I need a replacement. I want to make sure as much as possible that I will be satisfied with this monitor.

Oh the horrors of buying an LCD. :(

I have quite a few posts in there, but I'll sumarize.

What little color temperature shift I see across the screen on a solid white background doesn't bother me, but I don't have a colorimeter and my eyes aren't trained that well; I have to stand about 6 feet away and strain to see it to begin with. I also don't think the conditions to see the symptons are common enough to worry about unless you're a professional graphics artist, and several of my friends who freelance just live with it even on TN.

I can't really comment on text as I have nothing to objectively compare against. What I can tell you is my eyes don't hurt one bit after using it for over 6 hours, which is a vast improvement over CRT. I don't notice any fuzziness or loss of sharpness after tuning ClearType, and the red fringe isn't noticable from where I sit.

Another problem I read about on the LP2475w thread concerns the wide color gamut on this display. Some seem to imply that if you use the sRGB setting and some customization posted on the thread it or with your graphic card, this can be toned down. I like that I can use this feature (wide gamut) in Photoshop CS3 to produce the most accurate representation, and then tone it down for movie viewing. Is this possible, or does the display still remain very saturated. Some have reported that they HATE the wide gamut and that it is not subtle at all.

Another problem I read about on the LP2475w thread concerns the wide color gamut on this display. Some seem to imply that if you use the sRGB setting and some customization posted on the thread it or with your graphic card, this can be toned down. I like that I can use this feature (wide gamut) in Photoshop CS3 to produce the most accurate representation, and then tone it down for movie viewing. Is this possible, or does the display still remain very saturated. Some have reported that they HATE the wide gamut and that it is not subtle at all.

Got mine pretty toned down, and that's without having to resort to saturation control in graphics card (NVidia only allows you to add saturation anyway). The wide-gamut thing takes a little getting used to, but it's definitely a lot more subtle than on the Dell 2408. If you use Firefox as your default browser you can also get accurate colours in that by enabling the colour management setting.

I heard that syder gets reset often when opening different apps and Powerstrip may be better for my ATI card. Basically, this wide gamut thing is turning out to be something I am leery of the more I read about it. It seems that it may actually hinder my ability to make changes on screen that will transfer to real world printed pictures. Here is a good explanation http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1019&message=4778608. Maybe with powerstrip I can tone down the gamut so this does not happen. If anyone knows anything about this let me know.

Kind Regards,
Mario

I have been reading the manual and according to it, the sRGB setting will produce the standard gamut. Is this not the case?:confused: Toastyx reports that while it gives you the srgb curve, it does nothing for saturation, leaving the monitor overly saturated. However HP claims that it "Sets your screen colors to adapt to the color standards used in
the image technology industry." Of course you cannot always believe what you read!:mad:

Is the problem with wide gamut growing pains that may disappear as it becomes more prevalent?

maybe we could add a list in this thread of sellers that have good return policies as well?

Toastyx reports that while it gives you the srgb curve, it does nothing for saturation, leaving the monitor overly saturated.

Is the problem with wide gamut growing pains that may disappear as it becomes more prevalent?
I'd go with hard numbers over a manual claim. To me it just makes everything look washed out.

It will disappear eventually, the question is how long. I'll be really upset if we see higher color depth and even wider gamuts before software decides to catch up.

OK, I finally got through the 60 pages of HP LP2475w thread and swear I will never post "I just got mine" or "Just ordered mine" again! ;-) I must have read those sentences 200 times each! Anyhow, currently on page 16 of the planar thread.

From what I see, this display suffers from a few things, however some of these may be due to bad samples (I post this with trepidation. Please don’t flame me as trying to scare anyone, I just want to point out what I found out in my read, so if these are issues that are important to someone shopping, they can suss out the legitimacy of the claims I read, I don’t claim to be an expert or know anything (I am a Noob). If anyone can disprove or invalidate any of these claims as false, or add any problems I have not listed, I would be grateful if you let us know! )

1.) Fuzzy Text : Some say theirs is fine, others say no. Some blame clear type) I dunno if it is a preference thing, but fuzzy text has been reported and has been the sole reason for return for Biosphere. Albovin reports that this may be due to Wide Gamut (which I will discuss below) and that calibration may help the fringing that is reported, to a degree.

2.) Slight color banding on the edges and less on middle of Screen: This may be due to quality control, physics or transformer placement. While it has been reported by a few users, it does not seem to be that big of a color "shift" (not shifting) on the edges. On gray screens it shows up as pink on edges. Also darker and lighter bands going down closer to the middle of the screen vertically has been shown, but it was not that prominent and even then, they seemed to be bad samples. Either way, the color is a little uneven on edges and maybe throughout the display, but nothing major in real use, just on solid color scenes.

3.)A little color (white) bleed in the corners when looking at it at sharp angles: The only monitor to my knowledge that has an ips panel that does not do this is the NEC 2490 and 2690 and that is because of their A-TW polarizer. No one, not even the Harzos, have it. Got $1200?

4.) Wide Gamut over saturates everything except in color-managed spaces: I don’t know how much of a problem this is. It seems more like growing pains. I thought for a while to go with an sRGB monitor. However, they are expensive, and employ a color gamut that may become outdated in the near (1-2 years) future(I don’t know this for sure though). Since most everything I am looking at is Wide Gamut, and it seems that this a more prominent, if not almost all encompassing, trend, then I believe that soon everything else (primarily software) will catch up. I believe I can safely say that a wide gamut monitor will give you a better color reproduction in Adobe color space (photoshop) and since I want a monitor primarily for image editing, this would be a plus.
Also, calibrating your screen will help solve this problem. (On a side note I think I am going to get the eye one display 2 because I have read it is the same hardware as the Lacie pro)

These are the flaws I have read about; if anyone has anything to add or attack, feel free to do so.
Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards,
Mario

The 26" wide gamut IPS vs 24" wide gamut IPS is not likely to be much different. Pretty much personal preference (brand, size, price) on this. More issues reported with the HP 2475 right now as it is flavor of the month. I bet the same issues exist with the 26 inch brethren.

Thing like color temp shift across the screen. I never noticed on my NEC 2490, but when i measured across the screen with a colorimeter it was there. A ~6400 to ~6700 shift across the screen. I still can't see it. But I can measure it. This is likely the same on the 26" screens. But no one bothered to measure and complain about it before.

The basic image quality will be the same here. It is more about which brand, features you want for what price.

Thanks Snowdog,
So it comes down to dot pitch and inputs, huh? I dunno, it seems a switcher can give you all the inputs, except the display port, for the DVI-D gives you the same quality as an HDMI and you can just use a hdmi to DVI-D input. However if there are any problems with this assumption let me know.

I don't know how the pixel pitch would affect things. It seems that the same level of detail will be there, just bigger. However, maybe the dot pitch will give you better sharpness, which may be aesthetically better. I think I will go down to the store and take a look at the two sizes.

At this point though, it seems that the HP LP247w will be the winner simply because of its inputs and because I am buying it from a dealer who is also a certified HP repair center.

The one thing that concerns me is their pixel warranty. It would seem that to require 3-5 bad pixels to repair a monitor is excessive. Anyone, know planar's warranty terms?

Seems like the Planar has a 3 dead pixel warranty (Where HP only requires one (not stuck but dead pixel) :-(. But they do have a warranty where they send you a replacement as they check out yours which is pretty cool.

Does anybody know the drawbacks and benefits of a 24 vs 26 in monitor with the same resolution?

Benefits: smaller pixel pitch
Drawbacks: smaller pixel pitch

It's personal preference whether you like sharper images or larger text, there is no other major difference.

OK, I have pulled the trigger on the HP LP2475w after many days of analysis paralysis. Now I have to order the eye one display 2 and try to figure out this calibration thing.

One question I have in respect to this is, if you calibrate your monitor, will it hinder your ability to use the wide gamut in adobe color space? Do you turn your monitor into srgb when you calibrate it, or do you just calibrate it to more natural representation within the wide gamut color spectrum?

Also, as far as management, do I do this with powerstrip or the manager that comes with the ATI 3870HD oc version? I heard that powerstrip is all encompassing.

Man, buying and calibrating a monitor is a huge chore!

Thanks to everyone who helped me make my decision. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!
May the karma gods repay you.

Kind Regards,
Mario

This thread finally has proved to me that I have not been the only "Monitor Weary" geek around. I have struggled with the same issues,(and exact same display selections) as esumsea747. All the way back to the times when I would have given my eye teeth for a couple of the Dell 2007WFP's.--too much time seaching HF threads,ebay,craig's list and every OL retailer, dealnews USA,UK,CAN and local bars etc.

During this time, one of my Dell/Sony P992's has totally STB. The other one is dying, I have ruined my eyes with an overwhelming amt. of info and selective whinings and I have a pinched nerve in my neck from leening to learn about how to not take the chance of getting a few dead pixels.
HP LP2475 it is!!! Along with the retail HP Blackbird 002; a Eurotech highback leather; Logitech wireless Wave and FiOS!!! The 3.0 Dell 8200 and 5.1 Altec 995s will continue to sing all my songs and keep my kids busy. Someone gave my wife 2, 21" HP CRT's and a 15" Lenovo from her office. I get my space, sleep and work/geek time back and rest assured that I will be a happy camper thanks to the efficiency of this 2 page thread. THANK YOU!!

Wait a minute....my boss just ordered several LP2480's...........?

Just to report back, I got the 2475w and as of now I have the following comments:

The backlight bleed is more than I thought.
I am getting a lot of "white bleed" at the corners even looking at it straight on. I will try to post some picks, but at this time, I believe the comments will also be posted on the official thread if they get too technical, which they probably will.

However the text looks sharp and good. I have no problems at all with it. I believe this problem was overblown or my screen does not have this problem.

Widegamut, and least for me, is not that big of a deal. I actually like the colors and I have not calibrated the monitor yet. Yes there are some colors that are more vibrant than usual, but my pictures look very accurate on it. They really come to life.

I am happy with this monitor right now and would recommend it if you dont care about a little bleed.

The only way around this, from what I have read is a AT-W polarizer that the NECs (2490) and some of the older DS-263s employ, but then I would have to live with a reflective screen.

Anyways, that is my report for now.

Glad I could help Tomcaster69,

Yeah, it has gotten to the point where you have to do a dissertation just to find the right monitor or whatever you need in technology land now. Things are moving way to fast and the levels of information are manifold. It can get daunting and that is why I started my thread. I read through over 120 pages of info on this site alone. If I made more money, I would employ someone to do it because I would rather spend the time doing something else. Unfortunately it kills me when I find out I made the wrong purchase, so I find myself doing this all the time. Now I need a new cell phone, god help me! :(

The only way around this, from what I have read is a AT-W polarizer that the NECs (2490) and some of the older DS-263s employ, but then I would have to live with a reflective screen.

I have an NEC 2490 it isn't reflective or glossy. It is matte.

The backlight bleed is more than I thought. I am getting a lot of "white bleed" at the corners even looking at it straight on. I will try to post some picks, but at this time, I believe the comments will also be posted on the official thread if they get too technical, which they probably will.

Sorry, just to correct you, that's not backlight bleed but "white-glow" which is inherrent in any IPS screen not from NEC (the sole users of A-TW polarisers - except for the odd one that has accidentally snuck out on DS screens). Backlight bleed is something different entirely.

Thanks for correcting me. I am glad to know that the only way I could have avoided this in this type of panel was to pay almost twice as much. I will post more info (including pics) once these dreaded midterms are through:eek:.

Hotdogstorm,

How far should I be sitting from this monitor? Currently my head is about 26 - 30" away from the screen.

Again, thanks for all posters for helping me out. I is truly appreciated!:D

That was a joke, I just wanted to see you try sitting 4 feet away... You'll get used to the corner thing if you can even notice it on non-solid colors.

Awesome thread esumsea747 - i'm in exactly the same professional position as you, as a visual creator with the need of a somewhat cheap professional solution. I just made my choice for the HP model as well, thanks to this thread. It's going to be a while for it to come to me though (since I'm in Ecuador), but, anyway's the choice is made. HP LP2475w all the way! Just have question for you: is the white glow too annoying?

I am so glad that this thread has been helping others. I was weary about starting it, since each panel had its own thread, but it was far to much to read all the pages to get the info you need.

I do notice it more than I thought I would, but if it is an inherent feature of the H-IPS that can only be inhibited by the A-TW polarizer (which is only available on the $1200+ NECs) I can live with it because I love the viewing angles of this screen. In fact I love the colors it produces, which are extremely accurate in photography, even without calibration. I do not regret my decision one bit and I AM VERY hyper critical!:eek: I just wish I would have lucked out like toastyx and found myself a DS 263 with the polarizer.

Kind Regards,
Mario

Back