How would the performances differ?

RobotChild

Gawd
I'll be getting a Athlon XP 2600+ for my socket A system, which I will be overclocking to 2.4GHz (Aiming for. I might stay at 2.2Ghz)

In my 939 rig I have an Athlon XP 3800+, which runs at 2.4GHz.

They'll both be running at 2.4Ghz, but which will have the better performance.

I would hope the 939 would have the better performance, or else something is wrong. My socket A at 2.2ghz is starting to show its age :( and I would hope if i went to a 939 at the same speed it would be noticeably faster especially with the on die memory controller. That right there should make a big difference.

freakycody said:
I would hope the 939 would have the better performance, or else something is wrong. My socket A at 2.2ghz is starting to show its age :( and I would hope if i went to a 939 at the same speed it would be noticeably faster especially with the on die memory controller. That right there should make a big difference.

It is noticeably faster. I went from a Barton at 2.6Ghz to my X2, and it is a world of difference even on things that only use one core.

Alright.

My s939 system is firmly bolted (Well, not really) to my desk.
My sktA system is what I use if I want to bring my computer to a friends house or a LAN party or something.

(Small 10-25 people LAN parties)

Speaking of a LAN party.
Yay! We got sponsors.

Nvidia better send us some super rad swag!
Bawls's sponsorship is kinda obvious.

Back