HP 24" W2408H (refurbished) $200 shipped

Anyone can reset the hours, it's in one of the options,

Yah, I realize this, but by doing so the end-purchaser has no clue on how old the thing really is or how much usage is on the display/backlight. I would make a leap and guess that if the figures are 0 or damned close to it that the backlight or even the LCD panel itself was the reason for the refurb in the first place, and ones with higher figures were for some other reason. That's the most likely reason why some of us have units with somewhat low figures and others are ridiculously high...

And some are apparently nearly new, or so the numbers claim. :)

There was a link a page or 2 back of the monitor being sold on geeks.com and a few other places for slightly more.

Off topic, but if someone wants to buy mine from me, I will make them a deal. I just don't need it.

Yah, I realize this, but by doing so the end-purchaser has no clue on how old the thing really is or how much usage is on the display/backlight. I would make a leap and guess that if the figures are 0 or damned close to it that the backlight or even the LCD panel itself was the reason for the refurb in the first place, and ones with higher figures were for some other reason. That's the most likely reason why some of us have units with somewhat low figures and others are ridiculously high...

And some are apparently nearly new, or so the numbers claim. :)

From reading this thread there are members who says they have different panel, some say they got an LG panel and some say they got Samsung panels with theirs. I agree with you Joe Average that if the hours are low or near zero, chances are they replace the panel because it was bad. If they have long hours on it that probably means the panel weren't the problem. My unit look spanking new... at least the panel. The stand have a small scratch... no biggie!

Received one from Geeks.com. It's a Samsung panel and is much better than the LG panel in another one I got from buy.com. Dithering is much less noticeable than on the LG panel. No dead/stuck pixels that I can see. casing has some scratches but the panel looks perfect. it shows 0 hours, so i'm sure it was resetted.

edit: backlight bleed is minimal.

I'm surprised people are seeing scratches or ANY signs of use, I am actually LOOKING for
any signs of use and this thing looks brand-spanking new to me, not one single smudge or scratch or dead pixel at all.

just ordered it from computer geeks with a nice swivel mount and hdmi cord, 315 bucks :X well worth it though :)

i need to stop buying stuff lol

I'm surprised people are seeing scratches or ANY signs of use, I am actually LOOKING for
any signs of use and this thing looks brand-spanking new to me, not one single smudge or scratch or dead pixel at all.

you're a lucky one then

Same with me, mine seemed brand spankin new. I took off the stickers and it says HP W2408H in the bottom right, the only thing that's not HP is the middle logo on the front ;)

Same with me, mine seemed brand spankin new. I took off the stickers and it says HP W2408H in the bottom right, the only thing that's not HP is the middle logo on the front ;)

Click!

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Mine finally arrived from mwave. Oh My God I was so damn scared when I found all those banged up marks and scratches on the stand, also the monitor was covered in dust everywhere! I wiped it clean and found that the monitor was in overall good condition, but with obvious signs of use on the stand. Oh well I don't care about the stand, I have the geeks.com monitor arms. I took that crap off and mounted it along side my puny 19inch lcd. Wow this thing is huge.

All of my fears were settled when I turned it on and was in my desktop. I did a quick scan with a calibration program and found NO dead/stuck pixels. I'm still being shocked by the size of this thing, The box was as big as the box for my case!

Question for you guys. I'm going to order this on friday when I get paid. I'm not sure if I want the one from Mwave or Geeks. One is dvi and the other is hdmi. I want the one with the samsung panel. Is that the dvi or the hdmi version?

I also know that the two models are TS-24W8 and TS-24W8H. I'm assuming the H represents hdmi. Is there any way to know for sure which uses a samsung panel before buying.

if i get my job and when i pay off my $500 debt im soo getting this and i think I'll ditch my 22".

Question for you guys. I'm going to order this on friday when I get paid. I'm not sure if I want the one from Mwave or Geeks. One is dvi and the other is hdmi. I want the one with the samsung panel. Is that the dvi or the hdmi version?

I also know that the two models are TS-24W8 and TS-24W8H. I'm assuming the H represents hdmi. Is there any way to know for sure which uses a samsung panel before buying.

The HDMI one has a better panel, but you aren't guaranteed to get a Samsung panel. There are two versions, LG and Samsung for the 24W8H, and it seems like most people are getting a Samsung. You will probably get one, but there is the chance of not getting a samsung panel.

I'm saving up for this monitor simply because my Samsung doesn't do 1:1 pixel mapping with my ps3 so it stretches 1080p and I can't stand it.

then don't buy it
simple as that
now leave the thread, thanks

Is glossy be a problem in an office environment? I know they pick up reflections, but I'm not sure if it'll be an issue or not. FWIW, my monitor faces out towards a window (though it's about 20' behind me). There's also far too many fluorescent lights, but I don' think they'll hurt.

I just want a decent 2nd monitor for work, and I know the companies to cheap to buy one (and another video card, since the dlel only has one head....but I have a spare doing nothing around here).

Thanks.

Is glossy be a problem in an office environment? I know they pick up reflections, but I'm not sure if it'll be an issue or not. FWIW, my monitor faces out towards a window (though it's about 20' behind me). There's also far too many fluorescent lights, but I don' think they'll hurt.

I just want a decent 2nd monitor for work, and I know the companies to cheap to buy one (and another video card, since the dlel only has one head....but I have a spare doing nothing around here).

Thanks.

I don't see the glossy as a problem, but you may or may not depending on the position of the lights and various other factors (sun shining through window, etc)

I'd say that you should go with another monitor, maybe a 22"? Would be in your price range.

A good way to know if you wont mind glossy. Go to a bestbuy and look at glossy screens. You will notice a shit load of reflections etc.

I don't see the glossy as a problem, but you may or may not depending on the position of the lights and various other factors (sun shining through window, etc)

I'd say that you should go with another monitor, maybe a 22"? Would be in your price range.

22" is only 16x10 resolution....I just wanted to know if anyone has used them in a typical office setting.

22" is only 16x10 resolution....I just wanted to know if anyone has used them in a typical office setting.

i would say about every business i have been to uses Matte screens instead of glossy, overheads lights or light behind you = not fun for long periods of time and if you cant do antyhing about it

wish I could find a reason to buy this, I personally love glossy I never use lights in my room. I have a 24" westinghouse that is just as good as this so I have no real reason to buy it.

This is a very nice monitor for 200 bucks guys...I bought two with intent to sell, but I liked it enough to keep one as a spare - for xbox360 and ps3 purposes - the 1:1 hardware scaling is very nice, and the monitor fixed aspect and full screen scaling if you prefer that way --- is the best of any monitor I've seen.

I went ahead and bite on the deal, too bad I have to pay CA tax and $16 disposal fee....chose bill me later...

Kind of late to respond to you if you ordered yours already. I ordered the DVI version from mwave. According to a quick google search, I got the LG panel. I'm thinking about selling this to my friend since the viewing angles are pretty terrible on the one I got... My friend does not mind the viewing angles.

well that was quick, it's gone again on buy.com

Thanks for the reply. I ended up waiting a few days and got the hdmi version from buy.com when it came back in stock. It should be delivered tomorrow. Crossing my fingers on it being a samsung panel.

Mine arrived today and looks brand new. I didn't get lucky with a Samsung panel though, but everything is looking great. I also ordered a Dell 2209WA so I'll compare and see which I want to keep. I haven't had a chance to hook it up and test yet though, I'm waiting for a hdmi adapter for my macbook.

Mine arrived today and looks brand new. I didn't get lucky with a Samsung panel though, but everything is looking great. I also ordered a Dell 2209WA so I'll compare and see which I want to keep. I haven't had a chance to hook it up and test yet though, I'm waiting for a hdmi adapter for my macbook.

I think this monitor might be a little bit too big for me and my setup. The glare might be too much with a window directly behind me as well. I might have to return this, the 22" may be more suited I think. Does anybody know what Buy.com's return policy is on these? I didn't see anything specific for monitors or refurbs. That or I might try to sell it. Anybody miss out on this deal and looking to buy one?:D

Back