HP LP2475w (Possible new IPS)

I'm pretty sure Amazon has a "any reason" return policy. I'm not certain baout monitors, but I have returned other products with no issues simply because it wasn't what I was expecting. You do have to pay return shipping - I would think all places would require that.

I just returned a Panasonic 32LZ800 LCD TV for a full refund and they paid return shipping. All I did was tell the lady it didn't work right with my vdeo card, and I was going to exchange it for a computer monitor (HP LP2475) and she said she would make an exception this time.

PC_user, which mean ic an buy my monitor from any place and get it replace by HP....

That is correct. You call the HP Small Business Department and get to the workstations segment. Tell them that you have a certain issue with the monitor and they may try to troubleshoot it with you. Ultimately, what they usually do is a have an HP rep go and pick up the monitor screen only (not the base) from a local warehouse and deliver it directly to your destination. You then connect it, see if it's working, and if all is well, then the technician takes your old monitor back. Very simple and quite convenient.

Ordered this monitor Monday from Advanced PC. Let me just say I hope I actually get the monitor at some point. When I googled this monitor I saw that Advanced PC had free shipping/no tax. So I ordered from web site and chose shipping option that was zero dollars. I get an email from them late on Monday that my order is incomplete and to contact them. So I tried to contact them by phone but business hours were done for the day. So I replied to the email they sent. Next day (Tuesday) another email stating I didn't choose a shipping option and they decided on one for me I just needed to confirm it.

So instead of the $568 google listing I'm up to $590 along with a few other websites. Tuesday comes and goes and I still see my order listed as on hold(pending). Today order status moved to approved and my card was charged, but hasn't shipped yet. Kicking myself for trying to be cheap (should have known free shipping was too good to be true) when I should have gone though a company I know would have had it out the door on Monday. Hoping to see order status as shipped tomorrow but I doubt it will be. After all this, if there is anything wrong with the monitor you can be sure I'm contacting HP straight off. And I know I probably sound like a dickhead for complaining.

You should've gone with one of the more trusted retailers such as Buy.com, Amazon, PCNation, or perhaps HP themselves.

Received my 2475w yesterday. No pink or green tint issues, no dead/stuck pixels. Ordered from Provantage.com. It's an October 2008 build (didn't check the rev or firmware).
This thing is gorgeous!!
:D

RaptorKC, can you please do me a favor... by looking at the rev. number please.. Really do appreciate it...

do you have to pay for shipping at amazon? newegg has it too...... or should I just go with provantage or pcnation... which one would you guys think have high turnover rate and best return polciy? regards.

You guys know of any B&M's carrying the LP2475W? I've checked and checked and come up empty but I'd almost be willing to drive an hour to Chicago to avoid the potential hassle of returning the monitor through shipping. That and I could verify the date code in store.

You guys know of any B&M's carrying the LP2475W? I've checked and checked and come up empty but I'd almost be willing to drive an hour to Chicago to avoid the potential hassle of returning the monitor through shipping. That and I could verify the date code in store.

That would be a great advantage. Unfortunately, I think its mostly limited to internet sales. or perhaps you can find an online retailer that also has local B&M stores that have it in stock.

Do I also need to apply the 2475w .icc file in photoshop CS3 Extended? If not, what color profile should I select within Photo Shop?

Do I also need to apply the 2475w .icc file in photoshop CS3 Extended? If not, what color profile should I select within Photo Shop?

You need to apply the ICC profile for Windows so that the operating system assigns that profile to this specific monitor. Afterwards, all color-aware applications will use that profile. In fact, everything you see on your screen will be referencing that profile.

Everything?
Also IE and windows pic viewer?

The profile is for your monitor to display the gamut (sRGB color space). Color-aware applications (such as Photoshop and Firefox with the management add-on) will read the colors more or less correctly. Other applications will show the colors different because this is a wide-gamut monitor and the applications do not have built-in color awareness. My colors look slightly different between Photoshop and Windows Pic Viewer.

i played with this monitor today and came across one problem. When i plug in the component cable, the screen flicker badly in the dvi mode (when using computer) and when i unplug the dvi cable that problem went away. Are you guys having this problem too>?

You need to apply the ICC profile for Windows so that the operating system assigns that profile to this specific monitor. Afterwards, all color-aware applications will use that profile. In fact, everything you see on your screen will be referencing that profile.

I'm fairly certain that is what I did. I have the TFT Central .icc profile as the only one listed in my Monitor 1 color profile selections. Then my Monitor 2 has an .icm file derived from a Spyder3 Pro calibration. I'm assuming I don't need to do anything other than that. I asked the original question because looking through P.S. CS3, I found a color profile area and wasn't sure I needed to select LP2475w.icc there also. Thanks for all the help PC_User, people like you are an asset to forums like this.

question:

i have an nvidia geforce 7600GT video card. would this card do justice to this monitor or to any 24"monitor?

thx.

question:

i have an nvidia geforce 7600GT video card. would this card do justice to this monitor or to any 24"monitor?

thx.

That video card is perfectly fine (for color reproduction). For gaming and such, you may want to consider upgrading.

After having this monitor for a while now, I've noticed that mine makes a very high frequency hissing-like noise. It's almost like being at a rock concert and when it's over you have temporary tinitus. It took me some time to figure out it's the monitor.

Lower brightnesses increases the sound's intensity. Brightnesses above 60 or so make it mostly go away. And after the monitor has wamed up for maybe 20 minutes, the sound's intensity decreases slightly.

Has anyone else noticed this? I can hear it from about 3 or more feet away but you may have to put your ear to the top or side of the monitor to hear it.

I was afraid for this sound production. 3 times i heard it with a samsung 2443bw...and i returned it!
I cant accept it because its super silent in my room and i hear high freq sound very good...

Can others confirm the noise?

To bad HP...joining the samsung club with sound production out of a DISPLAY! :(

The hissing sound is so faint (and I have good ears) that I can't hear it over my PSU or case fans. Not a problem for me.

After having this monitor for a while now, I've noticed that mine makes a very high frequency hissing-like noise. It's almost like being at a rock concert and when it's over you have temporary tinitus. It took me some time to figure out it's the monitor.

Lower brightnesses increases the sound's intensity. Brightnesses above 60 or so make it mostly go away. And after the monitor has wamed up for maybe 20 minutes, the sound's intensity decreases slightly.

Has anyone else noticed this? I can hear it from about 3 or more feet away but you may have to put your ear to the top or side of the monitor to hear it.

There is sort of a fix for this. You just raise the brightness on the monitor until the sound goes away, then use the video card control panel to lower brightness back to a comfortable level.

anyone connect this monitor to a hdmi or component cable? If so what is the picture quality? and did you notice a flicker while plug in the component or hdmi cable?

There is sort of a fix for this. You just raise the brightness on the monitor until the sound goes away, then use the video card control panel to lower brightness back to a comfortable level.

That is not a "fix" for a 600 bux display... Looking for the eizo/lacie324/nec2490 now...:eek:

I just ordered mine from Amazon for $620 +$4 for 1 day shipping (free trail of Amazon Prime), should have it Wed. the 28th :)

That is not a "fix" for a 600 bux display... Looking for the eizo/lacie324/nec2490 now...:eek:

The noise isn't really a problem. I didn't even notice it at all until I read it here. I have to put my ear directly on the top of my monitor to hear it. No issue whatsoever.

I just ordered mine from Amazon for $620 +$4 for 1 day shipping (free trail of Amazon Prime), should have it Wed. the 28th :)

Good choice. Check to see which version you get and if you experience any of the aforementioned issues.

The NEC is also known to be affected by this issue. It is a common problem to varying degrees with a number of screens.

anyone connect this monitor to a hdmi or component cable? If so what is the picture quality? and did you notice a flicker while plug in the component or hdmi cable?

I have my Xbox 360 connected through HDMI and also have a S/PDIF cable going out from the monitor to my amplifier (Astro Gaming Amp). The picture is beautiful and the sound output works great. Sometimes when selecting a different video source it'll produce a buzz then the sound cuts off. But I've got used to it.

HP arrived finally via fedex. I initially set it up to use HDMI through my ASUS Xonar HDAV which uses a DVI to HDMI cable from my 3870x2. I could tell something was amiss after I logged into Vista. Even with brightness set all the way to the bottom everything was way too bright on the desktop. I threw in a movie which actually didn't look too bad that way, reminded me of a real theater screen. On a hunch I connected the second DVI from my vid card to the DVI on the 2475w and switched inputs. World of difference, brightness and contrast finally looked the way they should. I am wondering if the HDMI pass through on the Xonar maybe needs a driver setting to correct the extreme brightness. Anyway with the DVI it's looking great. Using the TFTcentral color profile. This one is a November 2008 build revision GIG122 with firmware GIG045.

Has anyone bought one of these direct from HP? I'm wondering if they have newer stock. Also, they have refurbs available for $499 with a 1 year warranty - which seems almost decent.

FWIW my 2475 is perfectly quiet, and I'm quite sensitive to the high pitch noise you guys are talking about. Looks like it's luck of the draw.

HB

Also when you have you ear at the back, close to the monitor, and roll the brightness from 100->0->100?

Wow, coming from a 20WMGX2, the saturation is incredible. Got revision 122, no tinting issues.

Red is hard to get....well red. I've got some work to do.

OK, using the TFT Central settings it's closer, but saturation is still wicked. Magenta is retina burning bright. This will take some getting used to for sure.

Uniformity is excellent, no defective pixels, I don't see any backlight bleed at all. Love the quick release VESA mount, it will make it very easy to mount on my Space Arm. Gonna run it through the paces now.

OK, played some STALKER (with OL2.2 mod so nights are dark as hell) and response is excellent, no noticable lag, excellent black-grey details.

It appears that it is a worthy upgrade to the 20WMGX2 with the exception of it bieng wide gamut (oversaturation) and the grainy matte finish (better than Dell though). I think it's a keeper, as long as it does not develope any issues.

I just got one of these from Provantage -- definitely a good choice. Unfortunately, the stand for the monitor is bent and makes it wobble.

For those of you that got an exchange from HP, how did you do it? Did you just call the technical support number listed on the support page?

Back