HP DV6-6145DX Refurb $399 (loaded)

Very nice laptop, I have the hybrid crossfire version (see sig.), also bought refurbished. Was in like-new condition, I couldn't find any blemishes. Even the rubber feet were new.

Ergonomics could be better like HD led on the side on the computer where it's hard to see, but overall I'd recommend this laptop. Screen hinge is solid.

Oh, and as linked above, the A8 can overclock and UNDERCLOCK like a beast. Underclocking is very nice on battery...

I too bought one of these refurbished last year for 430. I can honestly say that it is a great laptop. The graphics card far outperforms the HD 3000 for games even though the CPU is slower than a Intel. I added an SSD for the fun of it. Love the laptop.

Just be aware that the screen on these things is terrible. If your like me it will drive you up the wall in no time.

I bought an HP DV7 with A6-3400 and very happy with it for the $425 i paid. 17" 1600x900 screen is actually a lot better then what im use to -- not sure if the DV6 is similar quality or not.

I run mine at 2.4ghz 24x7 with no issues and still have great battery life.

I bought an HP DV7 with A6-3400 and very happy with it for the $425 i paid. 17" 1600x900 screen is actually a lot better then what im use to -- not sure if the DV6 is similar quality or not.

I run mine at 2.4ghz 24x7 with no issues and still have great battery life.

How do you set it to run at 2.4 24/7? I just have mine set to High Performance on the battery section.

Just got mine, it's an refurb but wow it looks clean and brand new. It did have two deep scratches on the side as if someone dropped it on asphalt but it works fine.

The laptop is amazing, sure the screen resolution sucks for an 15.6inch but for $400, I don't think anyone would complain.

Another thing, it plays Microsoft flight simulator X on ultra high settings? :eek:
This is an beast.

@ReconSniper, you can use kstat10 to overclock the cpu. Read up on it first though, it's extremely easy.

Its not so much the 1366x768 res thats bad, its the quality of the screen itself. Ive had laptops with even lower res screens before with less screen door effect and such bad color/contrast.

Back