HP Gaming Surface Mousepad (w/ VoodooDNA) - $9 shipped

Z(+)DIAC

2[H]4U
UPDATE: DEAL IS DEAD...FOR NOW

Hello fellow Hardforum'rs,

So I came across this pad while looking for some pc accessories over at HP. Looks like they have their:

"Gaming Surface Mousepad with VoodooDNA" for $11.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/store/product/product_detail/FQ470AA%2523ABA?aoid=35252

fq470aa_300.jpg

Use coupon code: AC3478 to receive 20% off

Shipping is free.

Total should be about $9

Note: You cannot stack "Bing-Cashback" with coupons

From what I gather, it's a "hard surface" pad and not the traditional flimsy cloth-based mousepads.

Last edited:
Is this any similar to Func rough surface? Or just plane flat hard surface?

Is this any similar to Func rough surface? Or just plane flat hard surface?

I don't have one personally, but a member of a gaming community I'm part of does. From what he said, it is semi-hard and semi-soft (insert 'That's what She Said/Penis Joke Here*)

So I'm not sure if "Func" pads have a similar composition.

Frys has these, I picked up the package to feel it. Slick surface with aluminum like reflection coating. stiff like a steel pad (might have just been the packaging)

The ratpadz annoys the hell outta me. After a while, the thing wears away and the surface doesn't glide the mouse like it should. I bought 2 of these and I will never buy them again. The func pad smooth and rough side is still in good shape after 3 years. The ratpadz lasted me 6 months before it wore away.

The ratpadz I think fucks up your mouse feet. Mine were complete worn after awhile on my MX518. Anyone looking for a alternative should check out steelseries. Amazing mouse pads and the bottom of my mouse is still like new. Probably the best $10 I have spent on a PC accessory.

Ratpadz GS suck. The surface erodes in a few months, tops. Happened to both the ones I got. Don't know if the XT version fares any better. I got mine a week ago so I guess I'll find out.

Ratpadz GS suck. The surface erodes in a few months, tops. Happened to both the ones I got. Don't know if the XT version fares any better. I got mine a week ago so I guess I'll find out.

My XT is on 2 years now, still going fine. The GS does wear out super fast though.

Unsure, but if you get a ratpadz you won't regret it.

Bought it, regretted it, returned it.

The surface area was quite small compared to my MX518 and G5. I just could never used to it. Customer support was really awesome though about it. Got a full refund (including shipping costs).

I got the XT... it rocks and still going strong. The mouse feet may wear out, but the Razer DA mouse has decently thick mouse feet so I'm not even close to worried yet. Also the surface can kind of wear on your hand if you tend to drag your hand on the mousepad alot.

Don't get the Ratpad GS just go for the XT its so worth the money. I would have paid twice as much.

Back