Hows your X800 holding up in BF2?

I was very disapointed at first, I had to run my res at 1024X768 and my Hz level to 60. I then added an extra 1gb of ram (now at 2gb Corsair XMS3200) and I can run everything at 1200 X 1600, 75Hz and the highest settings without any slowdown. It wasn't my card holding me back at all, it was not enough ram, BF2 is a resource hog like I've never seen before.

i havent tried 16x12 yet but do u see any differnce in image quality? if so tell me im too lazy but i will get another gig of ram if the performance is what ur reporting it as

If you can borrow some ram from someone you know, put it in and check it out. I will never go back to 1gb while playing BF2, and it also did wonders in Doom 3.

i was running everest when i was playing bf2 with my 1 gig of ram. before bf2 loaded i was using 15% of my ram. Once i was in game, i was using 99% of my ram

AznAnarchy99, you won't notice much of an increase by going from a X800Xt-PE to a 7800GTX. I played a friends machine with a 7800GTX with the same proc I have, and I really couldn't tell the difference. I'm gonna wait at least for the R520s to come out and see what they can do with crossfire and all the other bullshit.

Back