HOWTO: Convert HD-DVD to MKV for archiving

sabregen

Fully [H]
If this thread is useful to you, please let someone (like me know). I'd love to see it do someone besides myself some good!

I started a thread a few days ago asking for assistance in how to properly transcode an HD-DVD disc into a .MKV file for archiving purposes. What I got back were great responses, and credit where it's due is to follow. Since it would seem that there's a lot of tools in development for archiving Blu-Ray, since HD-DVD has been dead for a few months now, gathering this information has been a lot of searching, and a lot of trial and error. So, here it is! The concise guide to converting your HD-DVD into a .MKV.

Credit on this goes out to

nitrobass24 (Your assistance in this was invaluable. This guide wouldn't exist without your help!)
ColdZero
SC385
icemochalatte
ToyTown
Rogue71
PCMusicGuy

Prepping your system

You'll need a few applications installed to get started. I have made a list of the ones you'll need, and their relevant download locations (or links, as possible).

AviSynth 2.5
ffdshow tryouts
Haali Matroska Splitter
AnyDVD HD
CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra 7.3.3319A You will have to inquire with Customer Service on getting this version for HD-DVD playback. This link has been changed, as the previous link was a rapidshare download, and I am under the impression that it was for an illegal copy...whoops.
EVODemuxer
TSMuxer GUI
RipBot264

The first thing that you need to know is that if you have any codec packs installed, this is just going to wreak havok on your transcoding process. You'll end up chasing down DLL errors, and program crashes to the point of utter annoyance. Uninstall all codec packs before embarking on this process.

1.) After that's done, install AnyDVD HD on your computer.

2.) Install AviSynth 2.5

3.) Install ffdshow tryouts, and when prompted (on the applications section) be sure to select "Do not limit" for both dialogue boxes.

4.) Install the Haali Matroska Media Splitter

5.) Download EVODemuxer, and put it where ever you want. It's just a single file, but I like to keep my system tidy, so it went into it's own folder in Program Files

6.) Extract TSMuxer to a folder (I put mine in it's own directory under Program Files)

7.) Extract RipBot264 to a folder (I put mine in it's own directory under Program Files)

8.) Install CyberLink PowerDVD 7.3.3319a Ultra (optional)

A note on PowerDVD:
Cyberlink's PowerDVD 7.3.3319A Ultra is (as far as I know) the last version of PowerDVD to officially support HD-DVD and .EVO file playback. PowerDVD Ultra 8 officially dropped HD-DVD support, as the format is now dead. You may have to call CyberLink to find out about purchasing or downgrading your current copy. While this application isn't necessary for the conversion process, It is useful for checking that AnyDVD HD has properly ripped the .EVO files to disk, before you start trying to transcode them.

Ripping the HD-DVD to your hard drive

This part is probably the easiest to do (or one of the easiest). After installing AnyDVD HD, and rebooting your system, you should have the SlySoft icon in your system tray (if AnyDVD is set to auto-start with the system. If not, double click to launch AnyDVD). With the source media (your HD-DVD) in the drive, AnyDVD should report that your disc will be available in a few minutes (after it scan the disc). After it's done scanning, right click on the AnyDVD icon, and then click on "Rip Video to Hard Disk"

This process will take some time. The entire discs contents need to have a place to go on your HDD. AnyDVD will tell you if you've not got enough space on the selected target drive. When this process is completed, you will receive a close option in the AnyDVD window.

Demuxing the .EVO

1.) Open up EVODemuxer

2.) Go to the Options tab. Make sure your options look just like this:
evoDemuxer1.jpg

3.) Go back to the General tab, and click the folder icon in the upper right hand of the window. This is to add the EVO file for demuxing (which separates the audio and video streams inside the .EVO into .MPA and .MPV files)
evoDemuxer2.jpg

4.) Choose the .EVO file that you wish to transcode. I would suggest starting with a small file to test your process. For the main movie of an HD-DVD, the movie itself will likely be called something like "FEATURE1.EVO". All subsequent file that are part of the main movie will have graduated numbers on the end of the file name. Adding multiple .EVOs in EVODemuxer (with the options set, as pictured above) will produce one .MPA and one .MPV file. MAKE SURE THEY ARE LISTED IN THE PROPER ORDER AFTER ADDING THE FILES. If you get the order wrong, you're movie will not play in the sequence that it should. ie, putting FEATURE2.EVO into EVODemuxer, and then putting FEATURE1.EVO in will result in the second half of the movie playing first.

5.) Once the files have been added to the program, go to the Video/Audio tab. Here you'll want to select Video Stream 0, and Audio Stream 0. Any additional streams that are selected will not play properly once we get to the end of all of this, and will increase your file size.

6.) Select the subpicture tab. Make sure that Subpicture 0 is the only one selected, as .MKV playback does not allow for selecting the multiple angles that may be available.

7.) In the options tab, select a target for the .MPA and .MPV files that will be generated as a result of demuxing the .EVO.
evoDemuxer3.jpg

Muxing the .MPA and .MPV into .M2TS

1.) Open up TSMuxerGUI

2.) In the upper portion of the screen, you have a window called "Input Files", with an add button to the right of the window. Click add to add the .MPA and .MPV files that were created with EVODemuxer int he previous section. Note that I have seen the file add for the audio stream in particular take a few seconds. Wait for the first file to populate before adding the second file. The order of adding the files does not matter in TSMuxerGUI.

3.) In the lower portion of the TSMuxerGUI, there's output options. We're going to go ahead and select M2TS muxing as our option. Also, you'll want to hit the browse button for the output file's destination.
tsmuxer1.jpg

4.) Click the "Start Muxing" button. You will end up with a .M2TS file in the location that you specified.

Converting the .M2TS file into a .MKV

1.) Open up RipBot264. When you do this, it will verify that it has the support libraries required to operate properly. If you get an error on any of the modules it requires, see the first section of this guide for program names, and download locations.

2.) Click the "Add" button in the lower right hand side of the RipBot interface.

3.) Select your previsouly created .M2TS file that was given to you as output from TSMuxerGUI.
ripbot1.jpg

4.) After selecting the .M2TS file, you'll see the status in the lower left of RipBot264 change as it scans the file. It will first demux the audio stream, then gather video stream information. When it's done, it will come up like this:
ripbot2.jpg

5.) We're going to change a few options here in RipBot264. I personally want the highest quality copy of the source that I can get, so I will show you how to do that. Note that RipBot264 doesn't give a target output size estimation in my example. To get that option, you'll need to change the Mode from CQ to 2-pass to select the output size. Note that setting the CQ to a higher number will produce a lower quality video. Here are my options to keep a high quality conversion:
ripbot3.jpg

6.) After your options are set, click the Done button in the lower right.

7.) Click the Start button in the lower right of RipBot264. This will start the conversion process. When you're all done, you'll get a high quality .MKV containered file that you can play over your network, stream over orb, transcode to another format, etc. This MKV file should be relatively lossless, but the size will be large. I've seen anywhere from 50-95% of original file size result from this process, but it's a great place to start from if you've got mobile devices that play other file formats, as you'll be assured your source (which would now be the .MKV file) is of excellent quality.

What do you do when your source uses two .EVOs and EVODemuxer won't continue to the second one?

1.) Launch EVODemuxer, and give it the first .EVO file
2.) Run Demux process on first .EVO
3.) Remove the first .EVO from the list, and give it the second .EVO
4.) Ren Demux process on second .EVO
5.) Close EVODemuxer
6.) Launch TSMuxerGUI
7.) Add the first .MPA file into TSMuxer, wait for GUI to display file information before proceeding
8.) Click the "Append" button in the upper right hand corner
9.) Add second .MPA file to the file list, wait for the GUI to display the file information
10.) Click the "Demux" Option at the bottom of the program window
11.) Specify proper output directory
12.) Hit "Start Demuxing " button
13.) Remove the .MPA file from the file list after Muxing is done.
14.) Repeat steps 7-12, substituting .MPV file where before it was .MPA file
15.) Remove the .MPV files from the file list
16.) Add your newly created .AC3 and .VC1 files into TSMuxerGUI, as you normally would have done with the .MPA and .MPV files
17.) Select .M2TS muxing at the bottom of the program screen
18.) Set your output directory
19.) Hit Start Muxing to create your .M2TS file for RipBot
20.) Close TSMuxerGUI
21.) Launch RipBot264 and give it the .M2TS file

When you do this, you will no longer have .MPA and .MPV files, you'll have .AC3 and .VC1 files. When you have these files, you're basically going to repeat the process in TSMuxerGUI, as if you were going to Mux the .MPA and .MPV files, but this time substituting your AC3 and VC1 files to create a .M2TS, which you then feed to RipBot264 to create the .MKV

Here's basically what this process does:

Demuxes the original 2 EVOs into 2 .MPA file and 2 .MPV files. Add the first MPA file into TSMuxerGUI, and append it with the second one, selecting the muxing option. The result is a joined AC3 file. Same thing happens with the video, and the output is a joined VC1 file. Then you feed TSMuxerGUI the .VC1 and .AC3 file to create the .M2TS that you will ultimately give to RipBot264 to create the .MKV.

Thanks again to all that helped in the other thread. Hopefully this thread will get the proper information out there, since I have yet to see a concise guide written by anyone on the topic, thus far. Please feel free to leave your comments, and questions here in the thread.

Other Guides and References
w1retap's "A Guide to Encoded HD Video Playback"

Just so Everyone knows

If you want to do BluRay it is exactly the same steps except you take the .m2ts from your rip and put it directly into tsmuxer if you want to demux certain streams. Or you can put it directly into RipBot264

BTW Great Job on the Guide!

Nice guide! I've wanted to do this with the couple of HD-DVDs I have but I haven't been able to find a decent guide. Most of them were complicated and hard to follow but this one is much more straightforward and simplified.

thanks guys. hope it helps. I had to edit the previous link for PowerDVD 7.3.3319a Ultra. I think I initially linked a page that had an illegal download link, which was completely unintentional (initially, it just looked like a review of the software, and the requirements).

..maybe I can just get my own sticky? If mine is destined to be linked off of another one though, would most likely be applicable to w1retaps HD sticky. :waves to w1retap:

I'll link to it in my sticky. Good job btw. :)

The more tutorials the better. The HTPC section on [H] has been lacking the past several years. It's good to see it getting more attention.

edit: put a link for it in the other guides and references section. (bottom of the first post)

Great thread, I have spoken to w1retap in PMs about this.
My question though is why should or need to convert from .m2ts to MKV?

I do this because I like to keep all my dvds.blurays on my WHS, and I want to watch them on various PC's and stream over the internet. x264 encoded mkv's make this easier.

I'll link to it in my sticky. Good job btw. :)

The more tutorials the better. The HTPC section on [H] has been lacking the past several years. It's good to see it getting more attention.

edit: put a link for it in the other guides and references section. (bottom of the first post)

Done. Did I correctly interpret your instructions? Heh...I can write a guide, but I can't understand easy stuff. :D

Great thread, I have spoken to w1retap in PMs about this.
My question though is why should or need to convert from .m2ts to MKV?

Well, for that matter, you could really just use Windows Media Player Home Cinema edition and feed it to .MPV and .MPA files, or use PowerDVD 7.3.3319a to just play the ripped EVO, or the .M2TS file if you wanted to. I like having it in MKV containers because it makes future transcodes (if I want to move them to my Blackberry, PSP, or Zen Vision:M) much easier, as the .MKV can be relatively easily transcoded to another file format (using something like SUPERc).

One could also make the argument of "why even bother transcoding the dead format of HD-DVD at all? The discs are cheap now, many places have them on closeout, the players are cheap, etc....why waste the time. Basically, because I'm [H]arder than you. ;)

No, really...it's just to see if I can do it for the most part. Eventually I will own a BD-ROM drive or burner for the PC. Being able to transcode it all to the same format has it's appeals, if only for future use. Personal opinion has made me like the .MKV format, as I seem to find the best quality rips containered in .MKV

Done. Did I correctly interpret your instructions? Heh...I can write a guide, but I can't understand easy stuff. :D

Oh, I meant I put a link in my How To guide to your guide.. lol. But that's cool. Now we have interconnecting How To links. :p

Oh, I meant I put a link in my How To guide to your guide.. lol. But that's cool. Now we have interconnecting How To links. :p

Sweet. Glad to have your backing on this. You are quite the knowledgeable guy. And I'm really jealous of your home theater. I followed that thread the entire time. Very nicely done.

Hrmm..I am in particular having issues with the movie 300. It seems that no matter what audio stream I select, when I get to the TSMuxer, and getting the file into a .M2TS container, I have no audio. In other news, my Planet Earth conversions have just completed Disc 1 of the 4 disc series.

Anyone else having audio issues?

I haven't tied 300 yet but I have been having a weird problem myself. evodemux won't continue onto the 2nd feature evo for Harry Potter 5 or Troy. I've only tried the muxing and demuxing so far for 4 movies. Two worked in evodemuxer and two didn't. I did notice though that you can select the 1st feature EVO in RipBot and it will read both feature EVO files. I'll be going out of town this weekend most likely so when I do I'll set my computer to encode the movies and will report back on how it works.

I haven't tied 300 yet but I have been having a weird problem myself. evodemux won't continue onto the 2nd feature evo for Harry Potter 5 or Troy. I've only tried the muxing and demuxing so far for 4 movies. Two worked in evodemuxer and two didn't. I did notice though that you can select the 1st feature EVO in RipBot and it will read both feature EVO files. I'll be going out of town this weekend most likely so when I do I'll set my computer to encode the movies and will report back on how it works.

I had a similar situation with the Planet Earth HD-DVD rips. For some reason, it seems the BBC deemed it necessary to split the second episode on each disc into 2 .EVO files. Normally, with "Continue with next EVO" is selected in EVODemuxer, it does continue to the next .EVO file. However, in my case, it did not. Here's what I did to get around that:

1.) Launch EVODemuxer, and give it the first .EVO file
2.) Run Demux process on first .EVO
3.) Remove the first .EVO from the list, and give it the second .EVO
4.) Ren Demux process on second .EVO
5.) Close EVODemuxer
6.) Launch TSMuxerGUI
7.) Add the first .MPA file into TSMuxer, wait for GUI to display file information before proceeding
8.) Click the "Append" button in the upper right hand corner
9.) Add second .MPA file to the file list, wait for the GUI to display the file information
10.) Click the "Demux" Option at the bottom of the program window
11.) Specify proper output directory
12.) Hit "Start Demuxing " button
13.) Remove the .MPA file from the file list after Muxing is done.
14.) Repeat steps 7-12, substituting .MPV file where before it was .MPA file
15.) Remove the .MPV files from the file list
16.) Add your newly created .AC3 and .VC1 files into TSMuxerGUI, as you normally would have done with the .MPA and .MPV files
17.) Select .M2TS muxing at the bottom of the program screen
18.) Set your output directory
19.) Hit Start Muxing to create your .M2TS file for RipBot
20.) Close TSMuxerGUI
21.) Launch RipBot264 and give it the .M2TS file

When you do this, you will no longer have .MPA and .MPV files, you'll have .AC3 and .VC1 files. When you have these files, you're basically going to repeat the process in TSMuxerGUI, as if you were going to Mux the .MPA and .MPV files, but this time substituting your AC3 and VC1 files to create a .M2TS, which you then feed to RipBot264 to create the .MKV

Here's basically what this process does:

Demuxes the original 2 EVOs into 2 .MPA file and 2 .MPV files. Add the first MPA file into TSMuxerGUI, and append it with the second one, selecting the muxing option. The result is a joined AC3 file. Same thing happens with the video, and the output is a joined VC1 file. Then you feed TSMuxerGUI the .VC1 and .AC3 file to create the .M2TS that you will ultimately give to RipBot264 to create the .MKV.

It's the long way around, and there might be a better way, but this is how I did it, and It's worked just fine for me.

Note: The guide has been updated to include this information, since I am not the only one that's seen this behavior.

I had same problem, Feature 2 worked perfect but when I tried to do feature 1 no sound was coming through.

Gonna try Sabregen's method see what comes of it ....

Cheers for the guides by the way been all over the net to try and find a easy solution to HD-DVD movies, until I came across this site, keep up the good work guys ....

glad I could help. Please let me know if you continue to run into issues with your transcodes. What movie are you trying to do, at the moment?

Well gave it ago and still having same problem with audio, followed the step by step guide aswell. Everything works well when I do the feature 2 on its own but when I try both feature 1 & 2 the audio just doesnt come through .....

Trying to convert Jarhead ...

try opening feature 1 in RipBot. It should automatically select both features and will come up with a box asking which audio, subtitles and everything else you want. The defaults will give you the correct audio and everything, just deselect the subtitles if you don't want them. Hit OK and ripbot will demux the audio and video. When that is done you will see the screen posted in the guide where you set the audio output, file output, container, etc. Choose your settings like posted above and start the encode.

the does not come through at all, or the audio is out of sync, or popping? When you do feature 2 on it's own, which audio stream do you have selected? You should be using the same stream number for Feature 1 as you did for Feature 2. If you just do Feature 1 by itself, without appending the audio and video of Feature 2 during the muxing process (to VC1 and AC3), does the audio come out okay then? If so, you could just do the two features independantly, and then use an MKV joiner when the entire process is complete. If it's possible to see some screenshots of what you see in the EVODemuxer program for Feature 1 and Feature 2, I'm sure I could be of more help. Unfortunately, I do not have Jarhead myself, so my assistance will be limited by the information that you can provide.

Just trying out SC385's info will report back when done, but can tell that via ripbot its auto demuxing feature 1 & 2 together. Removed Subs as I dont need them, just waiting for it to finish (Taking ages lol)

But sabregen no, no sound at all ... but on feature 2 not sure what the files are called as I dont have up as yet but think its the audio stream :0 think there is about 4 or 5 though, so Feature 2 plus audio 0 and again feature 1 plus audio 0.

Feature 2 plus audio 0 works, but feature 1 plus audio 0 doesnt...

When I get a better insight when I run EVOdemux I will post screens on what I see .... (well once ripbot does its job)

Ok tried via ripbot and something went wrong dont ask what cos all I got was error messages, posted some screens of EVEdemux

Capture3.jpg

Capture2.jpg

Capture.jpg

lol, umm....it looks like you are trying to keep all of your subpicture, and audio streams. This will not work. You must read the data generated on the Status tab of EVODemux, and deselect all Subpictures and only select one audio stream. You can do this by deselecting the checkboxes next to the undesired data streams. For subpictures, it's easy, uncheck them all. Audio is a bit rougher. You want a Dolby Digital Plus audio stream that's 5.1 @ 48KHz, or 2 Channel (Stereo) at 44/48KHz. The Dolby TrueHD audio streams will not work at all...TSMuxer has not idea how to handle a TrueHD .MPA file. You only want one audio stream being output by EVODemuxer, and from the folder contents picture, it's obvious that you're ripping everything, with nothing deselected.

Although HD-DVD's standard supports having multiple picture/subpicture/audio streams, most single file containered output do not (as a matter of fact, I don't even know of one that does, at all). The audio is admittedly the trickiest part. There's liable to be 5 out of the 6 embedded streams that will show as being Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 @ 48KHz. However, some might be in Enlgish, French, director commentary, actor commentary...you get the idea. This is the guessing game part. I'm lucky with the Planet Earth series, there's only 1 video, 1 audio, and 4 subpicture streams, so I just unselect the subpictures, and demux the file.

If possible, a screenshot of the Status tab, extended out to show as much data as possible on the audio streams would be very useful. Myself or someone else could likely help you choose the right one.

Edit: In looking again at the screenshot of the output folder wil the tons of files: Delete all of the subpicture files (to keep confusion to a minimum). Keep the Merged .VC1 file, and all Merged .MPA files. Feed the source .EVO's into EVODemuxer again, and screen capture the Status tab. You already have all of the audio files ripped, you just need to pick the right one to feed into TSMuxer. Judging by the file sizes ono audio strems 5 &6, I'd guess that it's not either of those, but the screen capture would tell us for sure.

interesting, here's what I see:

Both features: audio 5&6 are stereo.
Feature 1: audio 0 is 768k, 5.1, no offset
Feature 2: audio 0 is 768k, 5.1 w/offset

I would initially think that Feature 1 & 2 should use audio 0, but you have said this doesn't work. Audio 0 for feature 1 has no offset,

I have also noticed, on Feature 1: Audio 0,5,6 are the onely ones without an offset. This leads me to believe that 1,2,3,4 are other language tracks, dubbed, or commentary tracks.

If audio 0 on Feature 1 is really producing no sounds, that would indeed be strange. The only options that I would really consider, are the following:

Demux the Audio track 5 from both features, and play the .MPA file to make sure it's english, and doesn't contain commentary. Try the same with track 6 for both features. These will only get you stereo sound, obviously. Optionally, you could try tracks 1,2,3 or 4 to see if you can get a lower bitrate 5.1 audio track to use.

I assume that you used something to rip the disc that's known to be working well, but I'll ask anyways, what program did you use to rip the discs?

Slysoft Anydvd

Ok treid tsmuxergui with

V_MS/VFW/WVC1, "C:\Users\1233\Desktop\New Folder (2)\FEATURE_1_MERGED.VC-1.stream.0.mpv"
A_AC3, "C:\Users\1233\Desktop\New Folder (2)\FEATURE_1_MERGED.DD+.stream.05.mpa"
A_AC3, "C:\Users\1233\Desktop\New Folder (2)\FEATURE_1_MERGED.DD+.stream.06.mpa"

and this made the main movie but with commentary tracks lol so I know now that 5 & 6 arnt the ones I need

that would be the part of the previous post where I said "Demux the Audio track 5 from both features, and play the .MPA file to make sure it's english, and doesn't contain commentary."

You don't need to run through the whole process after demuxing the audio to see if it will work or not. You should be able to just play the .MPA files after they've been demuxed from the .EVO. Going all the way through the conversion process to find out that the audio tracks you just ripped are commentary is certainly the long way around.

That being said, I'd say your best best is to try tracks 1-4 until you find the right one. If you just rip the .MPA stream 0 (audio) from Feature #1, and attempt to play it, do you hear anything? That would be the other test, as you've already said that stream 0 on Feature 2 plays just fine when encoded.

I was reading on the AVSForum that there is a way to get the TrueHD stream into a .flac container so you do not lose the lossless audio. If I ever get around to backing up my HD DVDs I'll give it a shot and post any information I uncover for a "how to".

that would be the part of the previous post where I said "Demux the Audio track 5 from both features, and play the .MPA file to make sure it's english, and doesn't contain commentary."

You don't need to run through the whole process after demuxing the audio to see if it will work or not. You should be able to just play the .MPA files after they've been demuxed from the .EVO. Going all the way through the conversion process to find out that the audio tracks you just ripped are commentary is certainly the long way around.

That being said, I'd say your best best is to try tracks 1-4 until you find the right one. If you just rip the .MPA stream 0 (audio) from Feature #1, and attempt to play it, do you hear anything? That would be the other test, as you've already said that stream 0 on Feature 2 plays just fine when encoded.

um when i play the evo in nero showtime it plays fine but once i demux it to two streams the .mpv and the .mpa nothing will play the files. i hear nothing with .mpa and the .mpv doesnt render.

im going to try encoding my newly demux files when i get home and see if i get errors like i did when i tried to transcode in x64

you might have to manually associate the .MPA and .MPV files with Windows Media Player. It will likely complain that it may not be able to play the file, and ask you if you want it to try anyways. Just say yes. Obviously, you will only get audio with the .MPA, and only video with the .MPV, but they should play separately just fine. Unless of course, you have codec issues.

ive tried to convert several different HDDVD movies probably 6 times now and no matter what i cant get the audio to be in sync with the video.. Its driving me fricken crazy.. The movie will start but the audio is like 10seconds behind the video.

anyone else having this problem ??

any help would be greatly appreciated..
thanks
CCC

ive tried to convert several different HDDVD movies probably 6 times now and no matter what i cant get the audio to be in sync with the video.. Its driving me fricken crazy.. The movie will start but the audio is like 10seconds behind the video.

anyone else having this problem ??

any help would be greatly appreciated..
thanks
CCC

I was having similar problems with some movies so I have stopped using evomuxer and tsmuxer and just use ripbot.

Open the feature 1 EVO file in ripbot and it will automatically do everything txmuxer and evomuxer does.

I was having similar problems with some movies so I have stopped using evomuxer and tsmuxer and just use ripbot.

Open the feature 1 EVO file in ripbot and it will automatically do everything txmuxer and evomuxer does.

wow i hope that works.. doing it now

Why do you have to do all the demuxing and remuxing and then demuxing and remuxing over and over?

Can I suggest you change your guide slightly? To something like this:

Programs needed: AnyDVDHD (or any program that can get files off a HDDVD)
Ripbot264 (and its requirements, ffdshow, haali)
Something to join .mkv files (http://www.321slideshow.com/mkv-joiner.htm)
Player

Open the HD-DVD as a folder and find the biggest .EVO files normally called "feature"
Copy files somewhere on harddrive.

Run Ripbot264 and point it at the first .EVO, it will now ask you which video/audio and subtitle streams you wish to use. Select the right ones.

It will now demux the video and audio streams.

Once this has finished you just use Ripbot264 as described by you. You can que up the .evo's to go over night or something.

Once both are finished use a mkv joiner to stick the resulting files together.

after doing this i received a ffmpegsource: couldn't open e:\blah\blah\blah\video.mkv

at which part of the transcode, and in what application did you receive this error? sounds like a codec pack may have been installed, and is incorrectly calling it's own version of ffdshow.

Back