How would you play through of all Zelda games?

TheGardenTool

2[H]4U
I have not done a complete play through of any Zelda games since Ocarina of Time. I have the consoles handy to go through I think every game so I was wondering how would you all do it?

In order of release date?
Following Nintendo's suggested timeline?
Another way I'm not thinking about?

Nothing interesting me on PC right now so I'm thinking about starting this quest instead.

I would Start with Twilight Princess Nintendo Wii end with Breath of the Wild which I haven't played but it's good.

I would go in order of release date. For one, each game will get more modern than the last as you work your way through. And for two, going through the suggested timeline won't give you those "a-ha" moments when you play through the later games. Since all the games are basically in their own contained universes, you're actually doing yourself no favors by attempting to do it that way, either.

I would go in order of release date. For one, each game will get more modern than the last as you work your way through. And for two, going through the suggested timeline won't give you those "a-ha" moments when you play through the later games. Since all the games are basically in their own contained universes, you're actually doing yourself no favors by attempting to do it that way, either.

I'd go with release date as well. I never figured there was a 'timeline' of sorts because, as Armenius mentioned, each game is it's own self-contained story. The only real through line I see in the games are the characters and the Tri-Force. They've always seemed like a re-telling of the same "legend", hence the name. I think there are a couple actual sequels to some but not many.

Also, be sure to skip the CD-i games :p

Yeah, they tend to put little nods/references to previous games in later titles, so it would make sense to just go chronologically by release date.

However, there really isn't any sort of continuity so you don't HAVE to play ALL of the games if you don't want to. Speaking of...I never really finished Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess. I kinda hope they re-release those on the Switch.

I would go:
Link's Awakening
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
The Legend of Zelda
The Adventure of Link
The Minish Cap
A Link to the Past
Four Swords
Four Swords Adventure
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks
A Link to the Past
A Link Between Worlds
Tri Force Heroes
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
The Wind Wanker
Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword
Breath of the Wild

naw, I added that in afterwards to see if anyone would notice... because if you did notice then you'd be the one slippin' ;)

Yea, I liked WW too

I would go:
Link's Awakening
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
The Legend of Zelda
The Adventure of Link
The Minish Cap
A Link to the Past
Four Swords
Four Swords Adventure
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks
A Link to the Past
A Link Between Worlds
Tri Force Heroes
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
The Wind Wanker
Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword
Breath of the Wild

Any particular reason for this order?

so it gets better graphically over time... (well, besides the n64 games looking like ass compared to SNES, but you could at least pick them up on 3DS if you wanna try to make that experience better)

I started by release date. Finished first map of LoZ. Not sure I'll go through second map right now. Maybe at a later time.

Pretty much this.

I would rather play most or all of them on the same console of possible though. So buy them them on VC for the Wii/Wii U or new 3DS (BS that they don't make SNES games available for the original 3DS) and the Pro controller or something.

If you're a masochist, you can play through OOT Master Quest after the original too. Not sure if it's on VC though. I still have the OOT/Master Quest game that was on GameCube.

Back