HP 1GB DDR II - 667 MHz $7 AR

or ONLY supports single sided memory...

srsly doubti t though... sounds like something is broken on your board

No if something would have broken it would not work on the first place. I had this problem with my OLD AMD Motherboard, and when i installed 1GB sticks it was reading 512MB, any body else has any thoughts on this ?

Is this deal dead? It shows $13 after MIR now. Am I doing something wrong?

Nope, it's dead. They raised the price before rebate to $33.

Thing is, this deal has come and gone for months now, so don't be too surprised if you see it drop back down to around $3 after rebate. Just keep an eye on it and it should go back down eventually.

No if something would have broken it would not work on the first place. I had this problem with my OLD AMD Motherboard, and when i installed 1GB sticks it was reading 512MB, any body else has any thoughts on this ?

Well, ram incompatibility is a black art and a common problem. You have to grant it shows up on AMD mbs more than you'd like. I think you said you'd flashed up to the current bios. That's step 1.

Be handy to try other 1 or 2 g sticks that are known good. Also worthwile to remove any other ram and try one stick in slot 1 of bank 0 and in slot 1 of bank 1. Also worthwile to check for bios options and REDUCE the fsb from 133 (quad pumped 533) to 100 (aka quad pumped 400), if possible

Next, I'd check the manual or best .pdf for any tips: Are ANY single slot 1 gig ok? Are ONLY single bank (dual slot) 1 gig sticks approved? If the first is no and the second yes, (GASP) may be time to call the mb tech support or ram (in this case, HP, sorry) support to look for help. I didn't catch the mb brand and model, but there may be forum support for it.

I don't know how old the mb is, but remember how slow AMD was to get on to ddr2 and if it's an early release of initial support this could just be a hard incompatibility. The odds favor a configuration problem as opposed to a defect.

RAM problems show up on Intel boards.

Remember everyone going OMG E6300 + massive 1066MHz RAM + Intel i965 = OVERCLOCK

And everyone built their machines and the SPD on their RAM was set at some astronomical value and the board was like "I'm not booting until you put some JEDEC in me and then we'll try this again once YOU bump MY voltage."

Does anyone have the original rebate form for this RAM? I ordered 5 sticks and meant to grab the rebate forms later, but the offered ended, and the forms aren't there for me to get anymore. So I was wondering if anyone had the blank forms still from their purchase?

I ordered 3 sticks of this ram and i have tried 2 of them so far. I cannot get the 1gb sticks to show up as anything more then 512mb sticks. I am running on a crappy ECS P4M800PRO-M V2 mobo and these 1gb sticks are showing up the same as my old 512mb stick. i've tried flashing the BIOS and anything else i can think of. anyone having any similar issues?

Here is what ECS says your board can use...that is probably your problem.

Single-channel DDR memory architecture
2 x 184-pin DDR DIMM socket support up to 2 GB
2 x 240-pin DDR DIMM socket support up to 2 GB
Support DDR400/333 DDR SDRAM or DDR2 533/400 DDR2 SDRAM

Here is the link in case you can't find it. If this wasn't your board, I appologize.

http://www.ecsusa.com/ECSWebSite/Pr...73&DetailName=Specification&MenuID=44&LanID=9

Typically memory will try to slow itself down if it has to due to mixed speeds of chips or older boards that don't support the faster clock speed, but I have indeed ran into many boards where it had to be the exact speeds the board stated in the specs sheet.

I have to say this memory works great for $2.99. :p I'm not overclocking it, but it's working fine in two computers so far. What a steal.

Yeah quickest. The check came from HP, just want to inform every one. So don;t distroy your mail if you see from HP that might be your Rebate check.

CHECK WILL BE FROM HP

anyone have an extra one that they dont use? i only ordered one and they wont work in dual channel. give me a pm and we can discuss the price.

thanks

Can't wait for this to come back, I need some cheap ram for some builds...

right now it's $18 but I want that rebate again :)

Has anyone received their rebates on these yet? I'm going on my 7th week and still zilch. They set 6-8, so not as quick as others had mentioned in the past.

I did get my rebate. I don't remember how long it took, but it was definitely faster than 7 weeks.

For you guys that have not received your rebate check yet, dont lose hope. I mailed mine early in towards the end of January, and they just mailed me the check about 3 days ago. I sent an email two days ago to [email protected], and got a reply today. :)

Got my $100 rebate check today, with a check date of 3/13/08. Sent it just a few weeks ago. Still waiting on two rebates from elsewhere sent at least two months ago, so kudos to HP

How long did it take to get the check? It's been over a month and a half for me. Still nothing.

Just got my check today. Nothing like the very last minute on the deadline. At least I got it.

Got my check today as well! Check was cut on 3/17 for $100 (5 * $20)

Can't wait for this deal to come around again!

Got my 80bucks this weekend.

And The ram is running 4.4.4.12 at 900mhz........this is in my top 5 best deals I have ever gotten, just under the buy one get her friend for free deal I got in Vegas.

Just got my $80 as well! Mine is only running at 800Mhz @ 5-6-5-18 but I only tried two sticks out of the four (have it paired with my Ballistix). But for $3 each, who cares!

Still waiting on the rebate. At least Antec told me it would be May for my $30 rebate.

Got my 80bucks this weekend.

And The ram is running 4.4.4.12 at 900mhz........this is in my top 5 best deals I have ever gotten, just under the buy one get her friend for free deal I got in Vegas.

That's the best "RAM" deal I've ever heard of, thanks for sharing!

Back