HP drivers for Win7

InorganicMatter

[H]F Junkie
Despite everyone saying they use Vista drivers okay, mine aren't working at all in Windows 7. It's an OfficeJet L7580.

This printer isn't even a year old. If they screw me over like they did with Vista, I'm going to be really pissed. :mad:

Do Vista drivers exist? If so, those are the ones to use. Nobody can realistically expect every piece of hardware out there to be supported by an OS in late beta stage/release candidate stage - yes, Windows 7 is freakin' awesome, but it ain't all that... :D

If the printer is a year or so old, there better be a damned Vista driver for it, and if not, if HP still hasn't supported it under Vista, sounds like you need to start taking your business to some other brand.

But if a Vista driver does exist, installing it in Compatibility Mode under Windows 7 should work just fine... also, make sure the printer is attached and powered and hit Windows Update just to see if anything turns up.

Connect the printer and tun it on.
Check Windows update, under optional updates.

Good example of a reason not to upgrade drivers unless your having issues. There should be zero reason why you can't simply plug that printer in, turn it on, and have 7 use it's provided drivers. Uninstall the drivers but do not delete the entry from device manager because you risk losing the provided drivers as well.

Good example of a reason not to upgrade drivers unless your having issues. There should be zero reason why you can't simply plug that printer in, turn it on, and have 7 use it's provided drivers. Uninstall the drivers but do not delete the entry from device manager because you risk losing the provided drivers as well.

The OfficeJets are *multi-function devices*, which have ALWAYS been problematical, regardless of brand (in short, it's NOT just HP-specific issues). HP's *DeskJets*, on the other hand (the USB DeskJets in particular) are generally what PlugNPrint *should* be like; I like knowing that I can take a DeskJet with USB (of practically any age; my own 940C predates XPSP2), connect it to a computer running any OS and be *up and printing* in less than sixty seconds. (By any OS, I mean *exactly that*; I'm including not just Linux, but Solaris and MacOS, in addition to every flavor of Windows from 2000 Pro to 7.)

If that device includes a fax I can see. I have an all-in-one that was plug-n-play ready with 7 Epson rx680

Back