HP L2201x 21.5" 1080p $80

So you can't use HDMI to displayport adapters on this monitor? Seems like it takes only display port to displayports and no adapters.

Don't get an adapter for this. DVI/HDMI -> DP converters are expensive and finicky.

wow this is pretty nice, would get em but jst downgraded my cards and they don't have display ports, lol

How is this monitor for gaming?

The HP Elite L2201x is an ultra-modern, micro-thin business monitor. Creating a picture perfect view in any environment, this is HP's thinnest monitor to date - perfect for notebook users interested in a contemporary, space-saving second monitor.

You clicked on an $80 monitor hoping it had 2ms response time, 120hz refresh rate, and 2560 x 1440 resolution right?

Get serious bro, where do you see that this ultra-portable 21" monitor with 16MS response time was intended for gaming?

You clicked on an $80 monitor hoping it had 2ms response time, 120hz refresh rate, and 2560 x 1440 resolution right?

Get serious bro, where do you see that this ultra-portable 21" monitor with 16MS response time was intended for gaming?

Psycho...

He was asking a simple question, not demanding that it be the end all best gaming monitor ever conceived.

These are MVA panels xellos, they're going to have higher input lag than compared with a TN panel. But you get better color accuracy, lower black levels and better viewing angles. Unless you're really into FPS games, I wouldn't even give input lag a second thought.

actually it would depend on what kind of gaming. maybe he only does turn based strategy games :)

Psycho...

He was asking a simple question, not demanding that it be the end all best gaming monitor ever conceived.

These are MVA panels xellos, they're going to have higher input lag than compared with a TN panel. But you get better color accuracy, lower black levels and better viewing angles. Unless you're really into FPS games, I wouldn't even give input lag a second thought.

Response time != input lag.

High response time results in ghosting.

I actually did some research on this as I was considering buying one to bring to LANs (though I havent been to a LAN in like a year :(). The input lag should be pretty good as it is a straight DP monitor with no OSD etc. Response time is ok. It is listed as 16ms however it is not grey-to-grey. I looked up similar LCDs with the same AUO MVA panel and the reviews say it has decent response time (the newer MVA panels all seem pretty good in this regard).

Anyway I bought one for my sister to take to college.

Response time != input lag.

High response time results in ghosting.

Ok you didn't even read what I stated. Most monitors now days are rated as "gaming" monitors if they have low input lag. Under 20ms is a pretty good starting place.

MVA monitors almost never have low input lag because they require image processing for pixel overdrive. WIthout overdrive their pixel response time would be significantly longer, and you would have ghosting.

TN panels rarely require significant overdrive (or none at all), so their image processing is very rapid or non-existent. Hence their low input lag.

Ok you didn't even read what I stated. Most monitors now days are rated as "gaming" monitors if they have low input lag. Under 20ms is a pretty good starting place.

MVA monitors almost never have low input lag because they require image processing for pixel overdrive. WIthout overdrive their pixel response time would be significantly longer, and you would have ghosting.

TN panels rarely require significant overdrive (or none at all), so their image processing is very rapid or non-existent. Hence their low input lag.

Again, response time and input lag are two completely separate variables. You can have a low pixel response time and still have input lag.

What's with the rage in this thread? People losin' their shit over a freaking monitor...

Not a bad deal, OP. Too bad there's no way to make it vertical or adjust the height. I think it would look good next to my iMac at work, but the height and angle are definitely wrong.

Please go get this

Xanax%201%20mg.jpg

From this

12.27-doctor.jpg

Again, response time and input lag are two completely separate variables. You can have a low pixel response time and still have input lag.

Are you sure you're even reading what I'm saying. When did I even remotely confuse the two metrics?

Input lag and pixel response time for most MVA monitors ARE closely linked. To have low pixel response time with a VA monitor you typically need high pixel overdrive. To have high pixel overdrive, you need image processing. If you have image processing, you have high input lag.

Please read what you are replying to before incorrectly responding.

How is this monitor for gaming?

depending on where the reader puts the emphasis on this sentence, it could be a serious question asking how well the monitor will work for gaming.

too much nerd-rage in this thread.

Back