HP LP2475w (Possible new IPS)

Do you think the release of this monitor has anything to do with the rebates for the current 24" HP monitor that end at the end of July?

I'm looking forward to this monitor the most as I love my HP LP1965 for its build quality. I think I'll buy this LP2475w over the new Doublesight.

I really hope it's IPS and that it has no major faults.

The stand looks like sh*t imo, but i'll gladly pay a bit extra for a different stand if the screen is good.

Can't wait for the first review.

I just called HP USA pre-sales, she has no idea when it's coming out. Oh well. She did say it IS a future product though. LOL.

great.. another one to add to my confusing list of monitors to pick from... :D

Hmm. This morning HP US updated their site with several new models including the LP2275w... but no LP2475w =\

Also just noticed that the HP UK site now has the MSRP listed for the LP2475w, it is £476, (approximately $940 US).

Hmm. This morning HP US updated their site with several new models including the LP2275w... but no LP2475w =\

Also just noticed that the HP UK site now has the MSRP listed for the LP2475w, it is £476, (approximately $940 US).

well its not TN thats for sure, I smell PVA.

God, if the UK price is indicative of the USA price, that would be awesome. Only 5% more than the LP2465??? That will be an IPS panel for about $629. I would be all over that with HP quality vs. the Doublesight.

Looks like the U.S. will have to wait a bit longer. I just spoke to an HP product rep and he had no specific details other than that the LP2475w is still slated for release in the US, eventually.

Jason: Near as I can tell - and there still isn't a solid date, we are looking at mid-to-late August on the release of the LP2475w in the U.S. and we don't have an MSRP noted so far for it either... but not for a lack of trying to dig it up...

Updated the OP with a link to the manual on the U.S. site, and some new information published in the manual;

- 1:1 pixel mapping
- PIP and POP
- Dedicated input select button
- Menu option for disabling front power LED

Me too! My CRT finally kicked the bucket a few months ago and I've been using an old, tiny LCD while deciding on a replacement. After months of trying to justify to myself the cost of the NEC 2490, I was finally about ready to give up and just buy something cheap... then I saw the specs of the LP2475w and I've been drooling ever since. Don't know how much longer I can go without a good monitor...

Wow, great find.
I was waiting for the DoubleSight 265w but a 26" really is a bit too big for me.. 24" is the perfect size, but other than the NEC 2490, there was no real competition.. this might change things up a bit! $650 sounds almost affordable.. Here's to hoping it truly delivers!

September! Gah! I wonder if the 22incher is a PVA or IPS? It seems to have 178 degree viewing angle, which means a non-TN no?

I think the 22" is PVA..
I could be wrong though, but I'm pretty sure it's PVA. If it was IPS I'd go for that probably.

This will be an excellent monitor for the price if it's released at $650. It's got a very rich feature set; the only thing we don't know is if it will come with the A-TW feature.

$650 is really cheap for an S-IPS panel with all those features and inputs. Also, on the US HP site, the monitor spec sheet doesn't list the panel type while the UK site does. I'll definitely be waiting for confirmation that the US model is, in fact, S-IPS like the euro models.

If it turns out to be the same panel as the UK version and sells for under $650... man, HP is gonna have trouble keeping these in stock!

Is this the first 22" PVA monitor? I thought all 22" panels so far have been TN.

lenovo has had the 1920x1200 l220x s-pva out for a while now for $500, this HP for $400 should be a nice alternative though for those who only want 1680x1050

the 24" S-IPS for $650 sounds killer as well

this looks like it is my next monitor

im glad some company is finally stepping up to the plate and putting an S-IPS in the $700 range besides double sight...

The LP2275 is available at bestbuybusiness.com for $466 US. Seems high for a 22in. No sign of the 2475 yet.

Anyone going to buy one sight un-seen (IE no reviews)? I just might do it if I can be assured of IPS panel.

weird

i just had a look on the website of a supplier and found the following:

BTO/HP LP2475w 24 inch LCD Monitor (KD911A4#ABB) --> 554,40 EURO, 0 in stock
HP LP2475 24" Widescreen TFT Monitor EURO response time 6ms 3-3-3 (KD911AT#ABB) --> 450,00 EURO, 88 in stock

is the one with a W a TN / PVA /MVA perhaps? and only the one with a W a real IPS?

Some of the Swedish (less reputable) online stores are now showing this screen as in stock. It seems as if there are two versions of this screen, and the only difference I can tell between them is the part number: KD911A4 vs KD911AT. The AT version seems to be cheaper, $900 vs $1100 (approximate conversion from Swedish prices).

Some of the Swedish (less reputable) online stores are now showing this screen as in stock. It seems as if there are two versions of this screen, and the only difference I can tell between them is the part number: KD911A4 vs KD911AT. The AT version seems to be cheaper, $900 vs $1100 (approximate conversion from Swedish prices).
i've added the part number to my previous post as well...

seems like we're talking about the same 2 different models (with and without "W")

so does anyone know the difference?

Pretty sure the "W" denotes widescreen, and they are both widescreen. I think they just left the w out on the one item description.

If you look on some of the HP sites, they list two different SKUs for the monitor, both with the same model number and IDENTICAL specs... but the cheaper one is listed as a "SmartBuy". Whatever that means. Perhaps it is b-stock or something? I dunno.

Update:

Just spoke with HP pre-sales.

Regarding LP2475w panel type in the US she said:
Jenn: It will utilize an S-IPS panel type in the US.

Regarding the two different SKUs for the LP2275w she said:
Jenn: The difference is just the promotion. The second part number includes the instant savings.

Someone in Germany needs to order this screen already!
It's in stock, and we all need to know how cool it is! :p

Pretty sure the "W" denotes widescreen, and they are both widescreen. I think they just left the w out on the one item description.

If you look on some of the HP sites, they list two different SKUs for the monitor, both with the same model number and IDENTICAL specs... but the cheaper one is listed as a "SmartBuy". Whatever that means. Perhaps it is b-stock or something? I dunno.

Update:

Just spoke with HP pre-sales.

Regarding LP2475w panel type in the US she said:

Regarding the two different SKUs for the LP2275w she said:
you mean LP2475w is suppose?

I have a really hard time believing that a decent IPS would only cost 450 euro... even an average PVA costs 700 euro in the same shop... and the bit decent 24" even cost between 1000 and 1500 euro

450 is the price for a good TN or a crappy PVA...

Just have to wait for release and see some reviews.. If it's a good IPS for cheap, I'm not complaining.

I have a really hard time believing that a decent IPS would only cost 450 euro... even an average PVA costs 700 euro in the same shop... and the bit decent 24" even cost between 1000 and 1500 euro

I don't know anything about European pricing, as I live in the US, but the Euro HP sites clearly state the LP2475w panel type as S-IPS. It is listed in the spec sheet and all promotional material. If they did not list the panel type, then they could legally get away with substituting cheaper panels, as many manufacturer's have been known to do... but if they substitute a PVA or TN panel when the specs say S-IPS that would be fraud.

Here, the LP2475w has an MSRP of $650, which is cheaper than the MSRP of many 24" PVA panels. Once these monitors fully hit the retail channel, I expect to see them selling well under $600. That is about half the price of the only other 24" IPS monitor available in the US. I'm not sure how they can afford to sell these IPS panels so cheap, but I'm not complaining! This monitor is going to be a huge success.

lol.... I said "good TN"... never thought I could tell such lies ;)

but anyway... I'm quite sure there is a real difference between the LP2475W and the LP2475 that explains the difference in price...

I want to believe that the more expensive on (LP2475W) is a real IPS, but the cheaper one (LP2475) would really supprise me to be an IPS..

If you google the model number KD911AT#ABB, it comes up as LP2475w.

Here are some links that show it.

http://www.verkkokauppa.net/cgi-bin/ryhma_out.cgi?ryhmafile=10
http://www.computersources.biz/c2s_products/c2s_ProdDetailsL1.ASP?ID=6&Type=SUPERSTORE&ref=11708843
http://monitoren-tft.centralpoint.n...een-tft-monitor-euro-response-time-6ms-3-3-3/
http://www.hardwarehouse.de/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1420638

I don't know how reliable any of those sites are, or why the monitor is so cheap at the site you went to, but I really don't see any evidence of a second version of the LP2475w. What you saw was probably a typo.

There are two model numbers for this screen.

Try to open the link here and here.
Only difference in the URL's is the last number is 0 and 1.

The modelnumbers are KD911AT and KD911A4, and the specs are 100% identical.

Only difference on the website is "Buy online from an HP preferred partner" and "Find a local partner"
Maybe HP has different modelnumber for different sales channels?

Did anybody else also noticed that on the UK HP site they have 2 types.

One is they make it as soon as you request to purchase, and the other has no stock :confused:

I need to figure out why there are 2 different part numbers and why there is such a price difference between teh 2 :eek:

Back