HP 2709m Semi-Glossy 27" LCD = $265 LIMITED TIME!!!

mista ting

Gawd
HP has a limited sale right now 25% off monitors, not only that you get 20% instant cash back from Bing and free ship!!! you will not find a better 27" out there this is superior to the LG and Hanns 28" because of the Glossy panel. though it is TN like the others, the glossy panel will make the colors seem as if it were an IPS. it also has a semi anti-reflective coating "brightview technology" works good. I've seen it in person and i cant tell any difference in colors vs a Dell 2007WFP S-IPS. viewing angles are ok for a TN they go dark at only extreme angles. with the "brightview technology" the glossy didn't bother me one bit. i just ordered this bad boy the site is going really slow cause of the sale get on it before its gone.

click link keep clicking search until you see "Save Big on HP Computers & Get 20% Bing Cashback.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=hpshopping&go=&form=QBRE&qs=n

add it to cart and pay with paypal to get instant cashback

27-inch diagonal and viewable image
Res: 1920 x 1080
Ratio: 16:9
BriteView technology
Light Sensor
1 DVI-D connector
1 HDMI connector
1 VGA connector
1 audio port
Viewing angle: 160/160 degrees
Recommended resolution (H x V) 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz
Contrast ratio Up to 1000:1
Dynamic contrast ratio Up to 3000:1
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...aoid=20715&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=NT188AA#ABA

Last edited:
superior to the LG and Hanns 28" because of the Glossy panel.

Am I the only one that absolutely HATES glossy panels? It seems like we've gone back in time 15 years, when monitors were shiny/reflective/glossy, hard to read in anything but pitch black rooms.

I, for one, am willing to sacrifice a minimal amount of "pop" in colors for a usable screen.

Am I the only one that absolutely HATES glossy panels? It seems like we've gone back in time 15 years, when monitors were shiny/reflective/glossy, hard to read in anything but pitch black rooms.

I, for one, am willing to sacrifice a minimal amount of "pop" in colors for a usable screen.

I hate it too, can see shit but my ugly face.

this is NOT a full out glossy screen it has "brightview" which is a semi anti-reflective coating. don't think its a mirror it blocks out reflections efficiently while still being a glossy and making the colors pop

Everything is out of stock when I look at HP. Literally every monitor.

I guess OP is one of the lucky ones who's blind thinking this matches an IPS LOL

hey i'm coming from a 2007WFP S-IPS....and i seriously can say the 2709m is at the same level if not a little better from what i saw. S-IPS is overhyped these newer TN's are no joke.

Everyone can choose NOT to buy a monitor with a glossy screen. Right?
TN panels are inferior to high-end panels and using a non-reflective screen degrades the colors/image even more.

I like it because I can control the amount of light in my office.
This monitor closely resembles the "styling" of the 24" Apple monitor.

Everyone can choose NOT to buy a monitor with a glossy screen. Right?
TN panels are inferior to high-end panels and using a non-reflective screen degrades the colors/image even more.

I like it because I can control the amount of light in my office.
This monitor closely resembles the "styling" of the 24" Apple monitor.

how does it degrade the colors? it gave it the coming out the screen feeling when i saw it

I guess OP is one of the lucky ones who's blind thinking this matches an IPS LOL

That's what I'm thinking. :)

hey i'm coming from a 2007WFP S-IPS....and i seriously can say the 2709m is at the same level if not a little better from what i saw. S-IPS is overhyped these newer TN's are no joke.

Comparable to IPS panels? I think not, sir. IPS overhyped, especially compared to these inferior (and glossy) TN panels? Try again.

how does it degrade the colors? it gave it the coming out the screen feeling when i saw it

Read my post again.

Non-glossy screens degrades the image of TN panels further since they are using cheap materials. On most high-end monitors it doesn't make a difference.

Some of the monitors have too much anti-glare coating and they ruin the picture quality.
Doesnt matter if they are IPS or TN. I had the Dell 3007 30" IPS panel and they use way too much anti-glare coating on that monitor........gave it a grainy look.

Nice monitor I had one, had to return it because of a dead pixel dead center. Picked up a u2410. The 2709m at $265 is a great deal.

go see it in person even the smaller sizes and you will think different

I have seen it in person and even used a different HP TN-panel glossy monitor for about a week. Couldn't stand it so I got rid of it and went with their awesome LP2475w H-IPS instead.

I have tried to go to the HP site without going through bing and I can now see the monitors but if I go through bing cash back they say OOS. Then if I switch over to IE from FF I can see these items in stock what are the chances this will work on other monitors IE non TN panels.

Since when does glossy = superior?

Also cashback is now at 20%

If you wish to debate screen gloss, take it to Displays....otherwise this is [H]otDeals...buy it or not. It's up to you.

Is it out of stock? It's showing in stock for me.

This is a beautiful looking monitor, if it was 1200 instead of 1080 I would have purchased it in a heartbeat.

I have tried to go to the HP site without going through bing and I can now see the monitors but if I go through bing cash back they say OOS. Then if I switch over to IE from FF I can see these items in stock what are the chances this will work on other monitors IE non TN panels.

weird i see them both as out of stock?

Currently I'm not seing the 20% cash back, but use coupon code (SVMY478761) to get $20 off of the already discounted price to get a total of $140.00 off.

Currently:
$449.99
$-120.00
$-20.00
------------
$309.99 + Free Shipping + Tax

Back