HP Aero 13.3" (400nits) with Ryzen 7 5800U (Zen 3), 16GBs, 512GB... $683

Status
Not open for further replies.
dang it!

It worked, it just didn't like my Firefox security add-ons!

Last edited:
Honey also hit me with a $50 Gold offer when I visited the page on my desktop with the extension active.

Pending...

That's a great price. I don't see how anyone shopping for a laptop right now could go wrong, unless they have some specific need addressing.

not bad, for those who value lightweight portable gaming in a package a whole lot less clunky than Steam deck

Envious much?

Unfortunately the motherboard on this uses about 2-3% of battery per 24 hours even when fully off, which is far higher than any other laptop I've seen. Small downside for decent laptop though.

Unfortunately the motherboard on this uses about 2-3% of battery per 24 hours even when fully off, which is far higher than any other laptop I've seen. Small downside for decent laptop though.
That is the weirdest complaint I have ever heard for a laptop...

So it'll only hold charge for almost 2 months while off? I think most people can handle that.

That seems excessive.
Have you chatted with HP support (nevermind, that's probably more painful than chatting with AT&T, SWBell or Dell)
Do you have the latest bios? (Windows update could have installed it)
Do you have wake-on lan enabled or are any of your USB ports "power delivery" ports enabled (deliver power when the laptop is turned off, setting in the bios)

That seems excessive.
Have you chatted with HP support (nevermind, that's probably more painful than chatting with AT&T, SWBell or Dell)
Do you have the latest bios? (Windows update could have installed it)
Do you have wake-on lan enabled or are any of your USB ports "power delivery" ports enabled (deliver power when the laptop is turned off, setting in the bios)
It is.
I have, unfortunately. It's as fun as you can imagine.
Yep.
No and no, since those typically cause the device to be in a higher-power state.

Not the end of the world but figured it was worth mentioning.

Really strange. Are you sure it's really 'off' instead of some sort of weird hyper low power standby?

Really strange. Are you sure it's really 'off' instead of some sort of weird hyper low power standby?
Absolutely. First thing I did when I received it was turn off hybrid sleep, fast startup, modern sleep, S3/S5, etc.

Snowknight26
The only other thing I can think to try would be to reset the bios to factory defaults. You'll have your answer in a day if that makes a difference.

Snowknight26
The only other thing I can think to try would be to reset the bios to factory defaults. You'll have your answer in a day if that makes a difference.
Did that last week after I got it back from one of HP's repair centers. Reset it and turned off a few settings that could allow for power draw while off. Still exhibits the same thing. C'est la vie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back