HP is selling computer WITHOUT mouse

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
nomousec.jpg

I like their sense of humor

I paid $1600 for this Z400 workstation

That's almost as funny as

"Keyboard error or no keyboard present. Press F1 to continue"

I don't think modern computers do that anymore though, but it used to be common. Always had a laugh from that.

I don't know any OS, Linux or Win, that doesn't use a mouse. Why would any1 order a computer w/o a mouse? What are they thinking? That I program in machine language

Now I'm waiting for HP to get back to me how to resolve this shipment next Mon.

It sounds like you may have accidentally clicked [No Mouse (subtract $4)].
When I configured one just now it defaulted to including the mouse. It gave me the option of no mouse to save $4. It seems quite reasonable to make no mouse a non default option with a strong warning that you will need to already have one or need to get one.

Last edited:
Why did you get a PC from HP? Is work reimbursing you?

A lot of people are attached to their input devices and don't purchase a new computer with a mouse/keyboard because the one they are using is their preference. Lots of people do this.

When I used to purchase machines in our IT dept for our engineers, they almost always had a mouse or trackball already that they preferred to use. So we would order their machines without mice.

Yeah, it makes sense if you already have or are going to get a gaming mouse.

Honestly @ a lot of work places I've been at, they tend to have a ton of extra mice because a lot of employees will purchase their own more comfortable (ergonomic) mice and just give the stock one to IT to keep as back up. I know I would prefer to save the money for something else.

Drama.jpg

Besides what do you expect from company which doesn't provide usb cables for 400 euro printers?

Why did you get a PC from HP? Is work reimbursing you?

I order it for a client. I am not aware there is any "Build To Own" package w/ HP, unlike Dell. So all HP professional workstation are pre-package in a box, you can't add or subtract anything

I don't know any OS, Linux or Win, that doesn't use a mouse. Why would any1 order a computer w/o a mouse? What are they thinking? That I program in machine language
The same reason you'd order a computer without a monitor, because you already have one or prefer to order one of your choosing separately.

I have always thrown the Dell keyboards and mice into the trash and used a premium Logitech product, which is a waste of their and my money, and contributes to landfills.

Who wants the crappy mice they ship with computers these days. There are so many great options that are cheap and offer more features.

I don't understand. You selected the "no mouse" option, and now you're complaining that they didn't give you a mouse?

Wow its just like how when printers come with a USB cable, its a feature that is written in bold words on the side on the box.

"USB CABLE INCLUDED"

Whine whine whine... My first computer was purchased from a thrift store for $5 and I had to Tab-navigate around Windows 3.1 for weeks until I could mow enough lawns to afford an overpriced serial mouse from the local computer store. :D

All I see is whining in this thread *facepalm*

I think shadowghost basically nailed this, I don't even know why this is even a thread. Go to Fry's, Microcenter, Best Buy, etc and buy a cheap mouse. Done. That was hard and you don't even need to spend the time posting a thread!

Save $4 by not getting a mouse? Sounds like a deal compared to dell:

iohl6x.jpg

$20 to not have a mouse included with Dell.

$20 to not have a mouse included with Dell.
Well obviously its because they have to pay some guy to reopen the box, dig through it to find the mouse, put it together, and tape it all back up before shipping... ROFL! :D

I wish a manufacturer would team up with Logitech, to at least make it an option and split the difference between the cost of their cheapo peripherals w/ a nice MX Revolution.

Well obviously its because they have to pay some guy to reopen the box, dig through it to find the mouse, put it together, and tape it all back up before shipping... ROFL! :D

Wouldn't they still have to box up the computer if you did a customized order? I still just find it funny how its $20 to NOT include something!

I forgot what product that was for, I took that screenshot like a year ago.

Just another reason why I think HP is up there with one of the worst OEMs.

This has got to be a bad joke. I thought HP was always very good. Owh well, i've been using my notebook for over 4 years already, i don't even need a mouse anyway. :p

Man...the mouse that usually comes with systems anyway is kinda crappy..... Better of going out and buying a nicer mouse that might last longer, and perhaps have a few desired bells and whistles!

They assumed you were using Gentoo + AwesomeWM where you wouldn't need a mouse to use a computer..

Come on now ;)

Double check your invoice or call your sales manager. Usually if you purchase for a business, I would think that you were assigned a sales manager, at least that was the case for Dell when I purchased a server. I was contacted by my sales manager after my sale to make sure I didn't need anything else and I did end up purchasing more through him.

If you're plannng on dealing with their call center to work this out, best of luck to you.

Wouldn't they still have to box up the computer if you did a customized order? I still just find it funny how its $20 to NOT include something!
All the dells i've seen recently have come with a seperate "accessory box" inside the main box that contained keyboard,mouse, disks etc.

Back