HP LP2475w (Possible new IPS)

I was hoping there would be a firmware fix for the bezel LED off setting not saving on wake-up.

Do I really have to call for a replacement for such a thing? Seems wasteful as the monitor is otherwise great.

Is the 3-year warranty good for all LP2475w's? I got mine on eBay May 2009 from what I hope was a certified dealer. Do they just ask for a serial number?

Last edited:
They ask for serial number. BTW you can check your warranty by yourself at hp.com. Just search.

I just received a new monitor, the first one is still here at my home, nobody asked about it , i found a hp return label in the box and no further details about address , shipping and so on. The problem is that the new panel has at least 3 or 4 stuck pixels on the screen. Now i really don't know what to do, asking for another replacement rightnow, collecting 3 monitor at home or sending back one and waiting a couple of weeks for a new replacement?

How does the height adjustment work on this monitor? i didnt find anything in the manual that explains how to get it to work. I did get it to work once, but now it doesn't go anywhere.

Would be great if i could get it to work since i change the position of how i sit pretty often :) I hated that with my previous monitor stand.

Overall i'm pretty happy with my purchase. I don't like that it goes through every input every time i start it up, if i wanted to browse through all the inputs for some strange reason, then it should be up to me to do that manually, and not a default thing that i have to wait for every time i turn on the monitor.

Response time is really great. I had a TN screen before which i believe was built to be dedicated to gaming, i spent much time looking for one with the lowest latency possible, so i took the one that recieved most praise in reviews for its latency. But i really can't see any difference with this monitor compared to the TN :)

I received a replacement due to a similar defect. New Panel works fine. So far so good.

Interesting. Glad I'm not alone; this started happening to my LP2475w two weeks ago. For me, the brown mark is also on the right side, and in the exact same place as yours (although not quite all the way down). I thought it might have been image persistance at first, but I then realised that none of my applications slant and wave like that. Something's clearly gone wrong with the backlighting.

I bought mine in April 2009, so there's still plenty of time on the 3-year warranty. I may have to get a replacement if it doesn't change. Along with the green-to-pink colour gradient and the botched 1080p support, this is probably the last straw for me.

Last edited:
Just had to have my LP2475w replaced due to the same problem listed above. I had this exact same issue on my HP 2335, though it got much worse, the "blobs" were around every edge.

this is HP screen #6 with the issue (2335 x 4 - LP2475W x 2) none of my other non HP monitors seem to have this problem.

I also had my 2475 replaced for the same issue. They made me go through a lot of hassle on phone support, such as trying the monitor on a different operating system :rolleyes:

The replacement I got seems to be quite new. Manufactured Feb. 2011 with GIG080 firmware. Panel type is the SLA3B revision, which I can't find any reference to on Google.

Sigh, that was quick, I have a new issue already..... a large ~10 pixel black dot high centre of the screen. it shows up in every colour but does not appear to be a dead pixel.. its almost as if there is something at the back of the screen.

just picked up this monitor off ebay. having a hard time calibrating it and wondering if someone could help me. i dont have any expensive calibrating software, just using catalyst controls at the moment.

the first thing i did was take the saturation down a little, helping with the overbearing reds and greens out of the box. beyond that cant find a good combination of settings. would appreciate any advice.

Unbelievable! I already had my monitor replaced (december 2010) because of the dark wave on the right side of the screen, and now the problem is back again when the pc is starting up , but in a different shape, as that there are three waves still on the right side . It's strange they fade away in a few seconds.

Last edited:
ffffffffffk.jpg

as you can see my nearly 3 years old lp2475w worked for over 9000 ;) hours
so i thought about choosing something new

i can get another one for ~480 euro, but bigger pixel would be nice, so to the point:

are there any monitors with:

• IPS screen

• 1920x1200 resolution

• bigger than 24 inches

• that cost 500-600 euro

i know there is plenty that meets any three of those conditions, but all of them?

Just got a replacement with firmware GIG080 rev GIG184 which is fairly new I am guessing. The previous monitor was about to have it's warranty expire on the 17th of next month and had dark waves across the screen (Mostly the top left) that would fade and then get darker during normal use.

The new display has very slight greenish tint on the left and pinkish right but seems to be the case with most of these displays. You have to look hard for it though so not complaining especially since I now have a newer display after 3 years use :)

HP offer fantastic service sending an HP tech around to setup the new display and collect the old one. I have never known a company to offer such great after sales service.

EDIT: Just discovered a dead pixel. Grrr! I am sure it was not there earlier. Seems it just died while in use.

Last edited:
How does the height adjustment work on this monitor? i didnt find anything in the manual that explains how to get it to work. I did get it to work once, but now it doesn't go anywhere.

Would be great if i could get it to work since i change the position of how i sit pretty often :) I hated that with my previous monitor stand.

Overall i'm pretty happy with my purchase. I don't like that it goes through every input every time i start it up, if i wanted to browse through all the inputs for some strange reason, then it should be up to me to do that manually, and not a default thing that i have to wait for every time i turn on the monitor.

Response time is really great. I had a TN screen before which i believe was built to be dedicated to gaming, i spent much time looking for one with the lowest latency possible, so i took the one that recieved most praise in reviews for its latency. But i really can't see any difference with this monitor compared to the TN :)

You can set it to manually go to DVI 1 etc in the video input control section in the display menu. To adjust the height press the button on the inside of the stand at te bottom and press the monitor downwards. You should hear it click as it is released and it is then easy to just move the display up and down (No need to hold the button in once it's released).

Hope this helps.

Perhaps this is a better place to ask this question.

I have an HP lp2475w I bought in September of 2009.

A few months ago, when turning the monitor on I noticed a bunch of small red and green (no blue) pixels. They're sort of scattered - easily 50 to 100 of them. However, once the monitor gets a signal, I've tried everything to get them to show up - I've created colors red, green, blue and put them over affected pixels, along with black and white. I can't find any indication that would suggest to me the display isn't working correctly.

Any idea why that initial power on screen shows a bunch of random stuck on pixels, but once it gets a signal - it works fine? My friend thought it was digital noise.

hey, first time posting here:

I have recently bought one of these display, after careful online research... and if thou I had read about the pink to green issue I noticed all of these posts were dated from 2008 - 2010 so this issue would have been dealt with at this point. Or at least, that I would be lucky enough to get a flawless one...
Well, I wasn't...:rolleyes:

So I have already returned the first unit, now I am in front of my second display and this one also has the green hue one the left and magenta hue on the right.

looking at the back of the panel I can see this one was made in China oct-2011 (rev GIG 184 and the FW GIG 080)

not sure what to do, if I get a third replacement chances are BIG that will have the issue, however a step up from this would be twice as much $$

I will use this for photography, so it is kind of a big deal to have even colours across...

I wonder if anyone has managed to find a FIX for this, or if there is an specific known batch that doesn't suffer from the pink-green issue.

this pic that kind of shows how the same picture looks different across the screen.
HP2475W_ISSUE_01.jpg

thanks,
f

EDIT: btw, I used Xrite colormunki to calibrate it.

There is no fix for it. Continue to exchange monitors until you're satisfied, or choose another brand / model.

There is no fix for it. Continue to exchange monitors until you're satisfied, or choose another brand / model.

that is what I was afraid of...

what about the idea that would get better with time, backlight hours... I am around 80hours now. Is that also not true?

that is what I was afraid of...

what about the idea that would get better with time, backlight hours... I am around 80hours now. Is that also not true?

The green-pink tint will NOT improve with time. If you're sensitive to it (as I am), then you best get rid of that monitor. Otherwise it will irk you everyday, as you notice the tint.

The green-pink tint will NOT improve with time. If you're sensitive to it (as I am), then you best get rid of that monitor. Otherwise it will irk you everyday, as you notice the tint.

that is a real bummer, it is a great monitor for the price. I am looking at other models at the moment.

Nec multisync PA241W being the next level up in price range (around £700):eek:

My HP LP2475w suddenly had a complete power failure the other day. Lucky I got 3-4 months back on the 3 years warranty.

HP support came to my house, had a quick looky, agreed that the power supply was dead, and handed me a new LP2475w. :D Now that I call quality service!

Hello, I want to buy a new monitor and I don't know which of 2 monitors Dell U2410 and HP LP2475w is better. They have problems with overheating? On paper both monitors have almost the same specifications. Recently I saw 2 photos that confused me and the HP panel look have a more pronounced pixel; It's true? I will use the monitor for WebDesign / WebProgramming / Photoshop / ps3 game. Thank you for your help. It's true that the HP LP2475w have a buzzing noise?

Hi:

I have a HP LP2475w monitor and I recently bought a imac 27'' (late 2012) computer. I profiled both monitors. I made two copies of a set of pictures in tiff (from raw) for comparison purposes. When I see the same picture side by side these are the conclusions:

- no significant colour differences.

- no significant contrast differences.

- more definition in the imac (since pixel density is greater), and of course with a bigger display (27 vs 24'').

Firstly I planned to keep the hp for photography, and the imac for other tasks. I expected to find differences in colour, since the hp is wide gamut and the imac is not. But now I'm a bit perplexed: I was told that imac displays are not so good for photography, since they are not wide gamut. Nevertheless now I can't see any color improvement in the hp display (even in pictures with a lot of greens).

What's your opinion?

Thanks in advance.

it just means that the images were taken using srgb color space and you have color management configured correctly.

if color management were not configured correctly, the hp would have oversaturated and inaccurate colors.

if the images were shot in adobe rgb (and assuming whatever you were shooting had colors outside srgb), the hp would still be more vivid, but it would be the imac with the inaccurate colors because it cannot display the entire range of colors.

if you don't shoot in adobe rgb, there's no reason to keep the hp unless you might need the wider gamut in the future.

Back