HP Launches Web Series about Security Starring Christian Slater

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Is there any connection between Slater’s character here and his role in Mr. Robot? I still haven’t watched that show yet, but they seem related. Anyway, this is basically just a slick commercial for HP’s printers and PCs—it is boldly proclaimed that the company’s devices are the most secure in the world. I don’t know about that, but it’s fun to see advertising budgets being flaunted.

HP Inc. today introduced the first of a series of global initiatives to elevate awareness of the security risks facing businesses and consumers. It kicks off with award-winning actor Christian Slater and the premiere of the newly launched HP Studios’ web series, The Wolf, highlighting how corporate networks can be hacked and what companies must do to protect themselves. In the series, Slater systematically hacks a company - from the mailroom to the boardroom - through overlooked vulnerabilities and poorly secured printers and PCs. This first installment reinforces that security is no longer just the responsibility of the network or something at the perimeter, but it's a concern for everyone.

Heh. The production value is pretty good. HPE did a spot featuring the Plano SOC during last season's Mr. Robot as well.

Happy Harry Hard On?!

I liked Slater in the old 80's/90's movies. Gleaming the Cube, Pump up the Volume, Bed of Roses...

That's a well done video. :)

And hps come with mcafee on them hmmmm ya ok and I can infect them with malware too quick.
HP has a nick name in my parts Hope and Pray.

Hahaha......he's Mr. Robot with a shave.

I like the Mr. Robot series. It's pretty good and both the lead actors pull off crazy really well.

HP, who cares.

Now the next big I.T. target will end up being HP itself for being cocky enough to put out such a video so it won't surprise me if it actually happens.

I have to give it to HP that was a pretty good commercial.

HP network printers, now including built in malware! I like it. Next thing you know, they will have tiny wifi routers built into toner cartridges so the hackers in the parking lot can gain access to a lot of boring corporate printouts.

Back